Grand Opening....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Am not sure if it is a result of the studio lighting but I caught sight of model Rene on the Bobbi Brown hour.I have recently painted my shed with Cuprinol Red Cedar preservative & swear she has had a spray down with the same.

I am in total agreement with all the comments about the dark sets and poor lighting. Have a look on the QVC website at the pictures of their new reception and waiting area - what a contrast! Modern, lovely lines and white with a purple seating area - exactly what I imagined their new studio set would look like. Perhaps they should try presenting some shows from there!

As previous posters have said, some of the sets are OK and well lit. They've really got it wrong with the subterranean dungeon/bat cave one though, especially for the jewellery shows. Haven't they paid the leccy bill so are economising on the lights :wonder:

During the Bethlehem Lights show yesterday they had a shot of the 'twig' arrangements standing on the floor and to the right of them it looked as though there was a chunk of the pillar missing. Also some of the brickwork looked as though it needed another coat of paint. So not only is it a dungeon-like, it also looks as though it was a rushed job to finish the painting (or not) .. or maybe it's their version of 'shabby chic?'

@TrixieWoo - subterranean is a fab word! A new genre. Bordello for NN presentations. ToolShedTime. What about the next TovaTime? Methinks she would not be amused! if it doesn't change. As television studios go, they've done a blooper. IMO

Is it just me or do one or two of the sets suddenly look as though someone has had a go at them with some Bright White Dulux? I'm sure they are brighter now than they were at the launch. Also, when they spent this £18 million, couldn't they have installed a proper kitchen and a proper beauty salon type space for presentations? It would make everything look much better and more professional. The kitchen in the old MP House looked better. This new one just looked like a basic wooden bench.

To coin a phrase, they was robbed!

Now that Leighton Denny has had to complain ON AIR that he can hardly see to get the polish on Nina will they get it sorted?

Now that Leighton Denny has had to complain ON AIR that he can hardly see to get the polish on Nina will they get it sorted?

Yes, I just heard Leighton say he could not see properly & Julia's comment about the lighting.
At last!
They might do something now

Im cant warm to Leighton or his products but at least he tells it like it is and he is not afraid to have a jibe at Julia or Alison! Noticed some shadows even when Nina was showing the polish on her nails. Time they addressed the teething problems.

Latest posts

Back