It Cosmetics TSV 22/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They really don't deserve to sell many with the poor explanations they are giving & virtually everyone wearing the same shade. For a first TSV you'd think they'd be really keen to demonstrate the brand properly.

I've bought the TSV in medium and hoping for the best - I'm light or light medium in Tarte depending on time of year, so should be able to wear the at some point in the year.
If the presentation has mis-guided you - i.e. you have chosen your shade because you normally wear the same shade as another presenter, then you can probably get all postage costs returned.
As there aren't many shades available, maybe they are colour correcting ?
Even if the foundation is the wrong shade, the TSV is worth it for the rest of products included.
Maybe if people buy the wrong shades of makeup, there could be a swap section on this forum, for members to swap / buy unwanted shades of qvc products?

I've made the decision not to buy the TSV now, it's too risky to guess at the shade to order and I could end up wasting two lots of postage and all the faff of waiting ages for a refund, so I think I will stop chasing the Holy Grail of foundation and just buy my usual Boots No 7 foundation again, a lot cheaper and available when I want it with no p&p. I think I woke up with my sensible head on this morning!

I've bought the TSV in medium and hoping for the best - I'm light or light medium in Tarte depending on time of year, so should be able to wear the at some point in the year.
If the presentation has mis-guided you - i.e. you have chosen your shade because you normally wear the same shade as another presenter, then you can probably get all postage costs returned.
As there aren't many shades available, maybe they are colour correcting ?
Even if the foundation is the wrong shade, the TSV is worth it for the rest of products included.
Maybe if people buy the wrong shades of makeup, there could be a swap section on this forum, for members to swap / buy unwanted shades of qvc products?

We already have a section

We already have a section

Don't think it's available if you can't get to the drop, is it? I thought upgrading to VIP was no longer possible after the problems last year. Great if that's not the case. Otherwise the swap thread would have to be in the open part of the forum, wouldn't it?

I ordered the CC blusher in Naturally Pretty on advanced order with the possibility to cancel before 20 February.

I've made the decision not to buy the TSV now, it's too risky to guess at the shade to order and I could end up wasting two lots of postage and all the faff of waiting ages for a refund, so I think I will stop chasing the Holy Grail of foundation and just buy my usual Boots No 7 foundation again, a lot cheaper and available when I want it with no p&p. I think I woke up with my sensible head on this morning!

Me too, I thought I would be tempted but have not found it hard to resist with the poor demos and it didn't appeal that much when I saw it in the flesh, I was colour matched by a No7 lady and was very pleased with the foundation I ended up with, buying make up from the telly has lost some of its appeal for me as you never know if you are going to be happy with the shades and I am not convinced some of the products are any better then what you can buy on the high street.

I'm surprised blonde guest said she was a medium in the foundation. I'd have thought the palest Nichole Kidman shade. No way would I buy a dark shade from this range when medium in others. Wouldn't risk it. They must have some seriously strong lights on them to wash them out that much.

Julia just confirmed that they haven't got a model to wear the lightest shade Fair.
What? It's the first ever TSV!

Julia just confirmed that they haven't got a model to wear the lightest shade Fair.
Well, they could have called me to come over.;-)

O.k., no model, but what about showing the product shades directly on arms, hands, etc.?

At the risk of generalising, if they recruited a red-head, surely the would have an acceptable model for the lightest shade.

The only QVC presenter who looks good in this is Kathy Tables. Her groomed look with a sleek Bob is fresh and youthful without being a "mutton" look. I suspect she hasn't put that ghost powder on, mind.

They are shoehorning the TSV into every hour... Shades of desperation? Seems to suggest this is not flying off the shelves the way they probably expected. Shame in a way, because beauty is so samey and repetitive brands, Q are in desperate need of fresh blood. I think this has been mismanaged the same way the Jay Manuel one was... With neither models nor presenters looking good on air.

Latest posts

Back