It Cosmetics TSV 22/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm exactly the same. I feel I am the fair, but everything is telling to buy medium. I'm just worried that will be too dark.
Welcome to the club! What are you going to do? I have seen a video on YouTube concerning the difference fair/light and fair seems kind of grey, whereas the darker light is clearly visible on the person demonstrating it on her face, she had to use a bronzer to get her neck the same colour as her face, although I must say that I like the warmness of the colour itself, it is just too dark. The best would be buying bitj colours and then mixing them, but I refuse to mix.

Companies rarely get very fair shades right, it's a nightmare trying to find one that isn't greyish or makes you look tangoed.

Right! But as I said, YR for example had very light shades and they didn't seem grey at all. Also Clinique has nice light shades, but it was ages ago that I had a foundation from them. I haven't tried yet Bobbi Brown or MAC yet.
I am generally a tinted-moisturiser-girl, or what tinted moisturisers are called nowadays, BB / CC creams, whatever. Or I only moisturise and then put some powder on an am ready to go (with SPF, of course).

Where are you all viewing the shades?

As I have fair I could tell you if it's a true reflection.

But it's not at all greyish. As I said before I like fair with a yellow tinge. I would call it fair neutral, but if it vears to any one way, it's def yellow/warm rather than pink/cool.

You can see the shades either on the IT website or on Youtube in the videos or maybe want to have a look here

I read they are working on expanding the colour range...The colours you posted are the ones from the concealer (I realised that e.g. the medium colour is far more lighter than one yould think, if one looks at tahe presentation videos either on QVC or on YouTube), the ones from the CC Cream etc. are different (at least that is what I read), they follow a different colour scheme. When watching the videos on QVC UK, you can see that the light shade from the concealer is nearly white. On the other hand, when watching via YouTube the application of the CC Cream in fair, it seems to be slightly grey on the face....

Here is some more information about the different shades: http://www.ulta.com/shade-finders/it-cosmetics-foundation-finder/?source=native

Here the shades seem to be kind of dark: https://www.beautylish.com/s/it-cosmetics-your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50-fair

But it's not at all greyish. As I said before I like fair with a yellow tinge. I would call it fair neutral, but if it vears to any one way, it's def yellow/warm rather than pink/cool.

THANK YOU! You made my day!!!! I am going to order the fair then.:)

Where are you all viewing the shades?

As I have fair I could tell you if it's a true reflection.

Found 4 swatches, below

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-GHgGAbgOlbU/U...T%2520COSMETICS%2520YSBB%2520CC%2520CREAM.png

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-ijK2oaM5Y1o/U...0SKIN%2520BUT%2520BETTER%2520CC%2520CREAM.png

Light seems a bit darker than Medium?

I hate all the hassle of choosing a foundation shade.......happens every time! I spend ages googling shades and you tube videos to get a better idea and still dither when it comes to ordering.

The light cc cream isn't pink at all, in fact it's very yellow and will be too dark for anyone lighter than NC20, well in my opinion anyway. I put mine on this morning and had decided to go for the fair because it's a bit too dark but now I've changed my mind again! It doesn't oxidise during the day and blends in well with my skin tone once I've warmed my neck up a bit.

I've also seen on IT cosmetics Facebook page that if you go for the FAIR shade the concealer will be in the light shade and I most definitely don't want that because it looks white!!! The light and medium cc will come with the medium concealer which most use, even the palest of the pale on you tube videos???

Good luck to everyone ordering theirs tonight lol. I know the easiest option would be to order the FAIR and the LIGHT but I really can't be bothered wasting any more money in P & P costs so will probably go for the light.

I hate all the hassle of choosing a foundation shade.......happens every time! I spend ages googling shades and you tube videos to get a better idea and still dither when it comes to ordering.
The same goes for me.

I've also seen on IT cosmetics Facebook page that if you go for the FAIR shade the concealer will be in the light shade and I most definitely don't want that because it looks white!!! The light and medium cc will come with the medium concealer which most use, even the palest of the pale on you tube videos???
I didn't know which concealer shade comes with which cream chade, but the light shade of the concealer, really???? They always say in the presentations that you should only choose that if your are r e a l l y r e a l l y pale because the product is really light, nearly or really (?) white, according to my computer. They always recommend the medium shade because it goes for a variety of ski tones from fair/light to medium. Strange. And now? To be honest, I don't want to look like an owl, having used the light concealer... ;-)

Last edited:
I've swatched my foundations at home and checked against the earlier swatches posted on this thread, and it seems that the shade I'm currently using is the closest to CC+ in the Medium and I think I'm going to go for the Medium IT CC +.
I have Doll 10 Hydragel in the Fair and it seems almost exact match to IT CC + Fair if this is of any help.

That's a good idea! :) I did the same and colourwise my foundation shades are also tending more towards the medium shade, but that is strange because the colours that I have are definately very light / fair ones. I also think (someone already mentioned it before) that maybe the colours are in a wrong order. Would make more sense to have fair / medium / light /etc. because the light seems somewhat darker than the medium shade. Or is it just my computer?

That's a good idea! :) I did the same and colourwise my foundation shades are also tending more towards the medium shade, but that is strange because the colours that I have are definately very light / fair ones. I also think (someone already mentioned it before) that maybe the colours are in a wrong order. Would make more sense to have fair / medium / light /etc. because the light seems somewhat darker than the medium shade. Or is it just my computer?

It's the same on my computer Ani, I'm going to wait until the live presentations to see what's what and to see the CC + blusher as well.

I'm going for it in medium. I have oily skin, so hope it doesn't end up too shiny, I guess that's what the powder's for! If you apply as little as they say I don't see how it can provide full SPF 50 though.

It's the same on my computer Ani, I'm going to wait until the live presentations to see what's what and to see the CC + blusher as well.
Can you please post your opinion on here? I can only watch the shows via streaming on my computer, so I don't know if Iget the real differences at all.

Latest posts

Back