Julia's Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Debbie Flint to julia, introducing the book and just asked dryly, 'Why'
Julia is coming over so precious and divaesque, hilarious ! :mysmilie_15:
she does really seem to think of herself as an important star/celebrity and she owed to us, her public, to publish this important memoir

Last edited:
Debbie: "you've been in soooo many commercials, some very famous ones"
Julia: "yes, I took over from the girl in the Woolwich advert, I can't remember what she said but I was the one who said "can I help you?" "

A glittering career :giggle:

In danger of descending into parody.

It's limited stock though

oh yes, here it came : 'it was because you of the viewers, you were the inspiration for this book, coming up and wanting to know 'oh \julia what did you do before QVC'
or smalltalk as i call it,
i get asked this and that too, small talk, and have no need to rush of the write a biography/memoir 'by popular demand' :tongue:

I expected it to go to limited stock/sell out. Julia has nearly 6,000 followers on twitter so publishing 5,000 copies was not much of a risk.

Debbie: "you've been in soooo many commercials, some very famous ones"
Julia: "yes, I took over from the girl in the Woolwich advert, I can't remember what she said but I was the one who said "can I help you?" "

A glittering career :giggle:

In danger of descending into parody.

It's limited stock though

yeah, very irony-by-pass funny
and while ltd stock might only mean that they sold 10 copies, well who knows
as this is the world in which Jedward are millionaire entertainers and SATIRE IS DEAD !

hehe the two Debs are being a little bit bitchy here and there
only caught bits and bobs
but Deb G read out a glowing Julia book review, well the first sentence of it and then she went blahblahblah
and Deb F going, 'you are also a presenter'

excellent sitcom stuff
i wonder if Burly's got a story coming on, brewing maybe, some inspirational stuff today hehe

and watching Deb Greenwood makes me feel like a kindergarden child as she speaks to me like nursery school teacher ... just put my finger on why i generally avoid her :taphead:

Smokey glazed camera lenses ,especially for QVC. :cheeky: Sorry but in the YouTube video she looked a bit "ruffer" than she
does on the Q, so methinks special lenses :thinking:
That top does her no favours either!

Good grief she has just given John Barrowman a copy of her book in exchange for a set of his skin care products that her son wanted! I wonder if the book was one of her own copies or just taken from QVC stock.

I'm sure John Barrowman wants a presenting job he doesn't seem to to be doing much else at the moment.
Lynn

I'm sure John Barrowman wants a presenting job he doesn't seem to to be doing much else at the moment.
Lynn
I'd never stop watching if he was on, he's lovely. Before you say it, yes I know ....... but it doesn't alter the fact that he's lovely lol

He's just "written" a book himself. With his sister. Sci-Fi fantasy. Fingers in lots of "pies" Mr Barrowman. Amongst other things

DF 'Its a great book to take to the toilet cos you can dip in and out of it' Julia's face was a picture. JR was not happy when DF showed a picture of Mr JR because he does not want his photo on the TV, well don't put his mug in the book then.

I missed the show tonight but from reading these posts I'm getting the impression that the other presenters aren't all pleased for Julia, or am I picking up the wrong vibes?

I missed the show tonight but from reading these posts I'm getting the impression that the other presenters aren't all pleased for Julia, or am I picking up the wrong vibes?
I suppose it depends whether you interpret some of the comments as bitchiness or just jokes. However they do say that there's many a true word spoken in jest.

I'm a bit gutted I have missed all the interviews with Julia on the hot seat.

This book seems to have been in the making for a good few years, or at least it seems that long since Julia has been going on about it!

I remember the time, live on air, when Julia suggested to Miss Young that she should write a chapter on beauty for it. Ali's look was priceless!, totally "Like em that's not going to happen" dead-pan silence.

Latest posts

Back