Graham Again ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Hi Everyone

I have returned to the user name "Graham", I will be 100% honest for my reasons.

I have just spoken to the QVC Marketing Manager, you may remember that we found out about an Acer TSV via an Affiliate Link on another site. On seeing this I thought this would be a great idea for ShoppingTelly.com, readers would see the QVC offers and I would get a small commission when you used the QVC Affiliate Banner, my application was rejected, I had been asking all week why without reply, today I said that I was going to publish an article and I cc the CEO in and then received a phone call within 5 minutes from the Marketing Manager, IN MY OPINION he had a very serious attitude problem, I told him so as well. The reason ShoppingTelly.com can not be an Affiliate is because we all buy from QVC already and does not want to pay me, despite building this site from scratch over the past 10 years and YOU the loyal customer.

While I was on the phone I did ask about the double charges and why the Marketing / Press didn't comment and he refused to comment saying he was only talking about my Affiliate rejection.

I said to him "So the best thing for me to do is to start a section, QVC PRODUCTS CHEAPER THAN QVC section, he just said I don't know what you could do to get on the Affiliate Programme.

So as I am furious, I want my comments to be in my name and not a mystery Administrator.

Another reason is that The Bennetts no longer answer posts and was one of the reasons I stopped posting my opinions in the first place.

What is important to say is that my opinions are just that, MY OPINIONS, the same as yours not more important or less important, just opinions about shopping telly.

This is absolutely shameful and shortsighted on the part of QVC...but well done for standing up to them.

As anyone who uses this site knows, yes, it is a bit of fun even though sometimes pretty serious subjects are discussed and argued over....but, to suggest the site does not help QVC revenue is ridiculous. I cannot say how much I have purchased DIRECTLY thanks to this site and I probably would have switched off from the channel which becomes increasingly stagnant as time goes on, unlike like dynamic and changing website.

For what it is worth, I think it is a good idea to open a Cheaper Than QVC section/page. Aside from the fact that there are LOADS of products that are much much cheaper than QVC, often with bonuses such as extended guarantees or free delivery thrown in, potentially one of these other sites may be willing to offer some recompense.

Good luck Graham and I am sure I am not alone in voicing my support for you....

Unfortunately I can see why QVC don't want to let ST be an affiliate....ST is a thorn in QVC's butt! (rightly so :rock:) With the publicity/threads about double payments, distance selling regulations, no quibble guarantee, postage and such like......ST is doing a great job bringing these issues into the open....I bet it makes the powers that be at QVC hopping mad.

I must say that I have purchased way more than I would have because of this site, due to tip-offs , recommendations and bargains spotted by other forum users. Without doubt in my case, QVC benefit hugely from ST. Yes we give them flak when it's called for but we also discuss what we like and get the heads up over forthcoming tsv's and bargains.
I'm pretty certain they would miss us (and our dosh) if we weren't here!

But from a purely business point of view, why would QVC pay commission when most of the forum members watch the channel and buy from them already? just an alternative opinion-I am not criticising your efforts, Graham!

But from a purely business point of view, why would QVC pay commission when most of the forum members watch the channel and buy from them already? just an alternative opinion-I am not criticising your efforts, Graham!

as a way of generating loyalty and... yes i know its hilarious.... customer goodwill?
:mysmilie_867:

*wipes tears from eyes*
ive often wondered why there are no QVC banners on ST.com and have always assumed that they didn't approve of the site content OR are so big that they dont feel the need to advertise here. they dont advertise widely really do they?

and although its galling that they're denying Graham much needed revenue to maintain and grow the site, the good thing is that he isn't in their pockets, so the site and the QVC forum members owe QVC sweet F.A

as a way of generating loyalty and... yes i know its hilarious.... customer goodwill?
:mysmilie_867:

*wipes tears from eyes*
ive often wondered why there are no QVC banners on ST.com and have always assumed that they didn't approve of the site content OR are so big that they dont feel the need to advertise here. they dont advertise widely really do they?

and although its galling that they're denying Graham much needed revenue to maintain and grow the site, the good thing is that he isn't in their pockets, so the site and the QVC forum members owe QVC sweet F.A

They have been advertising in the Daily Mail You magazine for a few years now. Also full page ads in Grazia magazine recently. Oh how the mighty have fallen having to put ads in mags. Oh and Woman and Home too I believe.

And what would worry me is that if they did allow you to become an affilliated site would they then try to own what was put onto that site and put you in an awkward position?

Just another thought, sorry :sad:

Open a Cheaper Than QVC section/page Graham. This website generates so much free marketing research for QVC, and they repay Graham by preventing him from generating a bit of extra revenue, to maintain the website.:devil: How about a cheaper on Amazon/Ebay link.:grin:

Very short sighted of QVC. Yes most of us maybe customers so in the short term not gain you money but by doing this you sure will loose money now. Sometimes you don't do things for cash anyway. You could do it as a thank you to Graham for promoting many a QVC item. Take note Ideal World/Sit-Up/JML and please do the right thing :)

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You couldn't make it up could you? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot the Marketing Manager is a gift to the competition isn't he? I have bought lots of things as a result of tip offs, reviews and comment on this forum that I would not have even known about if not a member. To be honest I come on here rather than watch QVC most of the time and would credit this site with prompting most of my purchases. A big thank you to Graham for starting the site and battling to keep it going I would be lost without it.

QVC seem to have completely lost the plot!! Their Marketing Manager sounds like a complete twat!! If has escaped them we all do spend money on QVC in case they had forgotten. I sure it costs a lot of money to keep this forum going.

How about a yearly subscription from the members, say £10. Just a thought, I would not mind paying that!

QVC seem to have completely lost the plot!! Their Marketing Manager sounds like a complete twat!! If has escaped them we all do spend money on QVC in case they had forgotten. I sure it costs a lot of money to keep this forum going.

]How about a yearly subscription from the members, say £10. Just a thought, I would not mind paying that![/QUOTE

That would be fine with me as well.

There is the VIP scheme which many of us have paid into. Its a once in a life time payment, but some of us have donated more than once.

But quite a few memebers here refuse to pay. Some people are totally against the idea of having to pay for sites. So unfortunately making the site pay to view will lose alot of members and also those dropping in for a nose round and they may decide to join st.com.

Also this site is very very expensive to run. The £10 once a year will be a mere drop in the ocean.

The shopping telly sections will always be free, the extra forum "the drop" as mentioned is available for a small donation, going to keep it that way. It's our 10th Anniversary this year which is quite a landmark. QVC is going nowhere neither is shoppingtelly.com. But I expect this marketing manager won't be a permanent feature of QVC, we can but hope.

There is the VIP scheme which many of us have paid into. Its a once in a life time payment, but some of us have donated more than once.

But quite a few memebers here refuse to pay. Some people are totally against the idea of having to pay for sites. So unfortunately making the site pay to view will lose alot of members and also those dropping in for a nose round and they may decide to join st.com.

Also this site is very very expensive to run. The £10 once a year will be a mere drop in the ocean.

I think a lot of people don't sign up for 'the drop' as they have no real idea of what it's all about and whether it's worth paying for. I think an open day/weekend would give people an opportunity to view the whole site which may well generate new income by encouraging existing memebers to join the VIP scheme. Let's face it, no-one would buy anything off QVC without seeing the product first!.

Latest posts

Back