Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I seem to remember Big Jake trotting out some saga about how these pearls had something to do with Mikimoto. I’m not joking and I’m sure someone will remember but he hyped them up big time.They’re all pushing the agenda that the pearl industry is on its knees too.

If Jake told me that the Sky is blue, I'd have to go outside to check.

He's one of the biggest problems with the channel in my opinion.

Adina is presenting some chalcedony but can't even pronounce the gem name properly.She says ChalcedonAy.AJP my eye.
🤣 yes, the AJP really means not very much. It's similar to doing Home Economics for one term a year at school (yikes, am I that old?!) and expecting to win MasterChef. Talking of school, a friend of mine became a Jeweller - or, rather, a member of staff at a high street jewellers - and banged on in a very superior tone about his expertise. 🙄

I wonder how Jainey feels about almost identical Gem Auras stuff being rebranded as Kimbie (and where did that silly name come from btw?!) and being flogged instead of all her stuff on the run up to Christmas. Adina is really shouting tonight too, what is going on?!

Adina has just referred to a cheap candle as an auction house piece.....

Never heard of eBay referred to as an auction house before.......... ;)

Kimbie comes from kimberlite, the host matrix rock for diamonds 💎 I wish it wasn't plastered all over the stuff though.

Get it from Temu, unbranded, for 1/3rd of the price. Almost everything I've seen in the Kimbie range has been available from there so far.

I wonder how Jainey feels about almost identical Gem Auras stuff being rebranded as Kimbie (and where did that silly name come from btw?!) and being flogged instead of all her stuff on the run up to Christmas. Adina is really shouting tonight too, what is going on?!

I don't think she's that bothered because she'd noticeably cut tight back on all the Gem Auras stuff this year anyway and barely appeared on-air.

I think she's packed all this kind of stuff up now and gone into the crystal therapy/healing nonsense with clients visiting her home, etc - similar to how Lynn Jinks has in her spare time (I suspect this is why Lynn has just announced that she's switching to morning shows not too - so it frees up her afternoons to do her side project from home).

The Kimbie name - that was explained on air and I can't remember what was said now (I barely pay attention to their waffle now). It wasn't anything to do with Kimberlite though.

Jainey is launching her own range. I'm not sure how it will go, but we will see. Some of the same old products, advent candles and the like. I like some of the smells of some of her candles. But, as many of you know I have been a practising initiated Wiccan for 40 years and some of the oils she uses for certain purposes make no sense to me. Intent is all but most serious pagans believe that using certain herbs, essences etc for certain purposes can boost that intent by working on you, psychologically, and also their own vibration. For example, there is a reason companies scent cleaning products with scents like rosemary, pine and lemon - we associate those smells with clean, so they reassure us our home is clean. Using the right scents can, at the very least, help put you in the right frame of mind.
But Jainey uses stuff that although it smells lovely and I burn them for that - I like her Christmas spruce at the Winter Solstice, it scents the whole house and suits the season - some of her choices are a bit questionable for me. Never would use a clean linen fragrance for a moon candle. So, yes, for a diehard, ancient pagan it's a bit half-hearted and for the tourists. But if people get comfort from it I guess it has value - I'm sure it lines Jainey's pockets nicely. Maybe I am just set in my ways. But Gemporia's failed CSE level attempts at anything metaphysical are - to me - laughable.

Never heard of eBay referred to as an auction house before.......... ;)

Get it from Temu, unbranded, for 1/3rd of the price. Almost everything I've seen in the Kimbie range has been available from there so far.

I don't think she's that bothered because she'd noticeably cut tight back on all the Gem Auras stuff this year anyway and barely appeared on-air.

I think she's packed all this kind of stuff up now and gone into the crystal therapy/healing nonsense with clients visiting her home, etc - similar to how Lynn Jinks has in her spare time (I suspect this is why Lynn has just announced that she's switching to morning shows not too - so it frees up her afternoons to do her side project from home).

The Kimbie name - that was explained on air and I can't remember what was said now (I barely pay attention to their waffle now). It wasn't anything to do with Kimberlite though.
That's how it was explained by Caroline 🤷🏼‍♀️

No, not my taste either.
I saw them for a lot less on TJC a while back! I looked at gems today I honestly can't believe the tat Ellis was trying to sell at ridiculous prices. Angeline yesterday was pitiful with her false " you must have this" Jess is as bad now. How desperate they must be to lie to thousands of people just to be on television. They are ALL a disgrace and I don't think it will ever change now apart from them getting worse.The presenters on other channels are all selling items which they probably know are not worth the money but at least they are more subtle .

Adina is selling bath bombs with clear quartz and showed a video of her using it in a bath.It didn’t do anything much but when she showed the supposed results she used a blue light giving the false impression that the bath bomb had caused this.Everything they do on this channel is dodgy somehow.

Adina is selling bath bombs with clear quartz and showed a video of her using it in a bath.It didn’t do anything much but when she showed the supposed results she used a blue light giving the false impression that the bath bomb had caused this.Everything they do on this channel is dodgy somehow.
It really is and how blatant they are

There is definitely something dodgy going on at Gemporia. I have a sneaking suspicion that the company will soon be renamed David Harry Jewels. All the main protagonists are already in place - Dave Troth and Hannah Bennett-Thompson are co-owners of David Harry Jewels and, of course, Hannah is Jake Thompson's wife. So, a nice cosy little arrangement all round. This too would be in keeping with Steve Bennett's mantra of a family owned business, as he is Hannah's dad.
Okay, so this is just a hunch on my part but it would, perhaps, explain Troth's constant, daily appearances on our screens, acting like he owns the place & the deference of the Presenters, hanging on his every word! By the way, please google David Harry Jewels, where Troth says "I am David Harry." I thought he was David Troth? 🤔
Anyway, I'm probably way off the mark with this, 🤣
but I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions, please.

I can think of many names for Dave Troth - none of which I can post on here without being banned.

As for Gemporia - if they don't survive, they'll just go under completely. IF they manage to survive until next March (12 months on from when they made the last redundancies and when all of their problems became 'public'), then it won't be because anything has changed on-air. It'll be because of the huge profit mark-ups on Troth's Jadeite and all of the Kimbie stuff that can be found on Temu for far less.

That might be great for them short term - but once the masses (rather than a few people on this forum) discover just how much money they can save by buying all this Jadeite tat from elsewhere, and by buying their Kimbie stuff from Temu, they'll have lost a lot of trust with customers that are still 'on the fence' at the moment.

They've already lost a lot of customers due to lack of trust - and I suspect many more will be on the way in the near future.

Latest posts

Back