It Cosmetics TSV 22/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have already watched the light one before and like it very much, but I cannot make up my mind. From the videos you posted, watching the first one with all the swatches, I would go for the "fair", but seeing it applied in the second video, it appears very pale / white, whereas the light one might really be too dark for me (I think the "light" video person would need a lighter shade in the foundation, it seems a little too obvious she wears a foundation and the point is, in my opnion, that you can't notice a person wearing a foundation when she chose the right shade.)

Concerning the shades again: In an other forum, someone said that the "illumination" version of the CC Cream is a little different in the shades and that the "light" there equals the missing colour between fair and light in the regular CC Cream. Can anyone confirm that?

How does Q manage to cock up first time TSVs with lack of/confusing info, poor lighting and even poorer demos - case in point, Jay Manuel! I caught a bit of the TSV earlier and it just seemed so amateurish yet they don't seem to be like that on Q US - there the presenters seem to ask lots of questions, allow the presenters to speak AND have as much info as possible available on screen as well as during the presentation.

Gosh, I haven't watched any of the shows but reading through this thread I feel for those of you who want to buy it - the presentations and explanations sound really poor.

I have already watched the light one before and like it very much, but I cannot make up my mind. From the videos you posted, watching the first one with all the swatches, I would go for the "fair", but seeing it applied in the second video, it appears very pale / white, whereas the light one might really be too dark for me (I think the "light" video person would need a lighter shade in the foundation, it seems a little too obvious she wears a foundation and the point is, in my opnion, that you can't notice a person wearing a foundation when she chose the right shade.)

It depends on the light I think.
The best one IMO was the demo of the Light, where she sat in the sunlight/daylight and this would be the true representation of the shade.

I'm still torn on what to do, I'd almost decided on medium as a tweet from someone who said fairly light in BM and medium perfect match. Then I remembered Julia was in medium and always wears medium tan or tan in BM. I fail to see how IT CC+ in medium can span across the world of difference from fairly light to medium tan!!

I have ordered the Medium although in LG B&B I have the Fair & only the Medium in the Summer.I am using the IT Under Eye concealer & it is Medium.The only problem I may have with the CC Cream is that it will be too yellow for me ( as a lot of American foundations are).If it is I will return (put it on my credit card--so I can try & return before it has to be paid--and hopefully the credit received)

Concerning the shades again: In an other forum, someone said that the "illumination" version of the CC Cream is a little different in the shades and that the "light" there equals the missing colour between fair and light in the regular CC Cream. Can anyone confirm that?
Here are some swatches (fair from the regular CC Cream and light from the llumination one) and the "light" in the other CC version definately looks more like "my" colour; the "fair" equals my concealer, tbh (Helena Rubinstein / Magic Concealer in the lightest shade).

http://kathleenjenningsbeauty.com/it-cosmetics-cc-cream-illumination-review/

Last edited:
I'm still torn on what to do, I'd almost decided on medium as a tweet from someone who said fairly light in BM and medium perfect match. Then I remembered Julia was in medium and always wears medium tan or tan in BM. I fail to see how IT CC+ in medium can span across the world of difference from fairly light to medium tan!!
I am fairly light in BM and would never ever buy a medium shade as that's definately too dark for me. Next time I am in the US I'll go straight into ULTA and try all I want from IT Cosmetics.

I am fairly light in BM and would never ever buy a medium shade as that's definately too dark for me. Next time I am in the US I'll go straight into ULTA and try all I want from IT Cosmetics.

I wish Q could do a sample set of all their foundations so people could try before they buy. Of course in their antediluvian world the different shades let alone the different brands won't be in the same place... Then each would (currently) attract p&p. I took a chance on B&B but wouldn't bother with any other foundation without seeing it on my skin with my own eyes. I also want to feel it on my skin, as that is an important consideration for me.
I've given up totally in my search for an under eye concealer which doesn't magnify the creases and shadows. Looking at today's demonstrations where the models looked younger and more awake in the before pic than afterward, I don't think Bye Bye Under Eye will be the answer.

Is the TSV Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush the same as the one in the holiday brush set? If so I'm out. Maybe I'll buy the CC Creme on it's own after the reviews.

I've made the decision not to buy the TSV now, it's too risky to guess at the shade to order and I could end up wasting two lots of postage and all the faff of waiting ages for a refund, so I think I will stop chasing the Holy Grail of foundation and just buy my usual Boots No 7 foundation again, a lot cheaper and available when I want it with no p&p. I think I woke up with my sensible head on this morning!

I have tried them all and think I have found the holy grail of foundation (well for me anyway) Urban Decay All Nighter. It is quite a thick foundation and you need to use a tiny amount but I put it on at 7am and it stays put all day - even till I cleanse it off at 10pm. They do 24 shades so there is one for everyone!!! If you can get to a store and get matched and ask for a sample it is best as you can get the right one for you. They do it in Debenhams and John Lewis etc.

I watched some more videos on YouTube on Medium and it doesn't look as bad and as yellow as in the studio and I've decided to go for it, fingers crossed.

Fair is limited stock now. I've decided to risk it as I'd like the compact, hope it isn't too dark or yellow.

Everyone tune in )))
Pippa said there will be CC+ shade swatches in this hour, someone asked on Twitter.
Just about time, this is the final presentation after all.

I have tried them all and think I have found the holy grail of foundation (well for me anyway) Urban Decay All Nighter. It is quite a thick foundation and you need to use a tiny amount but I put it on at 7am and it stays put all day - even till I cleanse it off at 10pm. They do 24 shades so there is one for everyone!!! If you can get to a store and get matched and ask for a sample it is best as you can get the right one for you. They do it in Debenhams and John Lewis etc.
Thank you Rosey, but I've decided to stick with my No 7 as it is more my price rangeat £12.50 and there is an offer at the moment in Boots for No 7 - buy one item and get another half price so I'll treat myself to a new lip gloss crayon when I go in tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back