Good Grief Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maple syrup is the one thing I brought back from my first holiday in the US. Pancakes, bacon and syrup is divine. I now use it drizzled when roasting parsnips, swede, pumpkin and even chicken. You can buy low calorie maple syrup in the US and Canada and even in Egypt but not here.

Love it on porridge.

Not sure if it would work in a chip butty though.

funny you should say that tink - i came across this only a couple days ago

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/syrups/josephs-thick-maple-syrup-maple-syrup

the things i got hooked on in the states that you can't get here were grape jelly, marshmallow fluff and folgers coffee. i brought loads of coffee back with me this year - must have looked funny on the xray because when i got home i realised the tsa had been through my case.

.....the things i got hooked on in the states that you can't get here were grape jelly..........

Janie - do you mean the Welch's variety made from Concord grapes? I think you can buy that here now as well as the juice.

I miss Almond Roca - although Lakeland sometimes sell it - and, unbelievably, almond and vanilla flavoured Special K!! OH's bosses are still in US so they kindly bring stuff when they come home on annual visit - in return for me stocking them up with Bird's custard powder and M&S nether garments!

Janie - do you mean the Welch's variety made from Concord grapes? I think you can buy that here now as well as the juice.

I miss Almond Roca - although Lakeland sometimes sell it - and, unbelievably, almond and vanilla flavoured Special K!! OH's bosses are still in US so they kindly bring stuff when they come home on annual visit - in return for me stocking them up with Bird's custard powder and M&S nether garments!

yes! welch's! i've looked everywhere for any sort of grape jelly. so strange some of the everyday things we just don't have. there are loads of soft drinks i love - grape soda, peach soda, cherry lime soda and omg - root beer floats! you can get rootbeer in asda but not the same. fortunately i have american friends who send me stuff but the postage is high for things like jelly. i keep them supplied with cadbury's ;)

funny you should say that tink - i came across this only a couple days ago

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/syrups/josephs-thick-maple-syrup-maple-syrup

the things i got hooked on in the states that you can't get here were grape jelly, marshmallow fluff and folgers coffee. i brought loads of coffee back with me this year - must have looked funny on the xray because when i got home i realised the tsa had been through my case.

You can get marshmallow fluff in the kosher section at waitrose . its soooo nice

yes! welch's! i've looked everywhere for any sort of grape jelly. so strange some of the everyday things we just don't have. there are loads of soft drinks i love - grape soda, peach soda, cherry lime soda and omg - root beer floats! you can get rootbeer in asda but not the same. fortunately i have american friends who send me stuff but the postage is high for things like jelly. i keep them supplied with cadbury's ;)

Knew I'd found it somewhere: www.americansoda.co.uk

thanks LEL and disenchanted :clapping::up: they very occasionally have marshmallow fluff in asda but it doesn't sell because we also don't make s'mores so no-one knows what to do with it!

ooh, a proper crisp butty has to have some sauce slathered o'er it, yum

I love a crisp butty, but minus the sauce! However, the only way my OH can get his brussels sprouts down his neck is to cover them with brown sauce. Yuck! Looks lovely with the gravy!

Yum yum, brown sauce. I also love mint sauce and have it on any roast dinner, lamb or not:clapping:

Yum yum, brown sauce. I also love mint sauce and have it on any roast dinner, lamb or not:clapping:

Apple sauce for me. A whole jar poured on my Christmas dinner - no exaggeration. With Schwarz turkey gravy and loads of pigs in blankets! Food coma afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No hon it wasn't bad at all it's quite complimentary actually, so ignore all the pathetic angst from JR's adoring fanclub. How-ever, it's quite clear Piggy doesn't give a toss what's said about her anyway because in her own eyes she's perfect and obviously thinks she can wear whatever she likes and look good in everything however awful she may look. :rolleyes: Who is the more delusional?? Piggy, or the sycophants on here who think they are her bezzie friend for defending her at every opportunity?? :emo:

Thanks doll..to be honest I didnt think it was insulting,I would never knowingly insult someone esp live on air.BTW I am actually a big Julia fan!!!!!

One of my sons has the gross habit of covering almost everything with tomato ketchup even a roast dinner. He won`t eat gravy or any other sauce but it turns my stomach watching him cover roast chicken, lamb or beef with ketchup !

I don't know of any other family who has sliced, tinned peaches served on top of roasted turkey. No gravy. Slices of turkey with peach slice on top. ExtraSpecial. Delicious! Mother was Austrian and I do the same.

Don't get me started on her... Pretty lady but like any sales person, god she goes on! Yes soaps are great, yes expensive face cream is the best, yes hand cream is rich, yes... We know! Don't they do any other products? It all seems the same. Just with different clothes. As for almond? I am southern - not Cockney nor posh, and I say it like - ow-mond. If that makes sense?! No L from me! And yea, as much as ladies should be able to wear what they like, I don't think even at my 29 years of age, would wear some of the things Alexis wears - as in too short! But hey, confidence, if you have it... But does her husband say nothing when he sees her on TV looking like she's off out to a nightclub?! No comments?! Maybe I'm a prude (no, def not that), maybe I'm old before my time?! Who knows... She does look jazzy though!

I don't know of any other family who has sliced, tinned peaches served on top of roasted turkey. No gravy. Slices of turkey with peach slice on top. ExtraSpecial. Delicious! Mother was Austrian and I do the same.

That sounds lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back