Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely people who buy this overpriced, over-marketed food from slick strangers on the television have only themselves to blame when said food unsurprisingly doesn't turn up? Why don't they try supporting their local butcher, maybe even get to know him and benefit from his advice and experience? It seems such an odd world, where people would buy food for arguably one of the most important meals of the year off some geezer on the telly who they've never even met!

That in my humble opinion is uncalled for. People were promised goods / service and it is not unreasonable to expect the company to provide that service or goods. To indicate otherwise smacks a little of hitting below the belt (just my opinion which in a free country I am entitled to have).

](just my opinion which in a free country I am entitled to have).

Who said you weren't? Bit of a victim mentality there.

Anyway, this is boring now. So you people crack on buying shitty meat pumped full of hormones from strangers off the television that doesn't turn up and then complain about it after. You'll also complain bitterly about all your local shops disappearing because of Big Business Tescos etc, despite your never having shopped in them or supporting them in any way. You'll also complain about all the local pubs closing down, whilst you're loading your trollies with £3.99 wine and beer from the Tesco Metro. Maybe you'll write in to The Express because it's all Europe's fault anyway.

I'll continue to buy meat from my local butcher, whom I have known for years, from farms which have been supplying our community for generations. And that doesn't make me 'better' - it makes me glad that I'm not so daft as to spend a fortune with an American company which has proved over and over again that they are incapable of fulfilling Christmas orders.

As Tiddlywinks would hector: people are free to make a choice.

Last edited:
Craftalot - you sound exactly like those people that spout off on the Daily Express forums. Yes I do read them but only for a bit of amusement. If this is boring you do us all a favour and stop boring us.

CC

I buy from my local butcher wherever possible. I'm also lucky enough to live near enough to some excellent farmers' markets with vendors who are happy to tell me about their meat or other produce. Failing that, supermarkets' butchers do offer excellent value for money and you can see exactly what you're getting. Last year for Boxing Day we had a 3-bird roast from Aldi - £10, now £12.99 - I've got another one for this year. Beautiful - and we took it home immediately after purchase. No worries about missed delivery or exorbitant p&p charges because the bus fare was nil. (The bus pass is a wonderful asset).

Craftalot - you sound exactly like those people that spout off on the Daily Express forums. Yes I do read them but only for a bit of amusement. If this is boring you do us all a favour and stop boring us.

CC

'Us' - sorry I didn't know you were the official mouthpiece for the entire forum. Thanks for setting me straight on that. And did you actually just admit to reading the Daily Express forums?! Of course it's 'for a bit of amusement'...they all say that. Anyway, do you think anyone would admit to reading them for serious journalism?!

Last edited:
qvc overhype the food and people believe the hype. i cant imagine the meat being worth what they are charging but people can/will buy if they so please. even the popcorn. its ok but not unique. only in some flavours that would not sell readily in the supermarket. oh and dale it does have unpopped kernals and dry unedible bits in the bottom because i bought some in waitrose.

and steph: who fries popcorn? answers on a popcard!

qvc overhype the food and people believe the hype. i cant imagine the meat being worth what they are charging but people can/will buy if they so please. even the popcorn. its ok but not unique. only in some flavours that would not sell readily in the supermarket. oh and dale it does have unpopped kernals and dry unedible bits in the bottom because i bought some in waitrose.

and steph: who fries popcorn? answers on a popcard!

That Steph woman must literally be laughing all the way to the bank with QVC's rapt audience.

I thought I would put a positive post amongst all the negative ones. My daughter has bought Green Seasons for the last 3 years and she has been very pleased with the meat hence why she keeps ordering them. Her order arrived last week. She was one of the ones who had two delivered by mistake and QVC has said she can keep it. They have decided to donate some money to a local charity because of this. I do take issue with some on here who say that if you buy this you are some sort of fool. I find your comments disingenuous. Ok you wouldnt order it but dont make rude comments about those who do.

Gah! I hate the food police. All this, "buy from your local butcher", I'll buy from whoever I want to! Just because someone's local it doesn't mean they're better.

It's not at all helpful to blame people who didn't receive their meat because they didn't buy from a local butcher. They are just as guilty as any company at not fulfilling orders, a couple of years ago my friend didn't get her turkey on Christmas Eve because the butcher had taken more orders than he could fulfil.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with you people? The initial post was drawing attention to the fact that Green Seasons has, yet again, failed to deliver their Christmas Orders. I pointed out that, given that information, people who've ordered and not received their goods have only themselves to blame for it. What on earth is 'disingenuous', 'rude' or otherwise about pointing this out?? Would you get your knickers in knot if I pointed out that if you go outside without a coat on when it's raining then you'll probably end up getting wet?

My opinion is that if you spend roughly double what the market rate is for meat which you haven't seen, touched, smelt, or have any knowledge of its provenance from a geezer off the television, then you've only got yourself to blame when it's crappy quality or it doesn't turn up. I think that's reasonably well-founded, and not exactly an unreasonable point of view. By the way, just because someone doesn't like being called a fool doesn't mean that they aren't one.

Last edited:
Gah! I hate the food police. All this, "buy from your local butcher", I'll buy from whoever I want to! Just because someone's local it doesn't mean they're better.

It's not at all helpful to blame people who didn't receive their meat because they didn't buy from a local butcher. They are just as guilty as any company at not fulfilling orders, a couple of years ago my friend didn't get her turkey on Christmas Eve because the butcher had taken more orders than he could fulfil.

But we ALL buy from whoever we want to and nobody can stop people doing what they want anyway!!! Just because someone's got huge wads of cash to advertise on national telly doesn't mean they're better, either, for charging a whole lot more. But I would sooner trust my butcher where I can see the meat, talk face to face about it and take it away with me than a butcher I can't visit.

Who is blaming people because they didn't buy from a local butcher? You buy from wherever you want. I buy from wherever I want, be it my local butcher, farmers' market or supermarket. I just happen to know which is better value but you will work that bit out for yourself and make your choices, as will everyone else. I think a raw nerve has been hit here. QVC does not offer the best value for money compared with local shops. It's convenient if you can put up with the risk of late delivery, but value for money? No.

That in my humble opinion is uncalled for. People were promised goods / service and it is not unreasonable to expect the company to provide that service or goods. To indicate otherwise smacks a little of hitting below the belt (just my opinion which in a free country I am entitled to have).

I fully agree with you.There are some very aggressive posts being made here IMHO. The issue would be the same if it were beauty or YC products which could not be received in time for Christmas by people who bought them as presents. It is a failure to complete an order. I would never buy this overpriced meat from the TV and only buy locally, but it has to be from a supermarket as we do not have a local independent butcher. That is my choice and one I am perfectly entitled to make. Equally some people cannot even leave their homes to get to a shop so they have to find an alternative. Mine would be Ocado but again, it is a matter of free choice.

What the hell is wrong with you people?
My opinion is that if you spend roughly double what the market rate is for meat which you haven't seen, touched, smelt, or have any knowledge of its provenance from a geezer off the television, then you've only got yourself to blame when it's crappy quality or it doesn't turn up. I think that's reasonably well-founded, and not exactly an unreasonable point of view. By the way, just because someone doesn't like being called a fool doesn't mean that they aren't one.
Too aggressive. Folk can spend their money however they like and expect to receive what they paid for, with delivery when it was promised.

Who is blaming people because they didn't buy from a local butcher?
I think your answer is above thatu.

Just because folk on here or on facebook/twitter etc have read about the problems with QVC's delivery of food orders, there will be plenty who are convinced to order who haven't.

Too aggressive. Folk can spend their money however they like and expect to receive what they paid for, with delivery when it was promised.

I think your answer is above thatu.

Just because folk on here or on facebook/twitter etc have read about the problems with QVC's delivery of food orders, there will be plenty who are convinced to order who haven't.

AK: Ok, Ill take that from you. Maybe too aggressive. Apologies. But you're usually level-headed, so should be able to see that people have to take some responsibility when something which has already happened happens again! Certainly those who have no excuse for not knowing about their shoddy delivery service because they've read and commented about it on this very forum.

Last edited:
I didn't buy the Green Seasons. I wouldn't, they don't sell goose for a start and I don't know about others but I had no idea there had been problems with deliveries in the past. If I had bought it would be news to me they'd let people down previously.

Also one thing to note is that no meat produced in the UK is pumped full of hormones. Its been illegal to do that here since the 80s.

i cant buy from butchers as i live in central london where butchers bakers and candlestick makers are no more because no one can afford to pay tens of thousands in rent each year to sell veg and meat or bread. so its the posh waitrose for me or a bus ride to aldi or lidl which make nicer pies that qvc for £1 no delivery

I didn't buy the Green Seasons. I wouldn't, they don't sell goose for a start and I don't know about others but I had no idea there had been problems with deliveries in the past. If I had bought it would be news to me they'd let people down previously.

Also one thing to note is that no meat produced in the UK is pumped full of hormones. Its been illegal to do that here since the 80s.

As it has happened in the past, you would think that they would do their best to improve the delivery process this year ........... or is that my being naive?

I personally don't buy meat from QVC, although I have ordered from an independent supplier. The meat (steaks) were a superb quality and I ordered them after a recommendation from friends. I usually prefer to see meat when I buy it, so the online order was a gamble, but for me it paid off (thankfully.)

Some people can't get out to the supermarkets or local butchers', for whatever reason, but I fail to understand how the non-delivery is the customers' fault which was implied in an earlier post. It's the people who send it out who are at fault, not the people who ordered it in good faith.

I fully agree with you.There are some very aggressive posts being made here IMHO. The issue would be the same if it were beauty or YC products which could not be received in time for Christmas by people who bought them as presents. It is a failure to complete an order. I would never buy this overpriced meat from the TV and only buy locally, but it has to be from a supermarket as we do not have a local independent butcher. That is my choice and one I am perfectly entitled to make. Equally some people cannot even leave their homes to get to a shop so they have to find an alternative. Mine would be Ocado but again, it is a matter of free choice.

I find no matter what topic is posted there are a lot of aggressive posts and I don't understand why. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the posts.

And it gets even better!!! So woman told her hamper would be with her yesterday, it was mid week before that, now she had been told they are not delivering any more hampers!!!

She is trying for a refund but, they cannot guarantee how long this will take. Of course blaming her bank for processing refund into her account. She is too late to order from the supermarket or butcher for 20 people. Also the money which she has already paid.

Another woman said hers was on its way but she is nervous. People told it would arrive on the 24th, well that does not give it enough time to even defrost in time!!!!

Another woman cancelled her order and went and bought her own food, the hamper has arrived and she was told to throw it away or donate it free of charge.

Latest posts

Back