Gaudy beads on elastic. Hola Lola

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
If anything on QVC qualified for Overpriced tat it surely would be Lola Rose.

Clunky and ugly are two words that come to mind.

Two more are plasticky and cheap.

But of course they're not cheap. Can anyone explain th popularity?

Nor me! But then I am not a jewellery person. Wedding ring and a watch, that's my limit!

'Tis Lola Doze, actually. Nikki is so utterly boring and monotonous that she - unintentionally, of course - hypnotises people into buying her stuff.

Close your eyes now ... ZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like the weight and the feel of the stones. They are cold to start and then warm to my body temperature, they are smooth and pleasant to stroke and touch when I'm suffering from nervous boredom. I love the large rings and wear a piece of Lola Rose most days. The price is due to attention to detail, design and sourcing the right quality of stones. I'd rather pay a higher price for an original Lola Rose item than a cheaper copy. Call me crazy bit, hey, it's my money.

i like jewellery,I just think its overpriced for what it is.I've bought 2 pieces in the past and am so underwhelmed when they arrive.

That said i get Lola r more than I get Gatineau,elemis,decleor etc....

But then I like kipling bags that most people dislike.

We're all different

I like the weight and the feel of the stones. They are cold to start and then warm to my body temperature, they are smooth and pleasant to stroke and touch when I'm suffering from nervous boredom. I love the large rings and wear a piece of Lola Rose most days. The price is due to attention to detail, design and sourcing the right quality of stones. I'd rather pay a higher price for an original Lola Rose item than a cheaper copy. Call me crazy bit, hey, it's my money.

Lola Rose does not own the patent on this. Check out Mandy's Gemstones on Ebay. :up:

I like some Lola Rose pieces,most of my costume jewellery is LR or Pilgrim.
I don't wear gold or silver and only wear diamond stud earrings.LR is very well made and feels very nice to wear and it works for me.
I hate Butler Wilson tat and Suarti style stuff and like Rainbow I would rather buy LR than the overpriced skincare that does nothing!

Thanks dingledangle.I have bought pearls from Mandy's Gemstones on Ebay before and was delighted by the quality and the price. Although the gemstone range is similar the fastenings aren't as good as the Lola Rose designs and the rings aren't much to my liking, either. I keep looking, though, as I'd love a laboradite piece of jewellery and, as far as I know, Lola Rose hasn't done any.

I thought the same about Lola Rose until I bought some just to see what all the fuss was about and really liked it. It is overpriced - even though the quality is generally very good you are paying a premium for the name. I make it more reasonable by only ever buying from Last Clicks or the Lola Rose sales and getting the lovely pieces at good prices adds to my enjoyment of expanding my collection

Lola Rose is certainly not plasticky and is usually well made, however I agree that, as with every designer name, it is overpriced. LR's own sales can be good and Brand Alley sometimes have very good deals, you just have to keep watching the site.

I thought the same about Lola Rose until I bought some just to see what all the fuss was about and really liked it. It is overpriced - even though the quality is generally very good you are paying a premium for the name. I make it more reasonable by only ever buying from Last Clicks or the Lola Rose sales and getting the lovely pieces at good prices adds to my enjoyment of expanding my collection

absolutely you can pick up pieces very cheaply e-bay, qvc last clicks and nikki has some really good sales. i have bought some lola rose from liberty for 80% off so deals to be had and the quality is usually very good.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we are all so very different. I do not like Suarti all that much, but have been given a opal triplet ring which I thoroughly enjoy wearing, Lola rose is hit and miss with me, but some pieces are lovely, and it has to be mentioned that the bigger then semiprecious gemstones, the more expensive they are. hate Butler and Wlson, jet have been given a keyring I enjoy using.
Good thing we are all so different

I'd rather save and put the extra money I would have paid on her stuff for a reall diamond ring or something...if she didn't have a posh voice it probably wouldn't sell ....but then I guess that goes for a lot of things in life :thinking:

It's not my thing, and definitely overpriced, but lots of people would think the same about the jewellery I like - good job there's plenty of different ranges!

I bought the last tsv bracelet and another bracelet to see - as people raved about it. Whilst they were ok I could not stand the jingle jangle of the rocks on the end of the fastening. That would drive me up the wall. So they went back. Might try one of the stretch styles as the quality was good. Still don't think they are something to rave over but just ok. I have better pieces I have got from M&S and John Lewis etc for around a fiver.

I love lola rose! The attractions are: semi-precious gemstones (not plastic!) and if you're into gemstone 'meanings' this makes them so attractive, you can have metal-free loveliness in your jewellery, it is beautifully designed and looks and feels great on - a cut above poorer lookalikes out there.

From what ive seen of Lola Rose on screen it looks gorgeous and im envious of those of you who own a collection as i have none yet. I love opaque stones and own quite a lot of south western silver pieces and some blue sandstone which i adore. I will always kick myself for not getting the coral coloured Emilia heart necklace when it was a Lola TSV as I reckon that was good value.

Another Lola Rose fan here and although there are alternatives out there I still love the more expensive Lola Rose pieces. I'm particularly fond of her bracelets. I haven't got that many but prefer some of the newer smaller styles like Bambi, Velma and the wee ones with the silver charms. Not the cheapest but I do love them.

As I've said before though I buy jewellery with my heart and not my head. If I love it I want it. Didn't buy anything over the weekend though.

I have some LR pieces which I like & get a lot of wear out of.I did order ( & think they were on last night) the heart necklace with matching bracelet ( was this a TSV?) & heart with silver drop earings.When I received & was just not impressed so returned immediately.If I were to buy LR it would have to be something quite different to tempt me.

Latest posts

Back