King's Realm on its way out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mr-F

Registered Shopper
I'm always curious to read the reviews on the QVC app, particularly of food products. There's no way I'd buy any of this stuff.. for those kind of prices, I'd want Gordon Ramsay to be hand preparing it! Don't even get me started on the 'Gourmet Ketchup'! Although it does all look 'nice' on screen.

I think King's Realm is on its last legs. I noticed just before Christmas how all of the low rated items were removed and are now re-sold with a new item number. Clever. Unfortunately for them, they've taken a battering over the xmas period.

800170 - I've been reading the reviews of this particular hamper (3.4Kg for £60! - crazy I know) and its averaging 2 stars. Some classic comments including how its "Spoilt our Christmas family meal".

One I keep seeing time and time again is that people just "Threw it in the bin". I really don't understand this. Is it really that poor that you can't even eat it? Let alone return for a refund.

Is King's Realm really as bad as the reviews make out? It always looks lovely on screen, but no chance at those prices!

Anyone remember The Real Pie Company?

Last edited:
The trouble is they make it look so good and build it up with all the sales patter, that when we get to taste it at home it is just average, nothing special, as they lead us to believe.

I thought it was a QVC own brand like Northern Nights etc so it might just be reincarnated with a new name.

Why would you buy meat from QVC when you can go to the local butcher, who can give you a provenance and you get to pick your own?

I'm always curious to read the reviews on the QVC app, particularly of food products. There's no way I'd buy any of this stuff.. for those kind of prices, I'd want Gordon Ramsay to be hand preparing it! Don't even get me started on the 'Gourmet Ketchup'! Although it does all look 'nice' on screen.

I think King's Realm is on its last legs. I noticed just before Christmas how all of the low rated items were removed and are now re-sold with a new item number. Clever. Unfortunately for them, they've taken a battering over the xmas period.

800170 - I've been reading the reviews of this particular hamper (3.4Kg for £60! - crazy I know) and its averaging 2 stars. Some classic comments including how its "Spoilt our Christmas family meal".

One I keep seeing time and time again is that people just "Threw it in the bin". I really don't understand this. Is it really that poor that you can't even eat it? Let alone return for a refund.

Is King's Realm really as bad as the reviews make out? It always looks lovely on screen, but no chance at those prices!

Anyone remember The Real Pie Company?

That's dreadful - they shouldn't be able to do that as it is dishonest. The reviews of the Christmas hamper are so bad that QVC can be in no doubt as to how poor the product was so it is incredibly disingenuous of them to try and pull the wool by changing product numbers so that they can continue to flog a substandard product to unsuspecting customers.

I bought some Buccleugh meat from qvc around 7 or 8 years a go and it was very nice. I guess qvc switched to kings?

That's dreadful - they shouldn't be able to do that as it is dishonest. The reviews of the Christmas hamper are so bad that QVC can be in no doubt as to how poor the product was so it is incredibly disingenuous of them to try and pull the wool by changing product numbers so that they can continue to flog a substandard product to unsuspecting customers.

Indeed.

It also highlights a flaw in the reviews system, particularly for new products with no ratings. I would imagine people give items the benefit of the doubt and still order. They should introduce a ratings system for brands as a whole as well as individual products - after all, brands are supposed to be consistent. KR would stick out like a sore thumb.

Of course I doubt it'd be implemented, but it would make purchasing a little more transparent.

Looking at the reviews, it looks as if people have been royally stuffed and ripped off by the hamper. I guess it's the downside when you can't acutally see or choose what you are going to get as you can in a butchers. People really need to kick up a stink about this so people don't get ripped off next Christmas.

I did wonder if maybe they'd had a rush on and in some parts of the country had had to get some other company to fulfil orders, but reading reviews it seems people all over the country were experiencing the same low awful standards. I've not been tempted because of the prices, but this is a complete slap in the face for those that have spent their hard-earned money on what they thought would have been an exceptional treat.

Guess Queenie will be sticking with Fortnum and Masons in future (even though I hear they were struggling to get orders to people on time this year too!)

Goodness, reading the website reviews I wonder if there is a case to be taken under the trade description act.

I did wonder if maybe they'd had a rush on and in some parts of the country had had to get some other company to fulfil orders, but reading reviews it seems people all over the country were experiencing the same low awful standards. I've not been tempted because of the prices, but this is a complete slap in the face for those that have spent their hard-earned money on what they thought would have been an exceptional treat.

Guess Queenie will be sticking with Fortnum and Masons in future (even though I hear they were struggling to get orders to people on time this year too!)

JR is vegetarian.

i personally would never buy meat etc from qvc because i prefer to pick my own plus I think KR charge extortionate prices, but it does always look yummy. Even though all the lady seems to do is slice slabs of meat hour after hour, never really does any recipes or anything. But what I don't understand is, especially taking the pricing into account, why people were saying they were putting it in the bin. I would have exercised the 30 day money back guarantee and got every penny back, I couldn't just throw away £50/60/70. What a shame for everyone especially as it was intended for christmas dinner!!! Sounds like they had problems with hampers too, not good!

The big guy was originally Buccleugh and then something else and now Kings Realm, feels everytime you see him he is a different name. Sounds a bit of a con to me, reminds me of the companies out there who continually fold and just reopen under a new name. Surprised QVC keep dealing with them if they have let so many people down in the past.

We had this hamper (not my idea at that price), and I thought it was just me who didn't like it, if I had read these reviews earlier I may have persuaded someone to ring up and complain. The beef was fine - nothing special. The turkey I thought was awful, chewy, both hot and when cold.

Latest posts

Back