It Cosmetics TSV 22/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AY mentioned not only a lower price of £36 and reduced p&p of £3.95 compared to the first drop.

Ali mentioned that she's been ill and taking steroids and other medication.

I had thought she has been looking heavier, and this explains it. When you aren't well it's hard to look good... Everything suffers.
Hope she gets better soon.

I heard the reduced price of £36, no brush, but thought she said p&p would be £2.95, perhaps I misheard.

Very poor launch with no swatches of the shades shown at all. You think they'd at least put stripes of each on their arm or something. I'd like the powder compact, I have the loose powder & really like it as it's super, super pale, probably too white for most people but perfect on my palor, no tangoed effect with this. It reminds me a bit of the super pale Mally loose powder that many people complained was too white.
So I'm trying not to be tempted as the cream would probably be too dark & yellow.

Very poor launch with no swatches of the shades shown at all. You think they'd at least put stripes of each on their arm or something.
That would be of some help but I have never seen them doing hat, neither in the UK nor in the US, they always show the shades through the pictures of persons wearing them and live on the models.

Oh dear. The Doll 10 Hydragel in Fair is too dark for me, though the "almost white" concealer & powder might be right!
I'm paler than a vampire on a sick day. :sad:

That doll 10 hydragel in fair is the lightest foundation I've come across on QVC.
I'm very pale & I think that one is half a shade to pale for me.
I don't know of any paler - but I'm sure there are some brands.

I wish that Desiree woman presenting the products would slow down. She is absolutely manic and I can hardly understand a word she is saying.I have to say though this TSV does not really do much for me, it's not very exciting. The products look too thick for my liking, not keen on heavy coverage foundations.

That doll 10 hydragel in fair is the lightest foundation I've come across on QVC.
I'm very pale & I think that one is half a shade to pale for me.
I don't know of any paler - but I'm sure there are some brands.

Most brands don't bring their very lightest shades to QVC, I suspect. US brands can be problematic as they seem to have an "everyone needs their skin warmed up with yellow" orthodoxy which means with a pale skin you may end up looking jaundiced!

I want this TSV but have no clue about the shade that will suit my skin tone. I hope someone asks of Facebook or Twitter to do the swatches live.

It's been hard work just watching! How anyone can determine what shade they need from that, I take my hat off to them. It may be just me but I now clench my teeth every time they trot out 'we work with plastic surgeons' - I don't care I still have no idea what the shades are and how they apply from scratch!!!
Totally confused as Deborah Ann who wears fairly light in bare minerals is sporting the medium as are all the IT presenters and they seem more tanned.

I want this TSV but have no clue about the shade that will suit my skin tone. I hope someone asks of Facebook or Twitter to do the swatches live.
Yes, please!

I am wondering why they don't mention the shades of the concealers that come with the sets....

It's been hard work just watching! How anyone can determine what shade they need from that, I take my hat off to them. It may be just me but I now clench my teeth every time they trot out 'we work with plastic surgeons' - I don't care I still have no idea what the shades are and how they apply from scratch!!!
Totally confused as Deborah Ann who wears fairly light in bare minerals is sporting the medium as are all the IT presenters and they seem more tanned.

I am also a fairly light person in BM and was told by IT to go for the light shade in the CC Cream, but tbh, the colour seems a little dark to me, whereas the fair one....told you before. *blush*

Asked my husband-to-be to match my face to one of the shade chart and he says that that's a bit difficult because of my freckles...but that I am definately not as white/pale as the woman for the fair shade is.

I wanted to order the fair but now I don't know. *confused*

Last edited:
In the launch hour the two guests and AY were all wearing Medium, but AY looked much paler than them two I thought?

I am also a fairly light person in BM and was told by IT to go for the light shade in the CC Cream, but tbh, the colour seems a little dark to me, whereas the fair one....told you before. *blush*

Asked my husband-to-be to match my face to one of the shade chart and he says that that's a bit difficult because of my freckles...but that I am definately not as white/pale as the woman for the fair shade is.

I wanted to order the fair but now I don't know. *confused*
I'm fairly light too, fair light neutral in tarte rainforest of the sea, fair in LG and light in Doll 10 but could be anything in IT cc+

Oh, Julia is on with IT in the next hour, she is good at asking questions and I'm looking forward to that.

I only turned over to see what the TSV looked like, Alison "beauty expert. :mysmilie_17:" Young looks an absolute disgrace, unkempt greasy looking hair and make-up with a heavy blusher on a very fair skinned face that makes her look awful, so after literally seconds, over the channel goes. I'm surprised QVC customers don't say well if you can't make the effort to look presentable, then I won't make the effort to watch.

There was a post on Facebook saying similar - why should the person lecturing us about beauty turn up on air with her hair looking greasy. Of course, it's been removed. In a later post someone is praising how great her hair looked (eh?) and QVC have commented saying a previous post has been removed, citing the rules that it may cause offence or upset blah blah blah.

It isn't offensive to notice that someone's hair looks greasy. Geez.

Last edited:
Oh, Julia is on with IT in the next hour, she is good at asking questions and I'm looking forward to that.

Yes I just saw her promo, but even more worried about shades now as Julia is also wearing the medium and she's usually two to three shades darker than me! Think that if I do go for this I'll be tangoed or like Casper depending on my ill informed choice.

Last edited:
It seems I am as confused as the rest of you. I wanted to try this TSV but quite honestly all they said between them left me having no idea what shade to order. Ali Young looked ghostly pale and said she was wearing medium! Had she gone totally mad applying the finishing powder or applied flour over it to tone it down? Most of the models looked too heavily made up and mask-like so I think I'm going to give it a miss. They at least need to swatch the shades so people can see them better and make a better decision. I think they are going to get a lot of returns of this TSV and it will be they're own fault.

They have 4 models in this hour - 2 in Medium and 2 in Tan. The two guests and Julia wearing Medium - that's 5 people in Medium and 2 inTan and that's all. What's going on with the other shades???

I've already ordered the CC Creme Blush in Natural Pretty :).

Still unsure about the TSV. Would love to try the CC Cream, but do I need the other things? I really like Tarte's Shape Tape concealer...so maybe IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye will be a waste of money....

Really don't know why almost every guest and model have to wear Medium....would love to see Light.

Latest posts

Back