Help! Strange Hermes Tracking Status

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

Tootie

Guest Shopper
So my Elemis TSV has been dispatched and my Hermes tracking status is as follows:

10:55 Missing Pre Advice
10:55 Receipt at Hub

Anyone seen this before? I called CS and they were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard! The girl said that she didn't know what that meant so put me on hold while she spoke to Hermes. Then she came back to say 'to be honest, they don't know what it means either'. She said that it is common for that status message to appear and for parcels to be delivered despite this. Advice: phone back if I haven't received it by Friday!!!!

I feel an email to the CEO coming on.

Yes mine showed a status like that earlier on today but have now updated to show something like sorted at hub

So my Elemis TSV has been dispatched and my Hermes tracking status is as follows:

Anyone seen this before? I called CS and they were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard! The girl said that she didn't know what that meant so put me on hold while she spoke to Hermes. Then she came back to say 'to be honest, they don't know what it means either'. She said that it is common for that status message to appear and for parcels to be delivered despite this. Advice: phone back if I haven't received it by Friday!!!!

Sorry but why are earth are you getting het up?. I genuinely have no idea why you feel the need to contact the CEO. just give them a chance to deliver it first and if it doesn't arrive within the 5-7 working days then get het up. The CS adviser clearly tried to help with your query as far as I can see and has asked you to ring back at a later appropriate time if the parcel hasn't arrived.

mine showed this today for my tart burners, the mis advice bit was dated yesterday and then the tart burners were delivered today. So I wouldn't worry too much, as I got my goodies, I just ignored the strange tracking wording.

COLOR="#000080"]
Hi Tootie, my Elemis TSV says the exact same. When I spoke to CS they said that it was most probably missed when it was scanned into the warehouse, but not to worry I would still receive it within the 3 - 5 working days.

No need to panic, have seen tracking statuses like that with Hermes often. It is at the hub so it will go through normal process and will get to you over the next few days.

No need to panic, have seen tracking statuses like that with Hermes often. It is at the hub so it will go through normal process and will get to you over the next few days.

Thanks Sazza - had never seen that before.

Yeh receipt at Hub is the normal
and considering they both happened at the same time, someone maybe just pressed the wrong key
so no need to panic
Mine usually come the day after received at Hub

Thanks for all your replies, even the strangely aggressive one (that remark about the CEO, 'twas a joke!).

So package is still 'Missing Pre Advice'. Interesting to see what will happen. I've had quite a few disastrous non-deliveries in the past so I don't entirely trust Hermes. However, from what you're all saying sounds like it will be OK.

I had a 2nd your parcel is on it's way this morning for mine, clicked on the tracking link and had the same thing, maybe in their rush to get them out some stage of the process wasn't completed. Mine says out for delivery to courier now.

I am awaiting a delivery which was despatched on 20th June !!!!! - on the delivery status on Hermes it just says 18/06/2012 08.15 Order Generated - Great tracking system.

I rang customer service yesterday and they are sending me the letter to confirm that I am not telling porkies when I say that I have not received the item - which is annoying when it is obvious that it has never even been in Hermes system so there is no chance that I have the goods.

I am awaiting a delivery which was despatched on 20th June !!!!! - on the delivery status on Hermes it just says 18/06/2012 08.15 Order Generated - Great tracking system.

I rang customer service yesterday and they are sending me the letter to confirm that I am not telling porkies when I say that I have not received the item - which is annoying when it is obvious that it has never even been in Hermes system so there is no chance that I have the goods.

That's exactly what happened with my Compact Oven - just 'order generated' status. When I looked on QVC it was showing as Waitlist. I suspect that there was a stock control problem and it never existed. I got the letter, which I sent back and yesterday QVC called me to say that as the item was on waitlist I could have a refund. They did ask me if I had received it - no chance! Luckily I found the identical item on ebay at half the price and in perfect condition but of course I have no MBG and presumably no manufacturer's warranty. I keep saying I won't buy electrical goods on ebay but I do.

I got 2 emails this morning to say my parcels were on their way
tracking shown as below, have never seen the pre-advice thing on the tracking before

03/07/2012 14:51 Delivered to Outbuilding
03/07/2012 09:05 Courier Received
03/07/2012 08:15 Preadvice Update
03/07/2012 00:08 Processed at Depot
02/07/2012 15:32 Missing Pre-Advice
02/07/2012 15:32 Receipt at Hub

Received them today and my ABC which I havent received email yet for saying its on its way
Excellent delivery times for my 3 TSVs :clapping:

I rang customer service this morning and said that I was extremely disappointed with their action to 'just send me a letter' when it is over two weeks since I ordered and very clear that the item had never even got into the Hermes delivery system so there was no chance that I would ever have received it. I also explained my disgust that they thought I would be trying to pretend it never arrived. The girl said that they had to have the signed letter so they could make the claim against Hermes but as I was unhappy with their service she would process sending the replacement immediately as long as I promised to send the signed letter back as soon as I receive it.

I'm waiting for a parcel that tracked as "Out for Delivery" this morning at 4am but was changed today at 12.43 to "Label Reprinted"
I've never seen that one before .... does anyone know what it means ... apart from the obvious of course that my label has been reprinted :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back