In The Kitchen feat Ninja TSV 02/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am quite interested in buying a nutri bullet or similar but am terrible at using things initially then they just end of gathering dust. I love veg and can eat platefuls but very rarely have fruit and think it may be a good way of getting them into my diet. I need to really make a lifestyle change and use it daily if l buy one. I really do want to shift some of my weight this year but l want to eat healthily to balance my mind too. I know l do feel so much better mentally when l eat good nutritious food and cut out all the crisps/chocs etc.

W S I am the opposite of you. I eat at least my 5 a day everyday of fruit but find veg very difficult. I have to disguise the taste which often defeats the purpose.

However this past 6 months I have found that roasting veg gives them a far different taste and although it is a bit of a pain I have attempted to do this most days. I have also found that it has changed my taste buds/mind set and I am gradually finding myself able to eat them steamed at least every other time.

I'm not crazy about juices/smoothies anyway as I like my food to be solid!!

I ordered the silver and it was dispatched yesterday. We have a morphy Richards blender and it's great and a breeze to clean but you have to peel stuff before you use it.
I'm terrible, don't eat fruit or veg so juicing oranges, grapefruit and pineapple is one way I have been getting some fresh juice.
I thought the TSV would be better because I won't have to peel stuff, it can crush ice ( thinking gin here) and I will venture into other fruits if I don't have to peel them. Still won't be able to cope with banana though so I guess smoothies will be out.

I might even really test myself and try some greens in it as long as I can disguise the taste

If owning one of these things made me as hyperactive as Miceal appeared to be while presenting it, I'd steer well clear!

I ordered the silver and it was dispatched yesterday. We have a morphy Richards blender and it's great and a breeze to clean but you have to peel stuff before you use it.
I'm terrible, don't eat fruit or veg so juicing oranges, grapefruit and pineapple is one way I have been getting some fresh juice.
I thought the TSV would be better because I won't have to peel stuff, it can crush ice ( thinking gin here) and I will venture into other fruits if I don't have to peel them. Still won't be able to cope with banana though so I guess smoothies will be out.

I might even really test myself and try some greens in it as long as I can disguise the taste

Please let us know how you get on with it. Also, whether you agree (or not) with any of my comments above.

Mine has arrived at my sister's workplace but after reading Strato's comments about the IQ version I'm wondering if I should have gone for that as it's about £80 at Currys. Do I return this without using it and only pay return postage? If the noise and the time spent pressing it down puts me off using it then paying a bit more for the better model and using it more frequently would make sense.

Mine has arrived at my sister's workplace but after reading Strato's comments about the IQ version I'm wondering if I should have gone for that as it's about £80 at Currys. Do I return this without using it and only pay return postage? If the noise and the time spent pressing it down puts me off using it then paying a bit more for the better model and using it more frequently would make sense.

I'd give it a go BB. Personally I don't find it a hassle holding the cup down and you soon get used to the noise IMO.

You may as well try it, that is about the only advantage of QVC. And if you find it difficult, you may even get them to collect it as faulty.

I use it for 3 minutes to try and blitz all the pips eg blackberries, but even then, they are still mainly there.

STRATO'S TIP OF THE DAY

Whenever you unpack anything, make careful notes about how it is packed, even sketches if necessary.

I also write on the inside of the packaging in pencil, eg an arrow pointing at something and saying "large cup here with silicone band inside it, underneath this bit of cardboard".

This item is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to repack, I had to do it myself, but luckily had done as above.

Apart from returning it, this is useful if you ever move house, as I keep the boxes for delicate items.

Well it arrived at tea time, impressed with delivery, I didn't order until The evening.
I was going to try it tonight but after I had cooked tea and hubby had made soup I could face another round in the kitchen.
Tomorrow breakfast will be orange, boring but I will compare with my Morphy Richards one.
Then it's off to tesco of or apples, grapes, more oranges, grapefruit and pineapple.
Tell you what though, the drinking cups are huge!
I always drink what I juice straight away. I think I will be taking it into work to drink

I only use the two large cups. The next one down hasn't been any use at all so far. And this latest TSV had an even smaller one as an extra cup.

Well I've tried it.
I did something silly though, I questioned myself as I was doing but they said just chop up your fruit, leave the skin on so I did. Stupid thing. I knew orange and grapefruit skin would be foul! So, first attempt went down the drain. I peeled my fruit and chopped it up, gave it a whizzy whizz and had a very thick drink. Added a bit more water and gave it another quick whizz, popped a lid on and took it to work with me.

The machine was easy to clean, done in seconds and I found it easy to press the cup down so I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Lidl will be selling their version from Monday 18th January.

£29-99, 700watt, 2 cups including large 700ml. The leaflet said it would crush ice.

It also has a second blade assembly for dry ingredients eg grinding coffee.

Lidl will be selling their version from Monday 18th January.

£29-99, 700watt, 2 cups including large 700ml. The leaflet said it would crush ice.

It also has a second blade assembly for dry ingredients eg grinding coffee.

Good spot, stratobuddy. I picked up their leaflet today and it was about to go in the recycling but I've retrieved it. Does it look a good buy to you? It's not as powerful as the recent TSV and you don't get all the extra cups and lids but £30 seems an ok price?

2.jpg

Has anyone any experience of electricals from Lidl?

\http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=30092&ar=2

Good spot, stratobuddy. I picked up their leaflet today and it was about to go in the recycling but I've retrieved it. Does it look a good buy to you? It's not as powerful as the recent TSV and you don't get all the extra cups and lids but £30 seems an ok price?

View attachment 11058

Has anyone any experience of electricals from Lidl?

\http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=30092&ar=2

One of the reasons I bought the Ninja was it's ability to crush ice (hence the 900w) but I don't think I'd be confident doing ice in the Aldi version as it's only 700w.
I could be wrong though, it might be fantastic.

One of the reasons I bought the Ninja was it's ability to crush ice (hence the 900w) but I don't think I'd be confident doing ice in the Aldi version as it's only 700w.
I could be wrong though, it might be fantastic.

The Nutribullet is only 600w and blasts through ice, so this should (the Lidl or Aldi) one should be ok too. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they're made by the same people because like with anything it's the name you pay for making things dearer.

Latest posts

Back