Julia's 15th Birthday Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I missed this whole programme, is there any way of watching it - I am sure they used to run video hours on the TV guide on QVc but I can't see it anymore on there. Is there any way of seeing a complete repeat anywhere???

the e-mail from margerine brooogmonster (the pilates woman) was actually quite moving. i filled up a bit!

i do love JR, she can be an annoying cow at times but thats the same as anyone innit.. like an annoying family member. you put up with it cos the bigger picture outweighs the annoyances.

sometimes she says things that make her seem quite vulnerable, and thats the trick to being engaging. keenan and griffiths are word perfect but theres no humility.

i hope JR does another 15 years. GO JR!

the e-mail from margerine brooogmonster (the pilates woman) was actually quite moving. i filled up a bit!

i do love JR, she can be an annoying cow at times but thats the same as anyone innit.. like an annoying family member. you put up with it cos the bigger picture outweighs the annoyances.

sometimes she says things that make her seem quite vulnerable, and thats the trick to being engaging. keenan and griffiths are word perfect but theres no humility.

i hope JR does another 15 years. GO JR!

lol, yes "Margerine's" email was very touching, there is so back story there I feel.

What did the e-mail say i missed that bit? I heard AK on the phone and then she appeared in the studio, i must admit i had a little cry as i thought it was lovely and you could tell they are real friends.
As for Julia's son i think he is a good looking young man, tall and athletic and there for his mum. I think he was probably going to drive her home after she had had a few glasses of champers!

Didn't see all of it, but there did seem genuine affection for her. Can't imagine QVC without her - long may her reign continue!

Did those skanky old black flip-flops get a gift, cos they must have been celebrating 15 years as well?

Just flicked onto QVC and saw Simon Wilson giving Julia a gift. It was a really lovely union jack clutch bag (a new arrival not available on QVC) checked on his website at £498!!!!!! Thought Julia seemed a little underwhelmed in view of the cost!

Ohh is that the same one Wendy Richard has? I saw it on tv this morning and thought it looked lovely

If you mean the 'file footage' on Sky News - I think the bag you saw that Wendy Richard had was a soft one with a long strap. The B & W one that Julia was given was one of those hard-cased, small, hand-held clutch bags that you see around a lot this year. Except that this one had an awful lot of sparkly, expensive Swaroski crystals on it to make up the Union Jack. Gorgeous bag!

He gives her a five hundred quid bag, and the viewer is offered some bit of pvc tat - says it all really.

I see Julia's son is on demonstrating pilates. Surprised she hasn't managed to get the daughter in on the act. :52:

Give her time!:54:

Sorry but have I missed the point here?? Why so much fuss about JR's 15th year at QVC when there are others who have been there from day 1 also?? Bluddy egotistical woman has to be the feckin Queen Bee all the time doesn't she?? :rolleyes: As for Keenan getting all emotional with her tribute...what a load of bollox, I'm sure she'd just LOVE to knock JR off her perch and completely take over given half a chance. :pPC:

Julia has been fab throughtout her show. Ali Keenan really likes her and what a surprise she pulled on Julia.
I don't think she looked underwhelmed when Simon gave her the clutch bag, :33: hmmmm

I didn't see that part, what was the surprise?

If you mean the 'file footage' on Sky News - I think the bag you saw that Wendy Richard had was a soft one with a long strap. The B & W one that Julia was given was one of those hard-cased, small, hand-held clutch bags that you see around a lot this year. Except that this one had an awful lot of sparkly, expensive Swaroski crystals on it to make up the Union Jack. Gorgeous bag!

Oh I see, yes that's the footage I saw. Sounds lovely anyway!

What did the e-mail say i missed that bit? I heard AK on the phone and then she appeared in the studio, i must admit i had a little cry as i thought it was lovely and you could tell they are real friends.
As for Julia's son i think he is a good looking young man, tall and athletic and there for his mum. I think he was probably going to drive her home after she had had a few glasses of champers!

Marjolein Brugman's email was about the first time she met Julia (her first show was with JR). She said Julia was sceptical about Pilates at first and that after the first few shows they met up after the shows and became friends, she then learnt a lot about Julia's live, etc. In a nutshell the email was about what a good friend Julia has been over the years. At this point Julia was really fighting back the tears.

Sorry but have I missed the point here?? Why so much fuss about JR's 15th year at QVC when there are others who have been there from day 1 also?? Bluddy egotistical woman has to be the feckin Queen Bee all the time doesn't she?? :rolleyes: As for Keenan getting all emotional with her tribute...what a load of bollox, I'm sure she'd just LOVE to knock JR off her perch and completely take over given half a chance. :pPC:

Sue, you make me laugh. Is 'Cynical' your middle name? :D

It seems that with Julia, what you see is actually what you get - a bit girly-wirly at times, but I imagine she is a lovely person to know and have as a friend.

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back