Joules TSV 08/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Joules Newdale Quilted Jacket
QVC Price £95.00
Todays Special Value Price £74.97
P&P £4.95
Warmth and comfort combine in the Newdale quilted jacket, a signature Joules piece that truly harks back to the British countryside and the brand's equestrian heritage. It's our choice for everyday autumn/winter wear with its classic diamond quilt design and beautiful bespoke lining. Countryside walks are calling, and Joules has answered in figure-flattering style!
An updated classic - taking the style and functionality of Joules' original quilted jackets and elevating the look with the addition of contrasting faux leather piping and cord panel details, this jacket will stand out in your casual collection. A belt at the back and cleverly placed Princess seams then work together to create a flattering fit, so you can head out feeling confident and looking good.
Into the great outdoors - quilted for warmth in contrast diamond panels and complete with handy pockets that you can fasten with the press studs, this design works well as a lighter weight jacket ideal for dog walks, outdoor meet-ups, commuting to work and everyday wanderings or errands.
Fabulous colour range - choose from five fantastic colours you won't be able to help but fall for, including a gorgeous Dark Purple that's currently on available at QVC UK, as well as a timeless Black, trendy Caramel, sophisticated Marine Navy or country-classic Khaki.

• Long sleeves
  • Zip-up and press stud front fastenings
  • Two angled pockets with press stud fastenings
  • Back hemline splits with press stud fastenings
  • Embroidered branding at the hemline and right cuff
  • Outer: 100% polyamide; wadding: 100% polyester
  • Main body lining: 100% cotton; sleeve lining: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Dark Purple
  • Caramel
  • Khaki
  • Black
  • Marine Navy
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: 8: 98cm (38.5"), 10: 102cm (40.2"), 12: 106cm (41.7"), 14: 112cm (44"), 16: 118cm (46.5"), 18: 126cm (49.6"), 20: 132cm (52")
  • Waist: 8: 84cm (33"), 10: 88cm (34.7"), 12: 92cm (36.2"), 14: 98cm (38.6"), 16: 104cm (40.9"), 18: 112cm (44"), 20: 118cm (46.5")
  • Length: 8: 71cm (28"), 10: 72cm (28.4"), 12: 73cm (28.7"), 14: 74.5cm (29.3"), 16: 76cm (29.9"), 18: 78cm (30.7"), 20: 79.5cm (31.3")
All measurements are approximate

I’ve bought on buy it now three sweatshirts from eBay Joules direct for at home with the dog for the price of two and one postage from QVC.

I'm not in the market for a big coat but I hope you all love yours. Joules is great quality. I bought the red "mac" the last TSV in the red which has been great for summer (I get cold on the beach) but now I'm back in my winter Aigle coat and I've got my DB faux furs waiting in the wings.

CC

Only Jill, who's incredibly slim, wore the jacket done up for the entire presentation. None of the other models, of which I didn't notice a plus sized girl did theirs up at any stage throughout. It's a lovely jacket, don't get me wrong but even at the reduced price, it's £80, which isn't cheap by any means I'd need to know that I'll be able to do it up comfortably. The months ahead are not "open jacket season", you'll more than likely be wearing it done up most of the time and more than likely want to wear something thicker than a t-shirt, or a lightweight jumper underneath - This is all they showed - Not very helpful! The model wearing the caramel at the end kept seductively fiddling about with the opening but not once did she attempt to zip it up. I was shouting at the screen FGS do the ****** thing up! I noticed that some of the models were fairly busty despite being of a slim build, and I wondered whether or not the jacket would do up comfortably. All they could do is suggest that you go up a size if you want to accommodate thicker clothing. I think it would be far more useful if they showed the model doing up the jacket to show how it looked and then perhaps modelling it with a thicker jumper, showing how one's true size looked done up and then showing it again with the model wearing the larger size. If you went into one of Joule's shops you surely would try them on and experiment and buy the one that would be more suitable. Do that at Q and you're talking a whole lot of hassle and a whole lot of extra money. I don't think it's too much to ask that Q actually demonstrated their suggestions. I'm glad they actually mentioned that it was showerproof 'cause nothing was mentioned in blurb. It is a lovely jacket but I'd want waterproof for that price and to be sure of the fit!

I hope you all get the size that fits you. I see that everything is on waitlist and of that, none is above a size 16 which is a 12-14 from what I've tried on of Joules before. Apart from that, too expensive and too many press studs for me, even if I did need another jacket.

Agree Merryone to get your correct size is a lottery and far too expensive to get more than one size with QVC with p&p plus returns.So many of the jackets and coats are modelled without being fastened, Ruth Langsford items look as though they won’t meet.I recently tried a gilet in a Joules shop and would have needed to go up a size to get the fit I wanted.

It’s a lovely jacket but I would only buy from a shop where I could try on several items. Great if you are a standard Joules size but I’m not. Not sure the nipped in back would work on my arse anyway! Did it have a concealed hood? Whilst they are not great at least helps if you are caught out and believe me here it’s always bliddy raining!

I am in the middle of a big clear out and all this talk of coats has spurned me on to tackle my hoard.

Of the 7 for the charity shop 3 were dead ringers for the Joules hardly worn and 2 biker style which are far nicer than anything Ruthless has produced.

Coats which have been well worn and had their day are for the recycling and a few which didn’t fit kept in the vain hope I will be that size again!

The one good thing is it has proved to me I don’t need any more coats despite just receiving a 20% off voucher from Marks !! (I did buy one last week!,!!!)

I am in the middle of a big clear out and all this talk of coats has spurned me on to tackle my hoard.

Of the 7 for the charity shop 3 were dead ringers for the Joules hardly worn and 2 biker style which are far nicer than anything Ruthless has produced.

Coats which have been well worn and had their day are for the recycling and a few which didn’t fit kept in the vain hope I will be that size again!

The one good thing is it has proved to me I don’t need any more coats despite just receiving a 20% off voucher from Marks !! (I did buy one last week!,!!!)
I’ve received 20% of M&S footwear so have ordered a pair of leather boots 👢

I’ve also got one for beauty and bags but our Marks has gone from one of the best in their empire to empty shelves so I doubt I will be able to use them.

As an aside, I made a special trip to Lidl today for just one item - - - "I can't believe it's not butter" spread.

Empty shelf where it was supposed to be :( So I came home empty handed.

BTW the name is true for me.

It looks teeny tiny & Imogen Connolly said the size 14 was perfect as she was wearing a fine knit jumper but she'd size up if she wanted to have a thicker layer under it, does that mean buying two different sizes? The reviews will be flattering but many will probably include the line about being sorry but had to return...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back