Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For many reasons I shop on line and did consider this hamper. However I saw a really good deal for such a bargain with an on line butcher and went for that. Arrived on the date I selected everything was there and boy was it good! In fact I was amazed by the quality and size of the items. QVC I don't think so.
So gutted for those who were let down. Next year look on the net there are lots of great offers and I had the best and cheapest dinner in years

For many reasons I shop on line and did consider this hamper. However I saw a really good deal for such a bargain with an on line butcher and went for that. Arrived on the date I selected everything was there and boy was it good! In fact I was amazed by the quality and size of the items. QVC I don't think so.
So gutted for those who were let down. Next year look on the net there are lots of great offers and I had the best and cheapest dinner in years
Can I ask the name of the butcher you used? I don't have any butchers near me, the ones that used to be open near me where not independent or very good. So I buy me meat at either good old M&S or Waitrose,but would like a better alternative,

Quick ipdate nieghbour has contacted qvc again today, and they have now said it was the bad weather and all that rain stopped the hampers from going out, so why were qvc still promising them up to Christmas eve, and was told thats what green seasons told them, but they will be looking into it.

Good grief, just how low can QVC go with their excuses? It would be interesting to know if there was a particular area which didn't receive their orders or were they country wide? Does anyone know where Green Seasons originate from?

qvc's imagination

Some very angry people on the Facebook page. QVC person Rachel started asking how everyone enjoyed Christmas(OOPPSS!! Bad start!)? The usual ass lickers lovely, I love QVC etc. Then the well I would have enjoyed if my hamper arrived. She keeps the party line of phone CS, didn't go down well. People said that was unless as they kept telling them the hampers would arrive on Christmas Eve. So it seems QVC are investigating what happened(at this point Rachel did get rattled at the anger directed at her. She insisted they needed to know who did not receive their orders, so CS had to be told. Didn't they keep record of the people phoning right up until they closed at 2pm Christmas Eve?) Which is strange as earlier they had the bad weather excuse.

So of course many have awful flooding, but the bad weather excuse makes it sounds like the entire country of England was under hundreds of feet of water. Why did QVC/Green Seasons keep insisting they where delivering when if the weather was so bad they must have knew they could not fulfil the orders? Your order will arrive up until 6pm on Christmas Eve.

Okay so now QVC have posted on their Facebook page.

Who's currently working their way through their Christmas dinner left-overs? Share your tips and tricks here to help us all make the most of those tasty treats...

They do not have a F*cking clue:mysmilie_15:

Okay so now QVC have posted on their Facebook page.

Who's currently working their way through their Christmas dinner left-overs? Share your tips and tricks here to help us all make the most of those tasty treats...

They do not have a F*cking clue:mysmilie_15:

God, you could not make it up could you? They really are shameless.

Hi I used Westin Gourmet, it was so good! Got a great deal well packed and delivered so fresh. Can't fault anything we have had yet. Cost me £45 for steak, turkey butterfly breast, chipolata sauages,a ham, mince cranberry sauce and goose fat. Fed eight people and enough left over for another meal!

So sad for the customers who have been let down again, when will Qvc learn these hampers never turn out well, surely this will mean the end of Green seasons on Q, it will be totally outrageous if Q ever feature this brand again, I'm sure however they will just rebrand under another.

I bought some organic beef from Asda and did a casserole in the slow cooker - Beef, vegetable bouillon, mushrooms, onions, carrot, broccoli, 1 parsnip, some ground birds eye chillis, some garlic granules, a spoonful of gravy powder, some ground black pepper, green beans and baby sweetcorn, oh and some lentil, barley and pulses. It was well worth the 6-hour wait. I cheated with the mashed potato as I bought some Asda "Extra Special" creamy mash for £1.10. It was LOVELY! I made a "volcano" with the mash and spooned the casserole inside the volcano. I then put the broccoli florets round the outside and spooned around the gravy into a moat.

This isn`t the first year it`s gone wrong between Q and Green Seasons customers, I think it`s the 3rd year ?
In my mind anybody who trusts both QVC and/or Green Seasons must be nuts. You might have been lucky last year or this year but the odds are surely stacked that one year you aint gonna get it !
Will people risk it again next year, will QVC still use Green Seasons next year ? The answer to the first question will probably be yes and the answer to the second question will probably be yes too. QVC bank on people having short memories and on new customers being totally unaware of previous cockups. Morals don`t come into it as far as Q are concerned, they`ve got all the money from those poor people who ordered but didn`t receive hampers and you can bet your last dollar only those who push and push will be in with any small chance of some compensation, if any at all.

Julius that's like the scenes in Close Encounters when Richard Dreyfus sculpts his mash into the shape of the mountain!

Julius that's like the scenes in Close Encounters when Richard Dreyfus sculpts his mash into the shape of the mountain!

Oh! I didn't know about that. Haven't seen that film. I thought my mash mountain was an original idea! I have another pot of mash in the fridge for tomorrow's meal. I will do the same thing again with the leftover casserole. I am delighted with my mini slow cooker. It's one of the best things I have ever bought. Put on a timer switch one can go out and know that delicious hot meal awaits one's return!

Anyone affected by this Green Seasons saga should contact the CEO, straight to top is only way!!!

This isn`t the first year it`s gone wrong between Q and Green Seasons customers, I think it`s the 3rd year ?
In my mind anybody who trusts both QVC and/or Green Seasons must be nuts. You might have been lucky last year or this year but the odds are surely stacked that one year you aint gonna get it !
Will people risk it again next year, will QVC still use Green Seasons next year ? The answer to the first question will probably be yes and the answer to the second question will probably be yes too. QVC bank on people having short memories and on new customers being totally unaware of previous cockups. Morals don`t come into it as far as Q are concerned, they`ve got all the money from those poor people who ordered but didn`t receive hampers and you can bet your last dollar only those who push and push will be in with any small chance of some compensation, if any at all.
Anyone who doesn't go on the QVC Facebook page or read the forums won't know about the issues and I think that will be the majority of QVC's customers. So I fully expect there will be a repeat of this fiasco next year.

I have a feeling that Green Seasons may have to change their name in order to be able to sell on Q next year.

Anyone who doesn't go on the QVC Facebook page or read the forums won't know about the issues and I think that will be the majority of QVC's customers. So I fully expect there will be a repeat of this fiasco next year.

Sadly, lightning strikes twice, three-times or even more at QVC... there will always be new customers seduced by the demos, and ignorant of the repeated fiascos with food deliveries - particularly the Christmas food deliveries. And let's face it for the vast majority of people QVC is still a secret held in plain sight... and as some find it too much of a guilty secret to discuss openly in life outside of forums and social media, they will not know that there are these known issues... until they are impacted, "google" the issue and discover sites such as this forum where they can get the un-sanitised version of what is going on.

I really hope that those who didn't get their deliveries get not only a refund, but some kind of recompense for the additional stress and expense caused by QVC making unrealistic promises of delivery in time for Christmas; and I hope that in the meantime they were all able to find an acceptable alternative.

Given that many people will have bought from QVC for the easy pays to help them budget - good-quality meat doesn't come cheap - then sourcing all of the meat for the festive period that would have been in the package will be a challenge for some, and will have meant making compromises that could have taken the shine off the holidays for them.

Last edited:
Julius, when my kids were little, they used to love mash potato mountain surrounded by baked beans lake with a couple of fish finger boulders and grated cheese snow....and so did I!

Julius, when my kids were little, they used to love mash potato mountain surrounded by baked beans lake with a couple of fish finger boulders and grated cheese snow....and so did I!

Sounds nice! I might give that a try. I've got another pot of extra special mash. Normally I buy red potatoes and mash them myself but I couldn't be bother this Christmas. Slow cooker is really amazing. I'm going to use it more and more throughout the winter, It's so easy and inexpensive to make tasty meals with it. Who'd have thought a £10 mini slow cooker from Argos would be so amazing?! I bought a time switch to put it on so that I can have a hot meal waiting when I get home from work.

Am going to buy some Heinz beans and try your recipe!

I have not copied and pasted the ladies name, but this is her comment on Facebook.

I got told by qvc cs what was I moaning about I got a refund on Christmas Eve for hampers I never received. All thay say is you complaint is noted we will get back to you thay are taking the p***

Now this is the interesting post ladies husband a courier.

I am responding to the NON DELIVERY of the Greens Christmas Meat selection. Obviously lack of communications between Greens and QVC (surely this needs to be sorted asap) My husband actually delivers parcels for a well know Company so therefore I am aware of how this system works. So why did Greens not admit to there error much earlier if they could not cope with the volume of orders, totally disgusting and cannot understand why we were given delivery dates from 09/12/15 - 12/12/15 then again 21/12/15-22/12/15 . When my friend who originally placed the order for herself and me back in October she rang QVC on Monday we were told the courier Greens used can deliver up till Christmas Eve . Yet this did not leave much time for people to go elsewhere. ( as the shops closed early) The majority of people having defrosted there freezer's to make room for there delivery.
Everyone has enough stress at this time of year to deal with and one would presume that once the order has been made the delivery would not be a problem.
Surely some form of compensation and not just contact Customer Services to be fobbed off should really be considered. I have used this offer for over 3 years but I am sure I will take my custom elsewhere to purchase my Christmas meat order for 2016.

But how many customers do not do Facebook or Twitter and think they are alone in being lied to???

i remember those awful pies took an age to come. i could have raised a calf in the time it took to arrive and they were vile

Latest posts

Back