Julia's Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teessvee

Registered Shopper
Oh Dear Lord as if she isn't unbearable enough we will now have the never ending mentions of her book. Did I tell you I wrote a book............save me now!!:puke:

Will sick bags be included in the price??

I cannot understand how or why QVC continue to let her dreary ego expand like this. Release the item number? Whooppeee Woo!

I watched her doing a diamonique show last night, she really has become impossible. What is she exactly? an ex chorus girl who has become chief sales assistant on a shopping channel.

Please tell me this is not going to happen.

I'm afraid it is Ruthmay.. What I found particularly nauseating is that she is going to release little snippets over the next few weeks AND you might be lucky and win a signed copy. Talk about delusions of grandeur!

Even as a Julia fan I think it a little OTT. :cheeky: Frankly, I assumed she would be signing copies as a matter of course and would be grateful just to shift a few thousand copies. Let's face it, it's hardly the launch of the new Jackie Collins, is it? I assume it's hard back, which can be quite expensive, but I doubt that I shall be tempted to part with more than a tenner, if that. :thinking:

Even as a Julia fan I think it a little OTT. :cheeky: Frankly, I assumed she would be signing copies as a matter of course and would be grateful just to shift a few thousand copies. Let's face it, it's hardly the launch of the new Jackie Collins, is it? I assume it's hard back, which can be quite expensive, but I doubt that I shall be tempted to part with more than a tenner, if that. :thinking:

I wouldn't part with 10p

I'm not interested in reading about any of their lives. We hear enough about them on air.

Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous - I agree that we might be lucky to win a copy is delusions of grandeur territory, I also agree with LEL that we hear more than we need about their lives in the on air presentations.

Imagine if the lady on the till at Sainsburys was compelled to tell us how she cooked chicken breast and how to get the best result from verucca cream before we could complete and pay - what a thought!!!!

When I said a tenner that included p&p! The QVC stories might be mildly interesting, but as she still works for the organisation they are unlikely to be explosive. Any mention of what is happening with the profits? If they are just helping to keep her in jeggings and toe-posts I might not bother. :dull:

I have nothing personal against her either, I like her, I personally have a problem computing the idea that Q presenters are media stars and that a signed copy is a prize. I have similar issues with 'reality stars' bringing out an autobiography when they are still wet behind the ears.

No offence intended if others are excited at the prospect, after all different things appeal to each of us.

I have nothing personal against her either, I like her, I personally have a problem computing the idea that Q presenters are media stars and that a signed copy is a prize. I have similar issues with 'reality stars' bringing out an autobiography when they are still wet behind the ears.

No offence intended if others are excited at the prospect, after all different things appeal to each of us.

I agree. I hope she doesn't start a trend amongst the presenters.

Well, if the book is a success then the next move will probably be a fragrance - 'JuJu' perhaps, or 'L'Air du QVC'?

I am not interested enough in JR to read her blog never mind buying or reading her book, she is just a presenter on a shopping channel for gawd sakes....

Ha ha that's hilarious - I'm sure we could come up with some equally amusing and appropriate titles for her new fragrance lol.... Ladies/gents?

It must be wonderful to have so much self confidence to believe people would be so interested in reading about your life. Maybe the book should have been on building confidence rather than about Julia's life.

It must be wonderful to have so much self confidence to believe people would be so interested in reading about your life. Maybe the book should have been on building confidence rather than about Julia's life.

I couldn't agree more!!!! She has such an ego, that she really believes we'll be falling over ourselves to read about her life. The trailer was so insightful, there are happy stories, there are stories which are not so happy..that's life..NO?!!!

Is she someone people are interested in? I doubt it

Is it for charity?

Latest posts

Back