Good Grief Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would not have said anything at all if Alexis was in her 20 s, after all Julia has a son and daughter in their twenties(her son might even be thirty, I don't know)Of course you are right, Julia can be her mother if she had her when she was 19 yrs old.
I think that people feel good when positive and encouraging comments are made about them and it is nice always to make others feel good.........it is an ability that we humans have and it does not cost anything.

I think in that one tweet, you might have made Julia feel old and her self moral might have been dampened
. I try to think how I would feel if I happened to be that person.
I don't mind people pointing out things to me if that is said to improve my behaviour, mannerism or looks. Julia can change her weight, her hair style, her make-up and her mannerisms , but not her age.
I admit that the dress she wore was not suitable around her middle, but she has good legs.
Kathy wears very short dresses and Alison Keenan wears very short dresses...........short dresses don't suit Kathy who is 52 yrs old but no one has said anything about that. Alison is in her 50s.

Gees what a hornets nests...ok to clarify the tweet I sent was as follows : wow great TSV,you both look stunning,like mum and daughter even xx...now I dont think that is that bad!!!!

Philli with pineapple chunks in a sandwich, bap, barm, or even on a baguette is yummy! I daresay you could squeeze a few crisps in there too.....

Weirdest snack I ever saw was eaten by my old schoolfriend - still mates today - during every morning break at senior school for six years. She had a round of marmite sandwiches cut into quarters and into each piece she put a quarter of a chocolate coated digestive biscuit.

Frankly I don`t think it matters what we say because the presenters spend half their lives looking into a camera or monitors and if they don`t know by now when they look too thin/ too fat / untidy /elegant / wrinkled / too tanned /too pale or anything else you can think of then they must be blinking blind. They`re all pros ( or are supposed to be ) and experts in knowing what colours work, which styles work when standing or sitting down, which fabrics reflect light or which fabrics look dull, which styles suit them, which don`t, which accessories, shoes and hairstyles look ok on camera and which don`t etc etc etc. It`s called knowing their job, many of them have been in the job for donkey`s years and unlike the rest of us who don`t spend all day looking at ourselves they have plenty of opportunity to see what looks right and what doesn`t and nobody but themselves is to blame when they get it wrong. They have the last laugh anyway, we can say whatever we like and they`ll still get the big pay packet, the freebies, the adoration from some misguided souls who think they care or are their friends and their mug on the telly, that`s all they`re interested in.

When Julia said the dress was French connection and then 'I'm honest', it did make me realise how much they are not the 'department store' with great fashion they make themselves out to be. How many times have they repeated how some dress they stock (like the recent Tiana B tsv) is perfect for evening or dressing up, but they can't even get their own presenters to stay in QVC ranges.

When Julia said the dress was French connection and then 'I'm honest', it did make me realise how much they are not the 'department store' with great fashion they make themselves out to be. How many times have they repeated how some dress they stock (like the recent Tiana B tsv) is perfect for evening or dressing up, but they can't even get their own presenters to stay in QVC ranges.

Not sure I'd wear any QVC clothes on a daily basis either. But then FCUK isn't my bag either. I have an *ahem* unique style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just dipped into this thread this morning for the first time (not an Alexis fan, but I can see I miss out on a lot skipping threads that I think won't interest me!)

Nottingham-ese : ARM-ond (nuts) / chip cobs / a "mix" from the chippy is chips, mushy peas & gravy (yum) / a potato fried in batter here is a fritter, never heard them called scallops before!

Reported conversation heard in supermarket cafe :

Gizza bacon cob duck
Teet in or teet out?
Teet in
Wee or weeout?
Wee

Translation
Give me a bacon cob dear
To eat in or eat out?
To eat in
With or without? (butter/tomato/sauce/whatever)
With

if you're not a native I can see it's probably quite difficult to understand Nottingham-ese and they NEVER get the accent right on telly, it always sounds more Derbyshire - maybe I should apply to be a coach..!

Youre right Busymum, Nottingham and Derby are so near each other, yet the accents are quite distinct one from the other.

Here in Wigan or Wiggin as the locals say, it would be gie us a buttered barm luv and chuck a meat and tatie pastie on it, oh and i`ll have a brew too.

Gees what a hornets nests...ok to clarify the tweet I sent was as follows : wow great TSV,you both look stunning,like mum and daughter even xx...now I dont think that is that bad!!!!
No hon it wasn't bad at all it's quite complimentary actually, so ignore all the pathetic angst from JR's adoring fanclub. How-ever, it's quite clear Piggy doesn't give a toss what's said about her anyway because in her own eyes she's perfect and obviously thinks she can wear whatever she likes and look good in everything however awful she may look. :rolleyes: Who is the more delusional?? Piggy, or the sycophants on here who think they are her bezzie friend for defending her at every opportunity?? :emo:

My sides are still aching from yesterday!

Don’t know if this still applies but when camping in Canada years ago, if the weather was bad we used to get taken to McDonalds for breakfast (sooner have had the pie butty!). The Egg McMuffins were served with a small pot of strawberry jam supposed to be added to the delicacy - I'm guessing it probably improved it!

I stuck to the pancakes with maple syrup - caused too much controversy if you asked for lemon and sugar! I bet Yorko has them with Philly and crisps lol!

When our hosts cooked breakfast there was always fried eggs served on toast that had been spread with strawberry jam. I have to say this wasn't as bad as it sounds but it's not a recipe I bought home with me. I like sweet things with savoury, but there are limits!

I've a friend that eats Egg, Mayo and Marmite (mashed together) sandwiches - I like all the ingredients but it is a truly awful combination! (IMO?)

My sides are still aching from yesterday!

Don’t know if this still applies but when camping in Canada years ago, if the weather was bad we used to get taken to McDonalds for breakfast (sooner have had the pie butty!). The Egg McMuffins were served with a small pot of strawberry jam supposed to be added to the delicacy - I'm guessing it probably improved it!

I stuck to the pancakes with maple syrup - caused too much controversy if you asked for lemon and sugar! I bet Yorko has them with Philly and crisps lol!

When our hosts cooked breakfast there was always fried eggs served on toast that had been spread with strawberry jam. I have to say this wasn't as bad as it sounds but it's not a recipe I bought home with me. I like sweet things with savoury, but there are limits!

I've a friend that eats Egg, Mayo and Marmite (mashed together) sandwiches - I like all the ingredients but it is a truly awful combination! (IMO?)
That has to be an acquired taste :thinking:
I think I can stand a egg mayo and marmite sarnie:happy:

Maple syrup is the one thing I brought back from my first holiday in the US. Pancakes, bacon and syrup is divine. I now use it drizzled when roasting parsnips, swede, pumpkin and even chicken. You can buy low calorie maple syrup in the US and Canada and even in Egypt but not here.

Love it on porridge.

Not sure if it would work in a chip butty though.

Latest posts

Back