Grand Opening....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think its too dark....makes me think they're underground type environment,which I'm sure they're not! I thought it would be much more airy/lighter/really futuristic

The backdrop is far too busy and detracts and clashes with what the models are wearing. Don't like the way the 3 models together get angled either, sorry but much preferred it when there was a plain background and each model sashayed out individually.

If it aint broke don't mend it !!!!!

i don't like the ultra busy set - haven't seen the break-neck stairs yet but the darkness is really getting on my nerves. i've had my glasses off and on, thinking it was me but it is really peculiar. it just looks like someone forgot to put the light on! i wonder if any of the producers/directors, whoever they are actually look at a tv rather than their own monitors. the befores in the laura geller before and after pics look like zombies with big hollow eyes and dark shadows across their faces. truly bizarre.

Glad you posted that, thought Dale on the Yankee candles last night was seriously underlit, and this morning the Laura Geller show, shadows all over the models and the make up, and some of the lighting is so bright it is taking the colour off the B&B so you cannot see the difference in the shades.

Agree with all that has been said before, how on earth could they have spent so much money and got it so wrong. sack the lot!

I'm going to keep my beady on those stairs because I think there's going to be an :mysmilie_465:

Glad you posted that, thought Dale on the Yankee candles last night was seriously underlit, and this morning the Laura Geller show, shadows all over the models and the make up, and some of the lighting is so bright it is taking the colour off the B&B so you cannot see the difference in the shades.

Agree with all that has been said before, how on earth could they have spent so much money and got it so wrong. sack the lot!

I think that the honey lighting that the camera people are using all the time now strips the presenters of personality. They all look like airbrushed, flawless aliens IMO. Sorry about the thumbs-down..It was meant for the cameramen not your post!

Last edited:
Gorgeous Pic Minim.
Yes, it is lovely isn't it.
I wish my little Fattyboots Meg was so serene.

Oy you!
I saw that.
.... I feel a fur-ball moment coming on ....
Where's His moccasins? I need to deposit hee-hee
Furball.jpg

Last edited:
oh min! she's gorgeous!! what a great pic - she looks like a real character. was trying to do a l'il heart but my usual probs with smileys

oh min! she's gorgeous!! what a great pic - she looks like a real character. was trying to do a l'il heart but my usual probs with smileys

sshhhh
.... she's a bit of a diva
Started to nip or scratch the girls if they get too close to me. Very jealous in her old age
She absolutely hates Himself

Minim, she is gorjuss! How old is she? My Tiddles passed when she was 19. She became 'Lady' Tiddles, due to her attitude in her mid-teens. Bless 'em and their quirky ways! PS Apologies to any real Ladies/gentryfolk.

I tuned in earlier and thought they were in a cave!! How gloomy it all is :wonder:

You know, I'm half expecting Indiana Jones to make an appearance :giggle:

Whoever designed the 'set' - it's an abomination; tear it down and start again!

imo, An early set for Cilla Black's Surprise Surprise was far more extravogant than what QVC have. Neon's, black/white cushions and an old style telephone. Now THAT'S cool!

550w_ds_icon_cilla_black_7.jpg

Last edited:
Agree with most of what has been said re the new sets----awful.Would have expected a much more modern streamlined look.Julia is now on with Yankee Candles looking as though she is in a church.
By the way can someone tell me what is so special about these candles? I fell for the hype a while ago & ordered some but didn't rate them at all.

Oooops Chuntley is now in the Tanzanite mine.

I tuned in earlier and thought they were in a cave!! How gloomy it all is :wonder:

....yabba daddba do dah, a dabadoo dah, we'll have a ... ol' time

Sorry, could not resist when I saw Catherine doing the jewellery show in that gloomy, pre historic corner.

It just hurts to watch the dark lighting and the busy sets. not going to watch much anymore. CURED!

Latest posts

Back