General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frumplestiltskin is selling yet another shocking Kinkade, she usefully says 'we cannot devalue artwork'.

Yes we know Carolyn, on the contrary.

Frumplestiltskin is selling yet another shocking Kinkade, she usefully says 'we cannot devalue artwork'.

Yes we know Carolyn, on the contrary.

I wonder if Mr Kinkade thought of that whilst he was urinating over a statue of Winnie the Pooh?

Peter Sherlock is selling Caron Yuzu, he urged us to check out basenotes.com to see how many people love it so I did just that.

His definition of love must be totally different to mine but more importantly the vast majority of reviewers too.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26132448.html

Yesterday Peter looked in shock when a product (Sen) dropped to £4.99 and he proceeded to say he would prefer people NOT to buy this product as it was so cheap. I genuinely wish he would cut out the fake total surprise at 'low' prices, it really is becoming boring not to mention highly predictable. It's pretty condescending too.

Last edited:
Peter Sherlock is selling Caron Yuzu, he urged us to check out basenotes.com to see how many people love it so I did just that.

His definition of love must be totally different to mine but more importantly the vast majority of reviewers too.

Yesterday Peter looked in shock when a product (Sen) dropped to £4.99 and he proceeded to say he would prefer people NOT to buy this product as it was so cheap. I genuinely wish he would cut out the fake total surprise at 'low' prices, it really is becoming boring not to mention highly predictable. It's pretty condescending too.

I agree, the fake look of shock attempts are getting very tiresome. He (imo) obviously knows what it's worth.. what its been sold for previously.. and what it's going to sell for, It makes him seem very disingenuous as when you start to question the presenters credibility you can't possibly see the product he's selling in the same light as you would of. After all if a product is a bargain it will pretty much sell itself.

I agree, the fake look of shock attempts are getting very tiresome. He (imo) obviously knows what it's worth.. what its been sold for previously.. and what it's going to sell for, It makes him seem very disingenuous as when you start to question the presenters credibility you can't possibly see the product he's selling in the same light as you would of. After all if a product is a bargain it will pretty much sell itself.

I quite like Peter but at the end of the day I should remember he's a salesman, and for Sit Up.

For some daft reason I usually expect better from him than many of the others but I guess i'm just being naive.

I just find it all very, very patronising. And tedious.

Peter Sherlock never used to be like that. He was one of the few presenters I enjoyed watching, and by checking Google I'd find he would be telling the truth about what he was selling.

Not any more it seems. I know all the presenters seem to have to do the "act surprised" thing to flog tat these days, but it's a shame that Mr S is having to resort to this too.

It is condescending. And treating people like idiots is not a great way to build up brand awareness or confidence in the company.

sit-up has become the shopping telly equivalent of the spivs selling fake crap out of a suitcase in the street.

Peter Sherlock never used to be like that. He was one of the few presenters I enjoyed watching, and by checking Google I'd find he would be telling the truth about what he was selling.

Not any more it seems. I know all the presenters seem to have to do the "act surprised" thing to flog tat these days, but it's a shame that Mr S is having to resort to this too.

It is condescending. And treating people like idiots is not a great way to build up brand honesty or confidence in the company.

It would be easy to think that boat sailed long ago.

I've just been watching a clip from August 2011 with dirty Pete and some DR Cringles

He said the company had been going almost 20 years and were leaders in their field of comfort shoes.

Present day, they have disowned the good DR, even placing their thumbs over him while holding his shoe

You can't just make things up, you will be found out sooner or later

I've just been watching a clip from August 2011 with dirty Pete and some DR Cringles

He said the company had been going almost 20 years and were leaders in their field of comfort shoes.

Present day, they have disowned the good DR, even placing their thumbs over him while holding his shoe

You can't just make things up, you will be found out sooner or later

Oh so true Momma,

They got away with a lot, and for a long time but people just eventually got sick and tired and simply won't tolerate it anymore.

It's worked against them, I bet a lot of people are now complaining about even the slightest misdemeanor. But you reap what you sow.

Oh so true Momma,

They got away with a lot, and for a long time but people just eventually got sick and tired and simply won't tolerate it anymore.

It's worked against them, I bet a lot of people are now complaining about even the slightest misdemeanor. But you reap what you sow.

Exactly, I have no sympathy for whatever happens now

Exactly, I have no sympathy for whatever happens now

I'd like to think new owners could do something with these channels. Unfortunately as they are now it's grim, with many grim products and (with a few exceptions) as many grim presenters.

They are embarrassing to watch.

I'd like to think new owners could do something with these channels. Unfortunately as they are now it's grim, with many grim products and (with a few exceptions) as many grim presenters.

It is grim Wirral and you can see the decline snowballing every day.

Every hour/show/channel has the same old tat.

Personally I think that their reputation has now sunk so low it isn't salvagable and is worthless to prospective purchasers of the brand and/or channels, though if they changed their name to bid-up.tv and started doing rising price auctions...No, if they're selling exactly the same products.

Good luck in being the new "scroungers"* on the dole.

*according to the trash tabloid press, even though lots of people are desperately chasing the same few jobs and banks are rarely lending money to businesses for job creation

It is grim Wirral and you can see the decline snowballing every day.

Every hour/show/channel has the same old tat.

It's dire Momma, I think when they drag a couple of characters like Alan & Barry onboard you kind of think that previous poster might be onto something.

Personally I think that their reputation has now sunk so low it isn't salvagable and is worthless to prospective purchasers of the brand and/or channels, though if they changed their name to bid-up.tv and started doing rising price auctions...No, if they're selling exactly the same products.

Good luck in being the new "scroungers"* on the dole.

*according to the trash tabloid press, even though lots of people are desperately chasing the same few jobs and banks are rarely lending money to businesses for job creation

Indeed, I think their name is getting muddier by the day.

Yes same old tat hour in hour out.Who thinks situp will be bankrupt in a year ?

Yes same old tat hour in hour out.Who thinks situp will be bankrupt in a year ?

I hope not but they need to do something drastic to improve.

I wouldn't like to be the person charged with turning them around though, they have their hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back