Tefal TSV 20/08/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used mine yesterday to get creases out of a top that had just been delivered. Unlike a lot of my clothes it wasn’t an easy care one but all the creases came out. I did need to fill the water reservoir up twice although I only used half of the second top to get it crease free. It had a good percentage of cotton in it so I thought that was quite good going,

You’ve been really unlucky with some of your purchases lately, strato, 😕

I've just tried it on a shirt (cotton I think) from the wash that was very creased.

I am not impressed, it only partially removed the creases, and shirts are the only items I iron anyway. That was another omission in the presentation, how short a time the water lasted.

With all the refilling of the tiny reservoir, it probably took longer than ironing it; I refilled it at least 3 times.

So is it a return? I haven't decided yet, I will look at the shirt later when it has completely dried after the steaming, in case the creases have returned.
I will probably return it, it's not worth my while to keep it.

If I showed my steamed shirt to anyone, I'm sure they would think that it needs ironing.

Once again, I think the demo was "smoke and mirrors"

I think they had properly ironed all the garments BEFORE their demos, then just crumpled them up a bit to cause some superficial creases, which came out easily with the steam - - unlike my un-ironed shirt.
It's going back, return label on way!

It's the gadgety things that don't live up to the demos.

At least you can't really go wrong with Lock n Locks :)
All the gadgety things that I’ve bought, plus any lighting, have all worked well and I haven’t had to return any of them for not doing what was expected. I guess I’m just lucky.

I'm now thinking of getting another gadget, the thermometer that you shake. I have a few torches like this, they never need batteries or charging.

PP is reasonable. Should I risk it???

PS Come to think of it, you used to have to shake clinical thermometers!

No! Get a cheap one from Amazon (under £8). Mine takes three of those teeny batteries stacked on top of each other. I've had mine for almost a decade, used it a few times a week and replaced the batteries once.

It's not glamorous or gimmicky but it works and was cheap.

You'd probably only end up getting the one the guy used then folded over without wiping clean :sick:

I'm now thinking of getting another gadget, the thermometer that you shake. I have a few torches like this, they never need batteries or charging.

PP is reasonable. Should I risk it???

PS Come to think of it, you used to have to shake clinical thermometers!

Personally and in view of the amount of things you’ve returned recently, I’d say no but, of course, it’s up to you. 😉 It just sounds a bit of a gimmick to me. I bought a “bog standard” one from Amazon ….. and I don’t need to shake it. 😂

Latest posts

Back