Is Jill Franks Pregnant?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I never

I remember last week when Jill was on with kirk folly woman she said that recently wore one of her rings when out celebrating with her husband.. kirk folly women asked what were you celebrating she said oh i cant say its personal then went all embarrassed said she would tell her after the show...:wait:

Yes your so right I caught that, :nod: oh knock me down with a feather :blush: I'd read this thread and their conversation never came to mind. :confused:

Ah well good luck to her if she is! Alot of women are leaving it til later these days, I worked with a girl who had her first at 35, the next at 37 and then her last at 41. She was very much career minded and then her and her husband decided it was now or never!

I'm very much of that ilk as well, its taken me a long time to get to where I am career wise and I still want to move up in my career before I consider children (personal preference only) so it will be late 30's for me at the earliest I think!

I have been really shocked by some of the misconceptions (if you will pardon the pun!) on this thread about fertility. Even if I hadn't have been a nurse/midwife I would still, as a woman, have been interested enough in my own body to read up about ovulation etc. It would have been a lot easier for the fertility experts out there to sort infertile couples out, if it were true you only have a period if you ovulate- as it is, most women happily have periods for years and only find out they AREN'T ovulating (or whatever else their problem is-I could get pregnant pretty easily but had many miscarriages) when they try to have a child.

quick quote:
Normal menstrual bleeding in the ovulatory cycle is understood as a result of a decline in progesterone due to the demise of the corpus luteum. It is thus a progesterone withdrawal bleeding. As there is no progesterone in the anovulatory cycle, bleeding is caused by the inability of oestrogen - that needs to be present to stimulate the endometrium in the first place - to support a growing endometrium. Anovulatory bleeding is hence termed oestrogen breakthrough bleeding.

I remember last week when Jill was on with kirk folly woman she said that recently wore one of her rings when out celebrating with her husband.. kirk folly women asked what were you celebrating she said oh i cant say its personal then went all embarrassed said she would tell her after the show...:wait:

congratulations Jill!
:mysmilie_17:

quick quote:
Normal menstrual bleeding in the ovulatory cycle is understood as a result of a decline in progesterone due to the demise of the corpus luteum. It is thus a progesterone withdrawal bleeding. As there is no progesterone in the anovulatory cycle, bleeding is caused by the inability of oestrogen - that needs to be present to stimulate the endometrium in the first place - to support a growing endometrium. Anovulatory bleeding is hence termed oestrogen breakthrough bleeding.
I think Burlz has fainted now.
mysmilie_61.gif

Let's really freak out Burlz: did anyone see One Born Every Minute?? :) I'm pregnant with my third, I'm wondering whether to have a water birth this time, it looks so relaxed.

Let's really freak out Burlz: did anyone see One Born Every Minute?? :) I'm pregnant with my third, I'm wondering whether to have a water birth this time, it looks so relaxed.

I just love that programme. It's portrays labour wards perfectly, lots and lots of waiting around with not much happening. What's so funny are the stupid statements the partners come out with and the woman's facial expressions. I remember my other half going to the KFC at one point because he was hungry! Unless they're going to be supportive they might as well not be there.

I'm usually quite "laid back" about threads on presenters' personal circumstances but I do feel uncomfortable with this one.

Jill is mid 40's, doesn't have children and we don't know whether by choice or medical. If the latter I wouldn't want her to read this speculation and be hurt by it. I'm older than Jill and babies "didn't happen" for me either and I know all about the curiosity of family, friends and work colleagues.

Linda xx

I'm usually quite "laid back" about threads on presenters' personal circumstances but I do feel uncomfortable with this one.

Jill is mid 40's, doesn't have children and we don't know whether by choice or medical. If the latter I wouldn't want her to read this speculation and be hurt by it. I'm older than Jill and babies "didn't happen" for me either and I know all about the curiosity of family, friends and work colleagues.

Linda xx

I'm 38 and it is my choice that I didn't and won't have any babies but even so the nosiness and pronouncements of some people is very annoying. To be upset to start with and have to deal with it must be dreadful.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I don't understand what all the negativity is about, some people are judging her very harshly buy why I don't know. Should Jill be pregnant then I say a wholehearted congratulations to her, same as I thought anybody would to an expectant mummy. There are some pretty mean comments on here I feel. "If" it is applicable then huge congrats to Jill ang hubby.

I'm 45, don't have children, but did have a stillbirth years ago, so I'm used to all sorts of speculation about why children are not in my life. I would love to have kids, but it obviously isn't going to happen, not because of my 'advanced' age, but because of terminal ovarian cancer. I don't get upset about what people say to me, since I presume that most women my age have children/child, and therefore, it's bound to be a subject that crops up now and again. What does upset and offend me, however, is the fact that women with a gynae illness, including certain cancers, frequently find themselves in maternity departments waiting for scans and other tests, and to me, this is a monumentally distressing thing to go through. Just last week, due to my latest surgery taking place in a non-cancer hospital, I was waiting for hours in maternity ultrasound for one of my tests; and I was surrounded by heavily pregnant women, most of whom were chatting to each other about their pregnancies, and occasionally asking me about mine. The resulting embarrassment on both sides - theirs because they didn't know what to say - mine because I hated bringing any level of upset to them at a time when they should be looking forward to a future with a (hopefully) happy and healthy child. It's terribly insensitive to put sick women into these situations, and if they are in any way prone to depression and anguish about their situation, it really could send them over the edge. I'll be very glad to get back to the cancer wards where we keep each other going with the blackest humour imaginable, and are united in our camararderie in our shared circumstances.

Puss, I really feel for you over this. I hope it doesn't happen theses days but 40+ years ago, when I was having my babies, women who had miscarried or had a stillbirth, were routinely put on maternity wards to recover where they could watch new mothers cooing over their babies. It was a damned disgrace.

Puss, I really feel for you over this. I hope it doesn't happen theses days but 40+ years ago, when I was having my babies, women who had miscarried or had a stillbirth, were routinely put on maternity wards to recover where they could watch new mothers cooing over their babies. It was a damned disgrace.

Sad to say, it does still happen, Artemis. I have a friend who miscarried 4 years ago, and she was dealt with in the maternity department, and was, frankly, just as traumatised by that as by the miscarriage itself. It really is grossly insensitive. I had hoped that things would be different since my experience 24 years ago, but was saddened to hear that it is still occurring.

Sad to say, it does still happen, Artemis. I have a friend who miscarried 4 years ago, and she was dealt with in the maternity department, and was, frankly, just as traumatised by that as by the miscarriage itself. It really is grossly insensitive. I had hoped that things would be different since my experience 24 years ago, but was saddened to hear that it is still occurring.

I am very saddened to hear it.:sad:

I totally empathise with your comments iclaudipuss. I sadly lost three babies consecutively by miscarriage and on each occasion I required surgery. I can remember lying in the ward grieving for my lost baby whilst the person on the other side of the curtain was happily making plans having just been told the sex of theirs. Then last December mother nature played another cruel trick and had me admitted for an emergency hysterectomy type operation, prior to the op I had to have various checks so was put in the waiting room but I was accompanied by all the pregnant mums awaiting their scan appts. Sometimes I seriously question whether logic, sensitivity and sentiment comes to mind when hospitals are planned or whether it is just a simple case of funds and just having to utilise the same equipment regardless of individuals situations. The ole you are just a number scenario.

Whilst I am devestated at 42 that I cannot ever have any children I still wish every "mummy to be" well. Life is very cruel and it takes the best of me to cope some days but I, like others, will get there, we have no choice but to.

I am collecting a puppy on Friday and will pour all my love into him, he can be my substitute baby, albeit a furry one :eek:)

I am collecting a puppy on Friday and will pour all my love into him, he can be my substitute baby, albeit a furry one :eek:)

Furry babies are fabulous and will love and need you forever...... hope your puppy brings joy.

Latest posts

Back