Julia is wearing the Size 6!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Starlight

Registered Shopper
Poor Julia - she says that she really wanted to buy the Diane Gilman TSV jeans but unfortunately they don't do a size small enough to fit her, so she has had to borrow a pair of Diane's own jeans to wear which are a UK Size 6!!! :mysmilie_505:

She did say that the jeans are 'generous' in their sizing, all I can say is that they must be bliddy ENORMOUS! :giggle:

I was going to order, but now am totally confused about sizes. Why is a size 10 not a 10...do we need to order TWO sizes down, or is she just showing off:doh:

I think she's definitely just showing off. She said that Tiffany the model was wearing the Size 10. Do we think that Julia is two sizes smaller than her? I think not.

I bought the DG last jeans tsv (I'm usually a 14/16 but generally take a 16 in jeans as I like them a bit loose).

As advised by the QVC presenters I went down a size & got the DG ones in a 14 & they're a perfect fit with plenty of room so I'd advise going down a size.

I am confused too - I am a size 8 but could fit a size 10 in jeans and I do not know if they will be too big now. Why haven't they explained properly?

I still think the short length would need to be chopped for me. I am only a 27inch inside leg.:wonder: M&S short length seem to be the only ones that fit me OK.

DG has just said that she only takes one pair of jeans to wear over a 10 day trip. EWWW!!!

I've thought before her sizing is a bit barmy. A size 10 is a 30 inch waist and a size 12 is a 31 inch waist. Since when did sizes vary by an inch. The difference in waist from the 10 to the 18 is five inches. Then the 20 to 24 is another five inches. That just isn't right.

I honestly wouldn't know what size to order for my pretty standard size 18 backside. But I would probably take a stab at a 14. Ooo if Kathy is on the morning show she will say what size she's wearing then I'll know to buy that size or the one down. Or perhaps I'll stick to trying jeans on in the High Street!

NOTHING compares to my fave pairs of seven for all mankind jeans ,although my Elisa Cavaletti ones come close, as they fit so well!

I'm a great believer in paying for a good pair of jeans , although M&S do some good pairs at a budget price IMVHO !

I still think the short length would need to be chopped for me. I am only a 27inch inside leg.:wonder: M&S short length seem to be the only ones that fit me OK.

DG has just said that she only takes one pair of jeans to wear over a 10 day trip. EWWW!!!

Phew! Glad I read this before completing my order. I usually buy M&S short and so the DG would be too long on me. Thanks, you've saved me 2 lots of P&P :angel:

she probably carries her Tena Lights along Lilian!

Gawd all this wearing your size on the outside of your clothes is ridiculous. I remember a time when if your size tag was hanging around outside the back of your neck, you were embarrassed, no matter what number was on it!

Julia, you are a Size Snob - grow up for goodness sake! It's IRRELEVANT! :yawn:

Unless you've actually met Julia and know how she compares to you in the flesh, I fail to see how any on-screen reference to her size is going to be any help to the majority of us. Nobody looks their true size on telly. It wasn't until I saw Kim Brushednylon stand next to one of the models that I realised how tiny she was (or how massively tall the models are).

Just put the fecking measurements on the FECKING screen PLEEEEEESE!!!!!!!! :devil:

*gets off soap box* :sun:

AM I BEING COMPLETELY THICK ? Julia said she is wearing DG's own jeans and they were a size 6 - BECAUSE there wasn't a size that would fit her. If a size US 6 is a size UK 10 - it does seem implausible that given the size and number of the models who will be on duty throughout the day, that NONE of them is a size 10, and harder to believe that there wasn't a sample size 10 on the rail for them to wear. We are supposed to believe then, that Julia is what, a size UK 8 ?????? Hard to believe that when she is on her back like an upturned turtle demonstrating the Pilates machine.

Come off it Julia !

The skinny jeans have a zip at the bottom of each leg. Last time I remember those it was the 80s!!!!

I am a M&S jean wearer, I need a short and love their £25 straight leg ones the best. As I am short waisted their ones which sit on the natural waist are again brilliant.

QVC should tell the waist and hip meaurements on each size, the only true way. No having to waste money returning due to not fitting. Oh and QVC saying too many returns.

I ordered some of her jeans the other week as I'd been waiting for something to come in short length. I am an 18 in M&S jeans and elsewhere. Then I heard JR and Diane saying that they were all wearing smaller sizes than they normally would. Couldn't wait to get mine thinking they would be a comfy fit or too big, when they came as soon as I got them to my knees I knew they wouldn't fit, too small for me. So I would say try your normal size and cross your fingers cos these jeans for all the hype are hit and miss like all other makes.

Gawd all this wearing your size on the outside of your clothes is ridiculous. I remember a time when if your size tag was hanging around outside the back of your neck, you were embarrassed, no matter what number was on it!

Julia, you are a Size Snob - grow up for goodness sake! It's IRRELEVANT! :yawn:

Unless you've actually met Julia and know how she compares to you in the flesh, I fail to see how any on-screen reference to her size is going to be any help to the majority of us. Nobody looks their true size on telly. It wasn't until I saw Kim Brushednylon stand next to one of the models that I realised how tiny she was (or how massively tall the models are).

Just put the fecking measurements on the FECKING screen PLEEEEEESE!!!!!!!! :devil:

*gets off soap box* :sun:

Beautifully put! and I couldn't agree more. For the sake of showing off, she's probably just thrown a lot of potential customers into confusion over what size to buy. She might well fit into size 8 clothing sometimes, big deal...so do I but I don't go around constantly telling people, it's of no interest. A girl's size should be for her to know only, or perhaps someone who wants to buy you clothing as a present....if you look and feel good then it doesn't matter if you're wearing a size 6 or a size 26! Rein it in Madame Julia you're too vain for your own good!

To clarify - Julia said she was wearing Diane Gilman's own jeans (because none would fit her) which were the equivalent of a UK Size 6 and that she usually took a size 10 so she had gone down by two sizes!

She then confused things by saying that we shouldn't go down two sizes, just that if we were a 14-16 say, to go for the 14, and that Joy who is usually a 16-18 had managed to squash herself into a 16.

We were then treated to a close-up of her bum in these size 6 jeans which to me looked tight and as though they were cutting her in half so to speak! I reckon she could have easily worn the size 10 like the model Tiffany did. If the jeans are as stretchy as they say with a waistband that stretches 5" I can't see why it would have been a problem! I notice that she was also wearing a big floaty top too, therefore disguising any 'overhang', I bet she wouldn't have worn them if she had to wear them with a fitted t-shirt! :confused:

By stupidly trying to show off in my opinion she has just confused everyone who wants to order these jeans! :confused2:

Latest posts

Back