Is Jill Franks Pregnant?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my gran had her last baby at 45, I thought that as long you are having periods you have a chance of concieving, yes fertility declines as we age and does really dip in your 40's but pregnancy can and does happen.

Yes, agree. I had one at 43. Dangerous talk to say your chances are very low after 40.
Not my words, that's what the docs say (apparently particularly the case if you have never had children when you get into 40s). I think it's a balancing act. I hate it when people try and scare women into having babies when they're not ready becasue they think they won't be able to have them later in life, but equally women do need to know that fertility halves after the age of 35 and then halves again in your 40s. Many women end up dissapointed and/or spending thousands of pounds on fertility treatments. Govt cut backs mean some areas are saying they will withdraw free IVF cycles too.

Obvioulsy you should use contraception as long as you have periods, as you don't know when menopause will hit, but I think it's more dangerous to reassure women they will be able to get pregnant in their 40s when it may not be the case.

Re the whether you can get pregnant as long as you are having periods qiestion, apparently the ability to become pregnant stops 5-10 years before periods stop.

Last edited:
Jill is looking well at the moment,her face is slightly fuller, if thats down to a pregnancy and she and hubby are happy and Jill's health is good then congratulations. Of course it could just be down to a really good Chrissy eat and drink marathon? Rachael Zoe, size zero american stylist, is pregnant with a son at the moment - she was pictured on the red carpet last week and she looked lovely - her face had filled out slighty and she just looked so healthy and beautiful so much different to her usual gaunt appearance. A little bit of weight is a good thing on a female.

Fertility doctors tell you once you get into your 40s that the chances of getting pregnant using your own eggs are practically nil. There are always exceptions, but usually pregnancies in 40s are assisted.

Sorry thats absolute twaddle. My husband was born to a Mother aged 43 years of age & I have a number of friends all who have had babies in their forties, the latest being aged 49 !

Not my words, that's what the docs say (apparently particularly the case if you have never had children when you get into 40s). I think it's a balancing act. I hate it when people try and scare women into having babies when they're not ready becasue they think they won't be able to have them later in life, but equally women do need to know that fertility halves after the age of 35 and then halves again in your 40s. Many women end up dissapointed and/or spending thousands of pounds on fertility treatments. Govt cut backs mean some areas are saying they will withdraw free IVF cycles too.

Obvioulsy you should use contraception as long as you have periods, as you don't know when menopause will hit, but I think it's more dangerous to reassure women they will be able to get pregnant in their 40s when it may not be the case.

Re the whether you can get pregnant as long as you are having periods qiestion, apparently the ability to become pregnant stops 5-10 years before periods stop.

re the last para WHAT UTTER RUBBISH if you are having periods, you are ovulating therefore there is every chance you may get pregnant!

:wait:

You may not be ovulating but still have regular periods.

:clock:

:flower:

girls.... youre makin' me feel a bit icky-pooh now. eggs 'n stuff... huuuuup!

back to jill....

CONGRATULATIONS JILL!
:mysmilie_844:

girls.... youre makin' me feel a bit icky-pooh now. eggs 'n stuff... huuuuup!

back to jill....

CONGRATULATIONS JILL!
:mysmilie_844:

Get the sick bowl for the Bear.
We have only just started. :cheeky:

:tongue:

Many women have periods but never ever concieve. Even those over the counter fertility kits can tell you that some months you don't concieve- sudden drop or rise in temp (can't remember which despite the fact I used to be a Midwife! Post-cancer memory loss!) can signify whether you have ovulated, whilst the test picks up hormone levels. Some women only ever ovulate from 1 ovary, so may ovulate every other months or whatever-do you need the sick-bowl yet Burls lol!

When I was a Midwife back in the 80's I delivered loads of babies concieved naturally by mums iin their 40's. I know that stats are against you as you get older, and women should be aware of that, however sweeping statements like those of White Russian just aren't accurate.

And I join in the congrats-IF it's true-to Jill and her hubby.

I doubt very much that she is pregnant......................looks the sort that would faint at the sight of a dirty nappy. Just don't think she is the mothering kind, I think she is happy with just the hubby and the dogs.

If she's pregnant, which I seriously doubt, I do hope she decides to be a stay at home mum, then perhaps they could get someone with even the teensiest grip on the English language to replace her. And someone who won't respond to a t-caller's words about her daughter's death from cancer in an insensitive and, in fact, outrageous way. Now to my mind, that was something requiring disciplinary action, and I sincerely hope she was hauled over the coals for it. Where's Ali Young's right hook when it's really needed?

These aren't my "sweeping statements", this is what fertility doctors tell you! Having periods does not necessarily mean you can pregnant, you have periods on the pill after all. My friend went through fertility treatments in her eary 30s and was told everything I've said by the consultants.

These aren't my "sweeping statements", this is what fertility doctors tell you! Having periods does not necessarily mean you can pregnant, you have periods on the pill after all. My friend went through fertility treatments in her eary 30s and was told everything I've said by the consultants.

well obviously different "fertility" doctors are saying completely different things then:bow:

The reason you have periods on the combined pill is because you have what is called a breakthrough bleed because you don't take it for 7 days. As long as you take the pill properly you don't ovulate so therefore can't get pregnant.

On the everyday pill it should eventually stop you bleeding altogether as long as you take it around the same time every day.

You have to ovulate to have periods. No ovulation no period. And whilst you ovulate you will get pregnant whether you are 16 or 60 !

Well it's reassuring for women in their 40s wanting to have children that the consultant's advice she received isn't correct. I'm certainly in no position to comment on the medical accuracy of his advice. All I do know for a fact is that having periods doesn't necessarily mean you can get pregnant. Any doctor will tell you that.

The reason you have periods on the combined pill is because you have what is called a breakthrough bleed because you don't take it for 7 days. As long as you take the pill properly you don't ovulate so therefore can't get pregnant.

On the everyday pill it should eventually stop you bleeding altogether as long as you take it around the same time every day.

You have to ovulate to have periods. No ovulation no period. And whilst you ovulate you will get pregnant whether you are 16 or 60 !

:wait:

I can ensure you, from personal experience in the past, you can and have had regular periods but you may not ovulate.

I don't want someone wishing to become pregnant wrongly thinking because she is having and always had regular periods that all is well with her ovulation.
Then thinking her lack of failing to become pregnant could well be more likely be due to a low sperm count of her partner, which could be the case but not a true given because of her having regular periods.

:flower:

Well it's reassuring for women in their 40s wanting to have children that the consultant's advice she received isn't correct. I'm certainly in no position to comment on the medical accuracy of his advice. All I do know for a fact is that having periods doesn't necessarily mean you can get pregnant. Any doctor will tell you that.[/QUOTE]

Or an ex nurse who's had in the past regular periods but still required fertility treatment to ensure ovulation.

:glass:

I remember last week when Jill was on with kirk folly woman she said that recently wore one of her rings when out celebrating with her husband.. kirk folly women asked what were you celebrating she said oh i cant say its personal then went all embarrassed said she would tell her after the show...:wait:

Latest posts

Back