I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
I try to keep up with Covid19 rules but sometimes it can be confusing. Recently Debbie Flint posted a photo of her hairdo. She said it was thanks to Rachael in makeup. So is that right, do people who appear on television get to have their hair and makeup done? This is a genuine question since I am sure rules would not be broken so openly. Sometimes it’s hard to know if some things are allowed.

I was under the impression that you couldn’t have your hair done yet because we still all have to social distance, they’re doing it on air because they know not to would be breaking the rules. But let’s be honest this is QVC who play by their own rules, breaking them as and when they wish.

I try to keep up with Covid19 rules but sometimes it can be confusing. Recently Debbie Flint posted a photo of her hairdo. She said it was thanks to Rachael in makeup. So is that right, do people who appear on television get to have their hair and makeup done? This is a genuine question since I am sure rules would not be broken so openly. Sometimes it’s hard to know if some things are allowed.
Where was it posted?

If it's possible to comment I'd be asking how long Rachael's arms are to enable her to do hair without breaking the rules.

Well, it does seem odd, because when you see news readers on the news channels, most of them are in good need of a haircut, and I think most of them do their own make-up - even the men ! so it does sound as though they are breaching the rules !

You're not the only one confused, as Covid rules seem to be bent or broken at will. You social distance - end of ! Yet looking at the protesting crowds at the vigil of that poor tragic young woman, I heard the vigil event had been cancelled, so why did people think it was ok to turn up ? The rest of us cant have anymore than 30 people at a wedding or funeral, yet others seem to think its alright to congregate in large numbers to protest, and there clearly wasn't any social distancing as they stood cheek by jowl. Well, if another lockdown comes later in the year, its these people who'll be screaming 'why' ?

Where was it posted?

If it's possible to comment I'd be asking how long Rachael's arms are to enable her to do hair without breaking the rules.
It was in her most recent QVC blog.

Another triumph for Rachael in make-up and the Dyson Airwrap. I have found the most perfect spray to use with it, though. The Philip Kingsley Perfect Prep Primer, which is sometimes in stock on our website here, and it really makes the style last, I love it!

She has also posted a photo on her Instagram of her and her mum on Mother’s Day. They are very close together. She has clearly said she is in a bubble with her son’s family. The rules in England now allow you to meet one person outside, sit on a bench and have a coffee. Do they allow a cuddle? Anyway, her photo was in my opinion taken inside. There seems to be a box in the background. Obviously I am most probably wrong.

I was on the bus (for a necessary journey) on Friday.

Everyone has to wear masks, and sit on alternate rows of seats, so people are spaced 2 rows apart.

I was upstairs, and noticed a couple get on, fully masked.

Then they came upstairs and sat in the NEXT row of seats to me, even though every other seat was empty!

They then promptly took of their masks, and began jabbering non-stop to each other.

I was going to say something to them, but all their jabbering was in a foreign language (it sounded eastern European to me) so I didn't, because of possible language difficulties.

Obviously they had no understanding about WHY we had to wear masks, but just put them on for a few seconds so that the driver would let them on the bus.

I loathe this bumptious woman, her 'sneaky peek' irritates me beyond description & as for that smug face looming out of every photo... :mad:

Everyone has to wear masks, and sit on alternate rows of seats, so people are spaced 2 rows apart.

Then they came upstairs and sat in the NEXT row of seats to me, even though every other seat was empty!

They then promptly took of their masks, and began jabbering non-stop to each other.

I was going to say something to them, but all their jabbering was in a foreign language (it sounded eastern European to me) so I didn't, because of possible language difficulties.

Obviously they had no understanding about WHY we had to wear masks, but just put them on for a few seconds so that the driver would let them on the bus.
We've had the year from Hell & the limitations on our lives will continue for quite some time so I don't care how many people I upset when I point out they're not following the rules I've stuck to since last March - my Mr T says I'll punched one of the days.

Another triumph for Rachael in make-up and the Dyson Airwrap. I have found the most perfect spray to use with it, though. The Philip Kingsley Perfect Prep Primer, which is sometimes in stock on our website here, and it really makes the style last, I love it!

She has also posted a photo on her Instagram of her and her mum on Mother’s Day. They are very close together. She has clearly said she is in a bubble with her son’s family. The rules in England now allow you to meet one person outside, sit on a bench and have a coffee. Do they allow a cuddle? Anyway, her photo was in my opinion taken inside. There seems to be a box in the background. Obviously I am most probably wrong.
One rule for us & a different one for the likes of her.

As far as I know you can only form a bubble with one other household. With the new relaxed rules in England one person can meet with one other person for recreation, such as to have a coffee on a bench. This cannot be done in a private garden, so I take it that includes a balcony. From my understanding social distancing must be observed and certainly no cuddling. If rules are broken then for me it’s not alright.

I commented, I also read the other comments and a lady called Susan left the following...

I like the top you’re wearing on the gardening show. Very nice. The monsoon one looks pretty too. I hope you ladies know just how incredibly fortunate you are to have jobs, fun jobs, routine and to be able to have your hair and make up done all the way through this year! Please pass on our regards to Kathy and hope she is recovering from this awful virus x

Guess more and more are seeing through the QVC smoke and mirrors (not just any mirrors, JM designer mirrors)

Who’s to say that the photo isn’t an old one, posted for the occasion?

Not long ago Ruth Langsford was singing the praises of her hair stylist ‘Maurice’ (pronounced the French way , of course!) saying how glad she was to be getting her hair done. I think a picture or a video clip was shown of him by the adoring Ruth. Well, if I was Maurice I’d be keeping a low profile, for crimes against helmet head hairdressing!

May very well be, but then again knowing QVC and their egotistical, narcissistic staff, probably won’t be.
It’s just that in these days people are careful to point out if programmes were filmed before Covid restrictions were in place, or were filmed following Covid rules. I don’t post photos on Social Media but if I did post a photograph of me with my girls on Mother’s Day I think I would have pointed out it was a previous get together. I hasten to add, Debbie Flint is perfectly within her rights not to do that if she chooses just as it’s my right to suggest it may have been a good idea in our present circumstances.

I have had people sit behind in the bus when there are loads of space.

A woman get on the bus pull her mask down under her nose. Yet, when she got off the bus she pulled it up again to cover her nose.

Latest posts

Back