Is everyone else as bored as I am?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
From someone who once could have made Q shopping into an Olympic sport I would now rather watch paint dry than watch Q, it would be soooo much more interesting!

Even though I am not interested in beauty products I can see that it is the same old same old over and over again on a weekly basis so surely even the most devoted beauty product buyer must be bored out of their skull?

I'm not entirely sure just what they have dropped from the schedules to allow for the unending Christmas tat which seems to on every other hour, as Elemis, Gatineau, Decleor etc seem to be on as often as ever.

Jewellery seems to be LRose or even worse Eek, and more Eek.

Yong Kim and together seem to have taken over the "fashion" hours.

And surely everyone in the U.K. Who wants Kipling bags has them by now, hour after bleeding hour or those b****y monkeys

Rant over - Off now for a Marmite sanie.

The clothing ranges all seem to be selling the same sorts of things at extortionate prices under different names.

Which also sums up the beauty ranges, too.

There doesn't seem to be anything "new" or different". Is all just bland plastic tents calling themselves "layering pieces", and each costing a small fortune to purchase.

I am bored beyond belief with qvc, evertime I switch on in the past few days the unwatchable CR is on, doing his stomach churning spiel. I wish I knew why I can't take to him, I rush for the off button as soon as I see /hear him.

I am bored beyond belief with qvc, evertime I switch on in the past few days the unwatchable CR is on, doing his stomach churning spiel. I wish I knew why I can't take to him, I rush for the off button as soon as I see /hear him.

It was fairly easy to see why none of us could stand Sara G but there are some presenters who just rub us up the wrong way.

Now I can't abide Chuntley but Clare Sutton and Craig, whilst I wouldn't be joining their fan club, don't annoy me all that much.

Sometimes an accent ( there is one stylist I just hate every word she says) or a gesture (Del Boys pointy figure) is all it takes whilst others don't see it at all.

Oh yes, so bored of it all - Christmas trees up in the studio in October is not for me. Christmas gifting, etc, boring. It is a lovey sunny day here and I can assure QVC, Christmas is not on my mind at all.

You can add me to the bored list too. If the eye watering prices weren't enough to put you off, the same 17 products and far too early Christmas will finish it off.

I rarely even dip onto QVC now haven't watch a full show in ages. I flick on when channel hops in ad breaks. The beauty channel just seems to have same rotation everyday. I get Tarte in the guide and its actually It Cosmetcs, or Gatineau, Elems or Liz Earle.

Some TSVs I am interested but order and don't even watch the presentation.

I honestly can`t remember the last time I watched a full show or even ordered anything. It`s all the same old, same old, high p and p, ridiculous prices and boring baggy fashion. I`m not a beauty fanatic so that eliminates me from a large percentage of their shows anyway.
The presenters need to be changed for some new blood and their buyers need to get out there and find something we`d be interested in buying.
Overpriced foodstuffs, imitation diamond jewellery, umpteen face creams, lotions and potions, baggy tops and even baggier dresses, overpriced kitchen and homeware and outdated so called hi tech devices simply don`t cut it for me.
Don`t get me started on the Christmas in July or gifting in October spiel !

Haven't watched QVC in a while and haven't bought anything for 3 months, only 3 purchases this year. I may buy the L'Occitane Christmas TSV as my sister is a devotee but that will be the only gift I buy from them. I have bought my daughter a Molton Brown perfume and some Yankee Candles from an outlet shopping centre and a Beauty Box from 'Latest in Beauty'. I just cannot bear to sit and listen to the QVC drivel spouted by their so called presenters nowadays and I have been with them from the very beginning, they used to be entertaining but yes now soooo boring!

For me, the fun of shopping is finding bargains, and coming across unexpected stuff that I know I'd love, or that I know would make a great gift for someone else.

But now QVC is so predictable. There's no choice, it's all overpriced stuff we've seen a billion times before. And after you've factored in postage you realise you're far better off chancing "the dreaded high street" or an outlet village if you can't find what you want online with free shipping.

Jewellery of all descriptions and price ranges is my weakness which is probably why it appealed so much years ago. The last full show I watched was Honora but didn't buy anything.

I now get my "fix" from eBay!

Julia who when said and done is the best of the lot said today that a Kipling see through plastic pocket thingy was a good present at £19.89 if you wanted to spend £20 on a gift for someone who always wanted something from Kipling(?) Well actually Miss J when you add £2.95 postage on to it you would have been a lot more accurate to say if your price range was about £25 .........

We all know that the make a lot of their profit on the P&p but we also know that a fairer structure would shift a lot more items so it seems a very short sighted approach.

For me, the fun of shopping is finding bargains, and coming across unexpected stuff that I know I'd love, or that I know would make a great gift for someone else.

But now QVC is so predictable. There's no choice, it's all overpriced stuff we've seen a billion times before. And after you've factored in postage you realise you're far better off chancing "the dreaded high street" or an outlet village if you can't find what you want online with free shipping.
I like the dreaded high street and will be doing a lot of my Christmas shopping in Scotland as am having a break a few weeks before Christmas. Not sure what my wife will be buying but my focus will be on whisky :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61:

The Christmas jingle is driving me to distraction at the moment. Surely they are not going to keep this up until the day.

I like the dreaded high street and will be doing a lot of my Christmas shopping in Scotland as am having a break a few weeks before Christmas. Not sure what my wife will be buying but my focus will be on whisky :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61:

Oh, I'm jealous!! I love Edinburgh, and have wasted loads of hours (and days) window shopping (and real shopping, when I was richer lol) there. And Glasgow, too!

I soooooo agree about the Kipling bags. I bought loads in the early days when the designs and colours were so much brighter. Now they are almost identical in style with the most miserable of colour palettes.

I caught sight of Craig 'performing' in the Kitchen Aid hour, oh God he was in overdrive with those ****** arms waving about. He couldn't keep still when describing the 4 easy pays. He must have been top of the class at the Presenters Workshop where they all learn their trade.

I see now they are advertising a 'Live' hour on a sub-channel for fashion every day. With that and pushing the TSV constantly every hour, I suspect these are struggling times for QVC.

The stylist on with Julia on the attitudes by Rene show is doing my head in

I did have to laugh when she was rabbiting on about " packing for a client who was going filming" when Julia asked if she would be recommending ABR - the stylist nearly wet herself and spluttered "no!" Julia recovered by saying perhaps she should.

It made me wonder who the client was and what would she think about her "packer" doing nylon tops on selly telly.

Oh, I'm jealous!! I love Edinburgh, and have wasted loads of hours (and days) window shopping (and real shopping, when I was richer lol) there. And Glasgow, too!
Bit further north for me, into the heart of distillery country and of course over to Skye for an extended visit to Talisker distillery and then a few days in Fort William....

Latest posts

Back