Joules TSV 08/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Qvc is indeed the Harrods of TV shopping. They are very brave in pushing the boundaries on price. An average jumper is around £55.00 plus postage I suspect

Sick of this on Q sizing everything is now subject to the four size ruling.

0. not and never will even require to pull together/fasten or never fully lace up.
1. wearing very little underneath or bare feet.
2. wearing a light long sleeve top/jumper or tights/light socks.
3. wearing a chunky knit/layers or thick knitted tights/socks.

I’m sorry but I’ve been brought up and I’m now of the opinion if something doesn’t fasten or zip up or you can’t put anything of any thickness underneath, it’s not the right size for you as it’s too flipping tight and far too small.
🙄🤦🏼‍♀️😏

Qvc is indeed the Harrods of TV shopping. They are very brave in pushing the boundaries on price. An average jumper is around £55.00 plus postage I suspect
I love this comment, as it totally sums up what they've turned into, or at least think they have. For the London day tripper, Harrods is an experience, and we may possibly be lured into treating ourselves into buying something with a Harrods label to top it off, swagger out with the bag in hand and a confident smile. Harrods has always had this reputation for being high-end and aspirational - QVC have not. At best they were considered perhaps the most professional tv shopping outfit and over all a place where you can unusual and innovative products and fashion items that weren't cheap, but won't break the bank.
Nowadays it's nothing more than a place to pay top whack for everything plus extortionate rates of P&P added, pay through the nose for frankly ****** awful clothes, and see endless amounts of Zelebs names tacked on to generic goods and fashion - and guess who has to foot the bill?
I broke my ban on buying from Q with the M. asam foundation, and I'm actually glad I did on that occasion because it's amazing, but I've not bought anything since. I used to buy stuff on a regular basis, now it's hardly ever - I'm sure I'm not alone - but if that's what they want, fair enough! It'll come back and bite 'em on the bum eventually, of that I'm sure!

If someone asks me where I bought something, I feel quite embarrassed and mumble QVC, hoping they won't hear me. I don't know why this is, but I then feel that I have to justify why I bought from shopping telly.

Does anyone else feel like this?
I feel exactly the same, I am in my late 50s and all of my friends would never dream of watching or buying anything from Q, particularly clothes. I don't know why but for me it's a guilty secret. I tend to only buy beauty stuff from them, and most of my pals would never dream of spending the money I do on skincare.
Clothing I would never want to risk ordering from Q, as could not rely on sizing and would much rather go in a shop and try something on, but I know many people who are always buying stuff online and having to return it from various sellers/stores, I just can't be bothered,

If someone asks me where I bought something, I feel quite embarrassed and mumble QVC, hoping they won't hear me. I don't know why this is, but I then feel that I have to justify why I bought from shopping telly.

No I don't mind people knowing I buy from QVC

When I was purchasing I admitted to friends and family it came from Q to others i just said it was purchased on line. Not that I am ashamed but it’s a faff explaining Q’s ridiculous ordering and their scorn would have taken the shine of any pleasure I had from my purchase of a bag or piece of jewellery. It’s academic now as I rarely buy but I still get compliments but now I just say I bought it years ago, which is true.

People at work used to talk about me and my "telly clothes" but they were IW dresses etc not QVC. It didn't bother me at first and then I used to get a bit fed up with all the snickering and the pointed comments about their Jaeger purchases. They must have watched the IW programmes themselves if they recognised the clothes.

Years ago when I worked in London I had a different Laura Ashley dress for every day at work and people used to talk about me then lol, just in a different way.

CC

Latest posts

Back