Gaudy beads on elastic. Hola Lola

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I own quite a selection of LR jewellery , mostly the statement pieces and I love most of them (for reasons already mentioned). Wear them often, too. On most occasions I receive compliments on the jewellery from people I know as well as strangers that I've never met before. Many of my friends who range from British, French, Spanish, some Japanese, and Americans, who are across different age groups, as well - have ALL responded to the LR pieces in an admiring way. I've had strangers approaching me on holiday, supermarket and of all places in a hospital (!), commenting on the beautiful jewellery. It obviously appeals to many...but evidently, not to all. We are all different and have different likes and dislikes.

I have to admit though, before I ever bought any LR, just watching it on screen and some of the pictures on the web (especially the coloured stones) I was also under the impression of it being like plastic. That's not the case in real life. It's obvious that is a semi precious stone, beautifully carved and polished, made with an attention to detail. LR is quality. It's also made in UK, partly a reason for the cost being high. Personally, most of my LR stuff is bought in the sales. I dislike paying a mark up just for the "name". If the designer can afford to put TONS of her jewellery each season up for sale, then it means you are only paying full price to line her pockets. Sale is the way to go, although you might miss out on the best pieces if you are not fast enough!

I thought the "stones" are carved in the far east;and probably strung out their too. I suspect Nicki can't believe her luck but she must realise the Lola look won't be popular forever; she's tried to diversify with the silk scarves but they didn't really catch on.

She needs to maximise sales now before the bubble bursts.

Jude xx

In the early days Nikki herself has said on air, that the jewellery is hand made in Britain. If that has changed now, I don't know... If indeed nowdays the line is produced in the Far East as claimed, then it's more of a rip off than I previously thought (considering the workers there are only paid peanuts!). Still...does not change the fact that it's very beautiful, good quality jewellery, all be it expensive.

I don't mind the Lola Rose style jewellery, it looks like throwaway summer jewellery, but 'cause it's Lola Rose it costs a small fortune..probably 'cause the brand was seen being bought, or worn by a celeb at some stage. I've got a few bits like that but I wasn't stupid enough to buy the real thing..after all nobody can tell it's Lola Rose unless you stick the receipt to it! It's a rip off tbh!

I don't know for definite where they're made, I might be selling her short. I just thought it unlikey she bought the rough gemstones then dyed and carved them here. She says she started at home so I imagine she bought ready made beads originating from the Far East and strung them herself.

Jude xx

I've trawled the web and cannot find any info as to where the jewellery is actually made...it is probably China.

her carved flowers are very beautifull. imo there are a lot of looky likey lola rose stuff but nothing compares to her high end stuff. even the smaller pieces are just beautifull as someone said earlier.

From what ive seen of Lola Rose on screen it looks gorgeous and im envious of those of you who own a collection as i have none yet. I love opaque stones and own quite a lot of south western silver pieces and some blue sandstone which i adore. I will always kick myself for not getting the coral coloured Emilia heart necklace when it was a Lola TSV as I reckon that was good value.

Bauble if you want to get some pieces keep an eye on the Lola Rose website as she has fantastic sales at least twice a year - roughly June and December ish. Things are usually 50% off and anything that hangs around gets reduced to 70% off. Brand Alley also have regular Lola Rose sales too, although I find that sometimes pieces from them can look a bit worse for wear. There's also Last Clicks and Clearance at QVC that can have some great bargains. That's the way I have got my collection together - I wouldn't pay full price as I do agree that it is overpriced and as I feel I bought quite cannily, I get more pleasure from my jewellery.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we are all so very different. I do not like Suarti all that much, but have been given a opal triplet ring which I thoroughly enjoy wearing, Lola rose is hit and miss with me, but some pieces are lovely, and it has to be mentioned that the bigger then semiprecious gemstones, the more expensive they are. hate Butler and Wlson, jet have been given a keyring I enjoy using.
Good thing we are all so different

I totally agree about us all being different but it doesn`t follow that with things I don`t think are for me that I don`t think they look lovely on and suit others..its the same with clothes isn`t it? Sometimes we like the look of something and when we try it ......well wish we hadn`t as it can be so depressing when it doesn`t look good!!.. lol I love the look of LR though I think its expensive and for me its the cord its on that puts me off I always think does it get soiled in summer (when we get one that is) when we get hot. Although I never like the earrings as they always look too big and I don`t like shepherd hooks anyway

Well a quick dig on the Internet shows that she uses a factory in Hong Kong and has done since almost the very beginning. There's an article about her business and also nikki mentions colleagues in Hong Kong in her blog.

can anyone tell me if then name that's given to the pieces is on the card or anything? just wondering for gifts - to give to someone with that name.

You make some good points Madaboutdogs! I love Lola Rose, but I've recently wondered too about what to do if the cords get grubby: I reckon I could give them a gentle hand wash (using my L'occitane liquid soap lol!) and pat them lovingly dry. Funnily enough, I didn't really think about this until recently with the drawstring bracelets because before them, I've bought the elastic ones where only the stones touch your skin.

I agree with you on the earrings too: I think they look a bit heavy - but no doubt will/are getting smaller into the future as the bracelets seem to have done - it's the natural gemstones, of course, these just have weight to them and that's that! Not a fan of shepherd hooks either (because I don't like to see the stretched ear piercing hole and don't like the swinging about stretching it further!!). I go for small stud earrings, myself, and have a couple of pairs of very lightweight danglers with stud fastenings at the top for when I go out to the rare evening 'do'.

Janie, there's a small beribboned tag with 'Lola Rose' on it enclosed, plus there's the Lola Rose velvet pouch with 'Lola Rose' on the ribbons that tie it shut. BUT, there's not the actual name of the individual item anywhere to be seen (unlike the Kipling monkey's with their individual names lol!!).

thanks for thatv mariecat. so if i bought say, a 'ruth' necklace for my friend ruth, would just have to tell her, oh it's called ruth. seems a shame.

can anyone tell me if then name that's given to the pieces is on the card or anything? just wondering for gifts - to give to someone with that name.

the names of the jewellery is not on the cards (lol) but what a good idea that would be for gifting. lola rose could do that if requested nice touch!

Yes, it is a shame jamie! I'd never thought about this before because, unlike you, I'm very selfish and only buy Lola Rose for myself! (Wish I had a friend like you LOL!!) But, I think you've actually pointed out what could be a selling point for Nikki and Lola Rose: they could put the individual names on an enclosed tag - that would be lovely!

mariecat - she's a special friend with a special birthday coming up ;)

if lola rose/qvc/nikki are watching - i'll take 10% thenkyu :tongue:

Latest posts

Back