Gutted by my Leighton "Here come the girls" collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

staffies

Registered Shopper
I ordered the "here come the girls" set on Sunday Beauty Day, but it arrived today, and has It girl, She's in fashion, and the corrector fluid in, but double. Ie I should have had supermodel, bronzed babe and rampant rose in the collection aswell. I rang customer services, and firstly they said the collection was only 5 piece anyway, and didn't include supermodel - which is wrong! cos its still on the website with supermodel in. And cs then said its sold out anyway, so the only thing I can do is send the whole thing back - my set of doubles. I'm gutted!:heartbroke:

What else can I do, but return the set when they send me a prepaid env?

Use it until its almost finished THEN send it back! They're disgraceful. Alternatively cmplain to a supervisor and tell her you want another nail set as compensation at NO CHARGE !

I have found an LD site that says QVC customers can email, so I'll see what happens. I never thought of using the stuff for 30 days and sending it back free of charge when the label comes through! :clapping: But if the LD site can help me I'll be sooooo pleased. I'm not asking for much, just the correct order to be sent!:hi:

If you have a facebook account, he has a facebook group and tries to answer problems/queries on there...if all else fails harangue the man himself on there :wink:

I agree with Cavegirl and go on Facebook as you don't have to pay to register. You will find Leighton Denny on there. I think he would be very interested to see how cr@p QVC are!! I did order the TSV in the Neutrals which I received the other day and I am very pleased with the colours. I don't always get my LD stuff on QVC unless it is a reasonable price which more often than it is not!! I also agree to use the kit before you send it back. Why not as they made the mistake!!

I agree with Cavegirl and go on Facebook as you don't have to pay to register. You will find Leighton Denny on there. I think he would be very interested to see how cr@p QVC are!! I did order the TSV in the Neutrals which I received the other day and I am very pleased with the colours. I don't always get my LD stuff on QVC unless it is a reasonable price which more often than it is not!! I also agree to use the kit before you send it back. Why not as they made the mistake!!

I agree - use loads of it before sending it back and then they won't be able to re-sell it! Serves them right. They're always wittering on about their award winning customer service department, but any time I've had a problem with an order, I found most of the advisors inefficient and they sound like they are just reading from a script. You get the odd helpful one but I would say they are the minority (in my experience).

I am hoping my Art Deco set will come today, but I did order a Leighton Denny set from QVC ages ago and there was someting wrong with the Slick tips brush. It had gone curly in the bottle, anyway I rang QVC and they said I had to send the whole kit back in the pre paid for envelope and they would send me another one out.

Well I didn't want to do that! I wanted to play with my new nail polishes, so I rang Helen Marks where I sometimes order Leighton Denny stuff from. I think they are the Head Office of sorting out distibution for LD stuff (cause it is just a few miles away from the factory that makes it all) as well as sorting internet sales. Anyway I talked to lovely girl and she promised to send me out a new brush ASAP. I don't know what happened if she wasn't sure which brush I meant, just forgot which one I asked for or popped in some extras as freebies, but I recieved the next day (I do only live 15 miles from the office) a new brush for my Slick Tips that I asked for with an additional precision corrector brush mini and a big precision corrector brush that you normally can't buy seperately and usually have to buy a full size French Manicure set to get!!! Needless to say I was very happy.

I have also had a little minor issues with stuff not being 100% with OPI kit, one little item was missing. So after the usually from QVC, I rang Lena White and they were just as good and sent the missing item out to me immediately, no charge.

I have just had a little look on the Helen Marks website and it says to email all trade enquires to: [email protected] all non trade ones can go to: [email protected]

:hi:Aww honey I feel your pain! How horribly disappointing! :heartbroke:

Definitely contact the man himself and tell him all about how QVC have let you down. I bet you 're not the only one who got a defective set.

:hi:Aww honey I feel your pain! How horribly disappointing! :heartbroke:

Definitely contact the man himself and tell him all about how QVC have let you down. I bet you 're not the only one who got a defective set.

Thats what I thought. Someone else must have 2 sets of the "supermodel, bronzed babe and rampant rose" and be just as disappointed as me. Especially when qvc just say, hard luck, send the set back and thats it! No offer of helping you to sort it out! I will see if I get an email back from the LD website and if not by Monday, I will go onto Facebook. By hook or by crook I will get it sorted!!! Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. xx

Reading this thread has slightly confused me (easily done!!) I was under the impression that when kits came into the QVC warehouse they were already made up. If that's the case then it's not really QVC's fault that the wrong items were in the box. However, maybe I'm wrong.

Reading this thread has slightly confused me (easily done!!) I was under the impression that when kits came into the QVC warehouse they were already made up. If that's the case then it's not really QVC's fault that the wrong items were in the box. However, maybe I'm wrong.

This was my understanding too. At the end of the day aren't QVC merely agents for the manufacturers? I'd contact Helen Marks if I were you. And sorry to play Devil's Advocate but I don't think QVC are in the wrong asking the customer to return the package. I'm not saying that anyone is being dishonest but how do they know that your kit is wrong if they don't see it for themselves? Surely, it helps them to know that one of their suppliers hasn't put the kit together properly.

I think the issue is that QVC aren't making any effort to replace the faulty goods with the goods that were ordered. They've just done their customary shrug and told Staffies to send it back for a refund.

No apology, no effort to put things right, no evidence of anybody giving a sh!t.

That's what's wrong, and as such the fault lies with QVC.

I think the issue is that QVC aren't making any effort to replace the faulty goods with the goods that were ordered. They've just done their customary shrug and told Staffies to send it back for a refund.

No apology, no effort to put things right, no evidence of anybody giving a sh!t.

I couldn't have put it better!!! Yes qvc are the agents, but surely they could give you the phone number or contact details of the people to get hold of if your goods arent' right! Then that would be good customer service. Have not heard back from my email yet.

You're right. In consumer law your contract is with the seller of the goods not the manufacturer, so really it should be up to QVC to sort it out.:down:

A couple of times recently QVC have contacted suppliers (Gatineau & Liz Earle) to supply missing items direct. I wonder if it depends on the CS person you speak to or is only possible with certain suppliers? Just a thought.

Jude xx

Good News!

I emailed Helen Marks, and they replied quickly and said they are on the case and will sort it out for me! Hurray!

Thanks forumites for your advice and support in my hour of need!!!!!!:giggle:

:up: :flower:I'm really glad hon - keep us in the loop won't you?

I hope Helen Marks come through for you - for their sake as much as anything - cos many forumite and lurker eyes are watching!

I just think that it's a shame thet QVC couldn't do the legwork for you, or as you said, at least tell you who to get in touch with.

They're carp sometimes aren't they. :angry:

QVC should have sorted this out for you but hey ho! I always find a follow up phone call gets things moving even quicker.

I'm not sure if I can put it up here but, if you google Helen Marks Leighton Denny and click on the Contact Us link the address and phone no are all there will office opening hours. They were really nice when I spoke to them about my problem, any way I hope you get it sorted.

happy ending

Today I am very happy cos I received the 3 missing nail varnishes from my LD collection, kindly sent from Helen Marks. Yesterday I received my qvc returns sticker, which I don't need now, cos I shall pay for the collection now its complete! Yippeeeee! It would just have been nice if qvc could've directed me to Helen Marks in the first place. Thank goodness for this forum, where I can find such great help!:up::clapping: Thank you one and all. Goodnight.

Latest posts

Back