Kim Mendelson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Many of the techies in silicone valley have Aspergers, as does Bill Gates. It would be interesting to find out if this is the case (well, to me maybe as it's related to my work!!) Do we have a practising, rather than lapsed, resident psychologist?! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Capirossi said how Kim always brings any small talk to a halt and only wants to talk clothes, this is what makes her so irritating and boring, you never get any off clothes talk, even after all these years as a regullar guest, I still know very little about her.

Capirossi said how Kim always brings any small talk to a halt and only wants to talk clothes, this is what makes her so irritating and boring, you never get any off clothes talk, even after all these years as a regullar guest, I still know very little about her.

I for one don't want or have any desire to listen to the waffle. She's there to talk about the clothes not herself. Don't want to hear the life stories of the presenters or guests. I want to hear about the. products.

Now Im different, I like to hear about their lives, just gives me an insight. I thnk thats down to fact I have so little social contact and conversation, that I love it when qvc guest ad presenters chat, I know now thats why Im not fond of kims shows.

Fair enough but the small talk irritates me. If i"m going to part with my money i want details not what they did the night before.

i bought a few pieces about 10 years ago or more, when they were much nicer. they still look brand new and still get compliments. i rarely watch her these days but she has always come across to me as very nice. she is always polite and always nice to the models. she talks a little (the right amount) about her personal life - how she likes skiing and occasionally about her family. she had her mum on once - she looked like a twin sister.

I reckon she's on summat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I! Some odd facial twitches are creeping in along with the crazy giggling. Whatever it is doesn't do her memory any harm though, she reels off measurements on everything.

I wouldn't wear a lot of her clothes but the few things I have are brilliant. And do actually wear one of her dresses to work most weeks. Summer and winter. I have thought about buying a replacement for when it wears out but honest to god it's never going to wear out! It's as good now as it was when I bought it a few years ago. I will admit to buying the exact same dress in cerise from eBay for a song because it is such an easy option. It's the crepe fabric shift dress with the knot at the front.

Ive got that dress in Aubergine, Black and a Sapphire based pattern. The Black one was a Super Bargain Price so the fabric isn't as heavy as the Aubergine one. I too wear them for work, they are so comfortable, never need ironing and I've had loads of compliments.

Have also got some of her sleeveless tops for under a suit jacket and they too are easy to wash, wear and pack.

My daughter has Aspergers Syndrome. All I can say is its very easy to pigeonhole or stereotype people with AS. I can say from our experience that traits (I don't like the word symptom as it suggests that AS is a disease which in turn suggests it needs to be treated, which it doesn't) vary from person to person. I also wish to add that the "Rain Man" tag associated with people with AS is very frustrating and misleading. A minuscule percentage of people with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder are savants (like Rain Man). My daughter cannot remember the telephone directory or an aerial view of London so that she can sketch it. She does however have memories of being 18 months old. But she isn't a savant. It's very very rare. I doubt Kim is either and I really wouldn't want to speculate about whether she has an ASD or not. It's a very personal matter and I just don't feel comfortable with it being so casually discussed. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Kim is there to demonstrate her product, and she does a fine job of doing so. I have about 5 dresses and love them. They are well cut, and last really well. People compliment me when I wear them. I don't like some of the items but so what?

I too prefer to focus on the product when I watch QVC.

It's a shame that comments about whether she has a condition or is on something are being made. If she is, then it's nobody's business but hers. I admire her hard work and passion for her business, and her taking the trouble to convey as much information about each item as she can about her designs (unlike the likes of Kelly Hoppen).

even if you don't like it, she always looks good in the clothing herself! as everyone has said, there's nothing she doesn't know about it and she clearly is the company, rather than just the face of it.

Ive got that dress in Aubergine, Black and a Sapphire based pattern. The Black one was a Super Bargain Price so the fabric isn't as heavy as the Aubergine one. I too wear them for work, they are so comfortable, never need ironing and I've had loads of compliments.

Have also got some of her sleeveless tops for under a suit jacket and they too are easy to wash, wear and pack.

Ah I think the fabric on the black is slightly different on mine too. The cerise one is slightly more dense. I'm used to the black one so didn't really give it much thought!

I like the aubergine colour too. And the pewter. But there are only so many dresses one Tink needs!

I don't mind hearing a little of non-product talk but a lot of guests/presenters go to the other extreme and talk non-stop about themselves/family/any old drivel and before you know it the on air product has moved on and you've had no information about it at all. At the end of the day the guests and presenters are there to sell an item nothing more. Personally if I went into a high street store and a shop assistant droned on about their kids/wedding/journey to work or whatever, I'd be really annoyed especially if I was in a hurry. I just want to get in a shop, buy what I need and get out - so in that respect no different to QVC. See item on TV, get info on size/price/colour etc, buy and switch off.

Flamenco, thank you ForSharing. Your first-hand knowledge is insightful, Friend. (((hugs))) I think KM is passionate about her brand and I admire her knowledge, even to knowing the heights of the models. She is well-prepared and informative and a Q presenter is unnecessary. IMO, off-hand comments about her being on meds is unkind. Now, I'm off to sort out MY meds ...

My hubby nearly got a slap yesterday! In one of the hours, Kim's dress made her look like she had a tummy, he glanced up and said, "don't buy that love, if it makes HER look fat..." And then trailed off before he finished what he was saying like he knew he was about to get his arse kicked! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always found Kim irritating to listen to ( & have said so before) I ordered the Devore cardigan & top last time as it was free P&P & decided to try.I got the bronze shade & it is really nice they are comfortable & easy to wear, won't crease & are dressy enough to wear over the Christmas time without being over dressed.I have found so little to suit me on the High St. being over a size 12 & over 25 years old so was pleased to get these pieces. Just wish KM would NOT refer to her 'Haute Couture' sewing--- a misuse of a term if ever there was one!

Latest posts

Back