In The Salon with Alison TSV - 23/06/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So Emu Oil is actually from Emus? I bought some new skin stuff at Boots yesterday (Good Things) which is mineral oil & paraben free and when I googled it came across a beauty blogger who said she wanted to go more natural and praised Emu oil. It didn't even occur to me that someone who wanted to use natural products wouldn't mind things derived from animals....

I have noticed with the change of packaging the amount of product in each item has diminished - use to get 250 mls in the glass bottles! Not really such a good buy nowadays.

Thanks Donna, wikipedia was my first port of call (I feel ashamed after all the "Wiki is NOT a quotable source" scribbles I left on plenty of students' papers) - not for me I think. Things like that were ok back in the day when they were natural resources for small populations living in a certain area but in the days of mass production with other resources available I really think it's worth trying to avoid exploiting wildlife in that way.

The emu was not initially killed primarily for it's oil, but it is a by-product and an extremely profitable one for the emu farmers. Emu oil has now become so widely used that, even if they were not slaughtered for their flesh, they would be to obtain the oil. It is not something I would use because of the suffering of the emus when they are killed for their meat.

Oh great Alison's anniversary and guests are bringing her presents, just seen PK guest hand her two big bags of goodies. Lovely, she gets freebies at best of times as it is and we have to pay!!! :rolleyes:

Noticed she introduced the show in her normal patronising manner :yawn: ...giving us the benefits of experts such as herself......telling us what is on trend and what isn't.......allowing us to know what goes on behind closed doors :wonder: The usual cr*p :wink:

Had a quick look at the TSV video and Margaret keeps on about its organic and natural(so are the Emus all dying of natural causes then?), its anti aging too you know.

I've got more important things to be concerned with than the soles of my feet looking old.:giggle::giggle:

Hi, I'm new here although I've lurked for a while reading all the comments :happy:

I can't help wondering why they've not selected something a bit more special for this supposed "special" anniversary of Alison's. Something from one of the larger brands perhaps or a new product launch. Foot care stuff doesn't exactly grab you does it?

Latest posts

Back