General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been watching a clip from August 2011 with dirty Pete and some DR Cringles

He said the company had been going almost 20 years and were leaders in their field of comfort shoes.

Present day, they have disowned the good DR, even placing their thumbs over him while holding his shoe

You can't just make things up, you will be found out sooner or later

I wondered what was going on late last night, Mike was trying to big up some Cringles ladies shows & he invited Lucinda in to come discuss them and she called them "Dr Cringles" and Mike immediately stopped her and said I must correct you they are "Cringles". Lucinda just stood there looking dumbfounded and not knowing what to say or do as she didn't even complete her sentence.

Good grief, Mugger Mason is really, really, REALLY laying it on thick with the ID theft doomsday scenarios. You won't be surprised to hear he has been a victim himself but luckily he now has the £3 ID protection stamps. I'm only surprised he hasn't got a similar product that cost £300.

What a horrid little man.

What is it with Dr Cringles. They are Dr Cringles, it says that inside,, that's the brand, surely! ridiculous!

They are seriously being cautious about everything now.

Chris Birkett singing "The sun will come out...erm...some time soon! I can't say tomorrow, as somebody will dob me in, and say Chris on price drop television said it will be sunny today!" :L

and he said about razorpit winning an award, and he said "I can't mention it, but do your own research.."

I think the only crime Chris Birkett is guilty of is being a boring git, I think the ASA should fine him for that!

Peter Simon "I'd love to tell you it's a 70% reduction...80% reduction, but you have to make your own mind up on that." Something has certainly happened over the past few days, as all presenters are being even more cautious.

The scarf looks dreadful, as for the bags they also are dreadful.

Good grief, Mugger Mason is really, really, REALLY laying it on thick with the ID theft doomsday scenarios. You won't be surprised to hear he has been a victim himself but luckily he now has the £3 ID protection stamps. I'm only surprised he hasn't got a similar product that cost £300.

What a horrid little man.

And he keeps them by the fish tank, the fish are sick of looking at them

How much was the fish tank!?

And he keeps them by the fish tank, the fish are sick of looking at them

How much was the fish tank!?

Dunno Momma but i'm sure it cost an absolute fortune.

I wonder if he keeps Piranhas? I bet he does.

What is it with Dr Cringles. They are Dr Cringles, it says that inside,, that's the brand, surely! ridiculous!

Something's gone on with the good Doctor. I wonder if Dr. (oops) Lewinn will have the same fate?

They still sell 10 pairs for £46 and pennies at the Wholesale website and they still call them Dr. Cringles

Something's gone on with the good Doctor. I wonder if Dr. (oops) Lewinn will have the same fate?

They still sell 10 pairs for £46 and pennies at the Wholesale website and they still call them Dr. Cringles

Dr Lewinn was a very well established brand Momma, it's sold on Tesco Direct and used to be sold in Debenhams and House of Fraser (it might still be in certain stores).

I don't know if something has changed with the company (a la Mondi), as far as I can see it now seems to mainly be stocked by smaller shops in the UK.

Dr Lewinn was a very well established brand Momma, it's sold on Tesco Direct and used to be sold in Debenhams and House of Fraser (it might still be in certain stores).

I don't know if something has changed with the company (a la Mondi), as far as I can see it now seems to mainly be stocked by smaller shops in the UK.

Are you auditioning? :wonder:

Are you auditioning? :wonder:

Ha Ha, it was a very well respected (and expensive) brand Momma but I just wonder if something has happened with the firm and it's maybe not as upmarket as it once was.

Dunno really, maybe they just got a load of bankrupt stock in?

Are Bod and Birkett sharing clothes? They certainly share similar presentation styles :sleepy:

He said watching his shows is a bit like Deja Vu. You said it Chris.

Last edited:
I've just been watching a clip from August 2011 with dirty Pete and some DR Cringles

He said the company had been going almost 20 years and were leaders in their field of comfort shoes.

Present day, they have disowned the good DR, even placing their thumbs over him while holding his shoe

You can't just make things up, you will be found out sooner or later

I found this video, where they were sold as Dr. Cringles much later - December 2012 according to the title. What's happened since then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKDD0RAnos

Bid are still advertising the Spring savers, and the ad says throughout the month of March.
Errrmmmm it is April now Bid, get it right !:giggle:

Chef Kate just made a pretty bold claim, she said 'I work behind the scenes on ALL the TV cookery programmes, i'm the one who prepares ALL the food for the celeb chefs'.

I must look out for her name in the credits of ALL the TV cookery programmes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't work on bid or price drop, £500 a month or week that's not enough not paying them enough that's why some are leaving and also they know it could be over within a few months or a year.Oh well nice knowing you sold us tat.ive never brought from these lot.Shame they couldn't get decent presenters and descents goods.

Chef Kate just made a pretty bold claim, she said 'I work behind the scenes on ALL the TV cookery programmes, i'm the one who prepares ALL the food for the celeb chefs'.

I must look out for her name in the credits of ALL the TV cookery programmes.

James Russell said "let's name drop like bejasus"......."name three chefs you've worked with"

She came up with James Martin, Jimmy and somebody (can't remember) but she struggled for a third and said James Russell :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back