How much for a .5ct diamonique platinum solitaire?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I first started buying jewellery from qvc I realised that rings were always hollowed out, in comparison to rings bought in the High Street shops. I wrote a lengthy letter queriing this with the customer services - that was 8 years ago and am still awaiting a reply ! I also discovered that High Streeet jewellers were very sniffy about qvc jewellery (there's always a qvc stamp inside the ring), so I often wonder what would happen if I needed to pawn the lot later on in life - be lucky to get my p& p back I suppose.

Possibly a daft question but what does the QVC stamp look like? I've got one or a dozen QVC rings and although the eek rings have a DQCZ stamp on them. the others don't seem to have an obvious QVC stamp. One or two are stamped CHINA or WK.

I often get pieces remodelled or resized and all my jeweller has ever said is that the pieces are made in such a way to keep the costs down ... hollowed out bands etc ... so to make sure that I know what I'm buying in terms of weight of the gold or silver. But the main thing for me is the look and feel of the piece. If I love it and I'm happy to pay that price for it then that's what really matters. I own rings that cost £20 and others that cost £200. I buy what I love.

I'm surprised QVC never sold Moisannite (as far as I know). Even IW seem to have stopped doing it these days. I bought one from the genuine Moisannite people but at a knock-down price (I HOPE it was their genuine website and is genuine Moissanite, it came with all the certificates and in the correct box).

What's the difference between Moisannite & diamonique as I haven't heard of it?

I'd sooner have it in silver for £17.43. Why DON'T they do this size stone in silver..I don't do bling!!:sad: In years gone by I've had some nice rings with ½ carat equivalent stones, which look believeable, but not so many now.

they had them on the other week in different sizes and different prices but cant remember the number right now

Carol two worth checking out are 600381 and 690974. The last one is the one that comes in different carat weights. Both are silver. An Eternal one is 697754.

I am more than happy to try and spend your money :eek:)

My 0.6ct solitaire engagement ring (almost flawless stone) was over £2k on blue nile, it's the cost of platinum that makes this so high. Mind you, my setting on its own was ~£650 and no way is this QVC ring going to have over 5g of platinum like mine does and no way is the DMQ stone worth £100.

Why would anyone buy the real metal with a fake stone? Don't get it!

I think QVC are just trying to give us all a laugh, £11.000 tanzanite, £90 hairdryers etc and now this! The real joke is that there must be people who buy otherwise they wouldn't bother.

I'd sooner have it in silver for £17.43. Why DON'T they do this size stone in silver..I don't do bling!!:sad: In years gone by I've had some nice rings with ½ carat equivalent stones, which look believeable, but not so many now.

Just seen this BM ? 601353 - 0.25ct Epiphany solitaire £16.44 - Diamonique day price (No picture on the web site!!!!!!!)

I just can't believe what QVC charge for what's basically a bit of glass despite harping on about "the equivalent carat weight".......the profit margins must be phenomenal and I'm not prepared to line their pockets! They are just being downright greedy and really need to consider the current economic situation and the problems people are experiencing at the moment.

There is a lot more to it that 'a bit of glass' - it's not even made of glass!

I went to buy a new pair a 18ct white gold butterfly backs a couple of weeks ago. Came back without them ... £60!! That's more than I paid for the chuffing earrings. Will use yellow gold ones from another pair. Well one yellow one and one white one lol.

the platinum price today according to hatton garden metals is £26.56 per gram (999) or £25.26 (950)

have emailed qvc for the weight of the ring.

How would that help?

When you buy a ring you are not paying for purely the raw material costs of the metal and the Diamondique. The ring needs to be designed, manufactured, delivery costs,, marketing, profit margins etc

How would that help?

When you buy a ring you are not paying for purely the raw material costs of the metal and the Diamondique. The ring needs to be designed, manufactured, delivery costs,, marketing, profit margins etc

well delivery costs we are paying in the p&p and of course there is costs in design etc but lets face it, they can turn out the same ring in silver for £17 with all of the above costs taken into account so to me, if I wanted to buy a platinum ring, then i'd want to know the weight of platinum that i'm getting and by knowing the price of platinum at the minute, then it gives an idea if you are getting value for your money or being ripped off.

simple really

Carol two worth checking out are 600381 and 690974. The last one is the one that comes in different carat weights. Both are silver. An Eternal one is 697754.

I am more than happy to try and spend your money :eek:)

Hi Tinks...thanks for the info - 600381, I've got one very like that one, 690974 I think the smallest is 1ct..too big for me, and the Eternal one, I find the stainless steel rings too chunky, feel like I can't close my fingers together properly - no doubt there is a good reason they're like this but I don't know what it is! A pity, as some of them are very nice and I have other pieces, just can't get on with the rings. One I got a few months ago is about ½ carat, tension set, in silver, love that one, but I had loads from years ago and sad to say I'm now two ring sizes bigger than I was but of course styles change all the time and I can't replace them with a larger size. I shall keep looking!

Just seen this BM ? 601353 - 0.25ct Epiphany solitaire £16.44 - Diamonique day price (No picture on the web site!!!!!!!)

well that's a bummer innit..! Like those ruddy Eternal snuggie earrings that are invisible! The ring sounds my kind of thing too, but I'm not buying till I can see what it is! Thanks tho!

I went to buy a new pair a 18ct white gold butterfly backs a couple of weeks ago. Came back without them ... £60!! That's more than I paid for the chuffing earrings. Will use yellow gold ones from another pair. Well one yellow one and one white one lol.

Blimey that is pricey!! I recently enquired about getting replacement back for a pair of 18K white gold earrings I have, lost one down a hotel sink, and was told they start at £10 each.

I'd have paid a tenner Sazza! :eek:)

Mind you he priced the earrings at £200 minimum and I bought them a few years ago for £35 so I was happy with that bit of the conversation.

Latest posts

Back