Keeleys Salon - Style, Sophistication and a Meat 'n Tater Pie Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is what the website says....
"Walk into a world of complete sensory heaven: when you arrive at ÉLE you experience a magical spell! Leave yourself in the hands of one of our highly experienced therapists who will start you on your journey.

ÉLE is a sensory space for both men and women where you will escape from the pressures of everyday life. ÉLE is a family run business where our one true aim is to exceed your expectations.

Every attention to detail has been carefully chosen from heated treatment couches to the rich vibrant décor."

Followed by a large donner and shish on pitta.
Winner.

Nooooooo!!!
That can't honestly be the same Keeley that comes on QVC!! :grin::grin:

I must admit that I laughed at the thread title because it was funny, but imo the thread has now turned horribly cruel (again)

I think the premises are fair game for a spot of ribbing given the impression of a sumptious spa we glean from Keeley's presentations. Airbrushed photos don't interest me cos the web's full of them and this thread is about the salon.
Hands up anyone who pictured premises like this when Ele Tamworth is mentioned on air?

Jude xx

I must admit that I laughed at the thread title because it was funny, but imo the thread has now turned horribly cruel (again)

Must admit I've felt uncomfortable reading this thread, it's felt a bit like a playground attack on someone. I don't know all the details on this keeley saga and only buy an odd elemis item so I am a neutral, however I do find myself wondering if there was really a need to start up the nasties again. As stated, I don't know the woman but if I was her I'd be really upset reading all this and I'm not a believer in causing people unnecessary stress. people have written really mean stuff on this particular thread imo.

If people cannot see the humour in a "world of complete sensory heaven" looking like a modified terraced house jammed between a chippy and a curtain shop then I feel sorry.

This is only a tentative link by association to the purpose of this forum. Someone has deliberately searched out the salon in the hope that something nasty can be said about it. I assume that the people laughing at Keely run their own successful businesses then? Lol. Also when I read it the first thing I thought was some of the best restaurants, hotels, b and b's, cafe's and theatres/clubs have been small, off the beaten track a bit, independently run and knocked spots off some of the larger slicker chains. Keely chooses to use Elemis, a luxury brand. Cirencester college chose to have Shappi Khorsansi, my fave comedian who also graces the Appollo, perform there. A small restaurant I go to chooses to stock my favourite New Zealand wine. So what if some of you don't like the decor, I probably wouldn't like your choice of decor. Each to their own. I don't use Elemis that much, but you gotta admire Keeley for running her own business and doing her qvc thing and have a small child. Many people value her opinion, and not everyone will agree about the products but each to their own! Now carry on playing before the bell rings for the end of break time.

All I have to say on the matter, is that in the unlikely event of me ever going there, I would be so concentrated on trying not to trip up the ginormous step, that I would no doubt, instead catch the white bottom bit of the sliding door and announce my arrival by pitching head first through the window.:mysmilie_465::doh:

I don't see Ele Tamworth in amongst these photos: http://www.elemis.com/dayspa/photogallery.aspx.
I'm not having a dig at small beauty salons because they're on every high street (if they've survived the recession) and I'm sure Keeley has a loyal clientele. Elemis is a very image-conscious brand; you only have to look at their website to see that. When Keeley guests for Elemis on QVC her name and her name-dropping of her own business acquire a luxury gloss by association. I think it's completely fair for a forum member to show us the reality behind the facade. I've heard T callers saying they're travelling across the country to visit Keeley's salon for a treatment; I'm sure they have created a picture in their mind's eye of the venue for their sensory experience which isn't a reality. Also viewers have put Keeley on a pedestal as the most knowledgable representative of the Elemis company when in reality there are probably many other Elemis-using practitioners who have equal knowledge. It's all smoke and mirrors and I'm happy for the reality to be revealed.

I've always wondered why QVC condone the plugging of guest's businesses; Dawn Bibby and Keeley have always slipped the name and location of their shops into their presentations.

I've had elemis treatments at Saks hair salon locally and on balance it wouldn't matter very much about the surroundings (as long as it's clean) because I mostly had my eyes closed. It didn't look like the Elemis spa photos either.

I think any topic is open for discussion; if it doesn't fit under a channel's forum the administrators will more it somewhere more appropriate and if it offends public decency or breaks the law they'll remove it. The appropriate course of action is to report the post. Have you reported the offending posts?

No one has come on this thread to post an opposing view; that the like the photo, would jump at the chance of a massage there. Are you saying this Kat73, Petpixie, apple, JoeyEmma? Is it how you imagined? Really?

Jude xx

And why, when QVC shows their Elemis trailers and it shows Ms Aydin doing her stuff and giving a client a treatment does it show her doing it somewhere TOTALLY different?

I take on board some of what you say, Jude. TBH on the very rare occasions that I do have an Elemis facial or treatment I go to the hotel near me where I got ready for my wedding. That was just one room, with a bed and some "lift" music in the background from memory. I didn't "imagine" keeley's salon at all, if I did I really wouldn't have been able to picture it in my minds eye because every SPA I have ever been to has been different. As for reporting people I have not even considered doing that, it's not me that has been offended by anyone's posts, I just disagree with the views expressed sometimes and love arguing, after all I get paid to do it and I can argue both sides of any argument. However on here I just say what I think, and those who don't like it should not dish it out If they can't take it.
I take on board some of what you say, but also tend to agree with the other posts about nasty comments. So people don't like animal print? So what? Don't go there then it will free up a space for one of the many Facebook friends on their pilgrimage!

If people cannot see the humour in a "world of complete sensory heaven" looking like a modified terraced house jammed between a chippy and a curtain shop then I feel sorry.

Ridicule can be a great source of humour but when the ridicules develops into a sustained attack on one seemingly insignificant person the wit goes out of the ridicule pretty quickly for me.

Righty-O chaps! Waving a white flag and wearing the peace-keeping blue helmet here. Fact-finding Brigadier Snarly here, bark out yes or no to the following. 1. Is this really Keely Aydin's spa? 2. Retouched? 3. In UK? 4. In Cyprus? ... as you were! (when I am out of range)

Ridicule can be a great source of humour but when the ridicules develops into a sustained attack on one seemingly insignificant person the wit goes out of the ridicule pretty quickly for me.

We're just having a giggle because it's funny. No one is attacking anyone. Stop making it into something it isn't.

This is only a tentative link by association to the purpose of this forum. Someone has deliberately searched out the salon in the hope that something nasty can be said about it. I assume that the people laughing at Keely run their own successful businesses then? Lol. Also when I read it the first thing I thought was some of the best restaurants, hotels, b and b's, cafe's and theatres/clubs have been small, off the beaten track a bit, independently run and knocked spots off some of the larger slicker chains. Keely chooses to use Elemis, a luxury brand. Cirencester college chose to have Shappi Khorsansi, my fave comedian who also graces the Appollo, perform there. A small restaurant I go to chooses to stock my favourite New Zealand wine. So what if some of you don't like the decor, I probably wouldn't like your choice of decor. Each to their own. I don't use Elemis that much, but you gotta admire Keeley for running her own business and doing her qvc thing and have a small child. Many people value her opinion, and not everyone will agree about the products but each to their own! Now carry on playing before the bell rings for the end of break time.

That'll me me then!

The photo appears on the Ele website. There was no "seeking out" required, it is already in the public domain. And the proprietor has no qualms about publicising it during her tv appearances so she can't moan if people go looking it up.

I actually found the pic the other week when the other thread was running, and decided not to post as there was enough going on re KA at the time and I wanted this to taken lightheartedly. I'm tempted to tell you to stick it and make your own ****** entertainment in future. I'm sure there a good couple of dozen people on here who'll be more than happy to discuss card making or nail polish ad infinitum. I doubt it will do much for Graham's advertising revenue but hey, the do-gooders will be happy. And when the site closes because everyone stops visiting because theyre bored stupid with the same old CRAP being spouted by the same few people then you'll all be able to congratulate yourselves on how you made the world a better place.

Last edited:
Well said BB. Lighten up folks. She's happy to be in the public eye so she'd better expect to hear stuff she doesn't like. As the saying goes, 'If you can't take the heat get out of the fire'.

I'm sure there a good couple of dozen people on here who'll be more than happy to discuss card making or nail polish ad infinitum. I doubt it will do much for Graham's advertising revenue but hey, the do-gooders will be happy. And when the site closes because everyone stops visiting because theyre bored stupid with the same old CRAP being spouted by the same few people then you'll all be able to congratulate yourselves on how you made the world a better place.
Ain't that the truth. I hardly bother to read the Q forum these days let alone post anything because all the self indulgent drivel bores the arse off me. If your threads weren't here Burlz I wouldn't read anything at all.

She's happy to be in the public eye

Exactly! Would anyone one have looked at her website and the picture of her salon except on the back of her self-promotion on QVC? The new SBC guest, the recent ABC guest and the last Clientele guest all mentioned their salon but didn't publicise it during the shows. I'm sure Keeley can weigh the increased footfall through her doors (mind the step) against a few digs by half a dozen forum members and think it was probably still worth the shameless plugging on air.

Jude

Latest posts

Back