Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually, females do need a certain amount of body fat to protect the bones against osteoporosis.

Actually, females do need a certain amount of body fat to protect the bones against osteoporosis.

Very true. Vitamins A, D, E and K are all fat-soluble.

Vitamins A and E help immune, vision and skin
Vitamin D helps bones and teeth
Vitamin K helps blood-clotting

So the lack of body-fat could be adversely affecting quite a lot of important actions.

20% of osteoporosis occurs in men from what I've read. Obviously they don't get menopause (lucky them) so that can't explain it for them.

By keeping fit she's doing everything she can to maintain a healthy lifestyle and prolong her life. Personally I don't see what the problem is. Being a bit overweight to soften the face and wrinkles is not a healthy lifestyle choice!

Yes I don't think her hair suits her and the clothes she wears don't do her any justice, but to be nasty about her because she's slim, fit and active I think is a bit of a poor show.

That's just the thing "a healthy lifestyle" it is possible that too much excersise can actually be unhealthy. Everything in moderation.

I am not her biggest fan but there was some really nasty comments about her weight on Facebook yesterday. I think she does a good job at selling but her style is to reaffirm everything a guest says, Listen next time she is on 'This a great mascara it gives you lenght' JF 'Yes it is great it gives me length' and on it goes. She just repeats back what people tell her.

I do agree Jill isnt looking her best atm but i dont find it sad that people can say what they want about a thin person however if you said the same about a larger person you would be lynched.

I do agree Jill isnt looking her best atm but i dont find it sad that people can say what they want about a thin person however if you said the same about a larger person you would be lynched.

Seems to me the larger the person the more you have to like them as they are classed as real women.

Seems to me the larger the person the more you have to like them as they are classed as real women.

I hate that term that QVC "designers" throw around "we design for reall woman" obviously women below a size ten aren't real woman, they're pretend women................must just add I'm a real woman because I'm a size 18, yep, I'm not pretending to be one, I am actually real, moving parts and everything. :mysmilie_14:

I think the big difference is the fringe.She is growing it out and it no longer disguises the frown lines .i keep saying to my hairdresser I want to grow out my fringe but it covers up a multitude of horrors on my forehead so I still keep it,albeit I now have it thinned out more.

At Jill's age it's likely she is hitting menopause and if it hits hard your looks, hair ,conidence,everything, starts taking a battering ,so I'm not going to criticise her looks because its hard enough going through it.

I think the big difference is the fringe.She is growing it out and it no longer disguises the frown lines .i keep saying to my hairdresser I want to grow out my fringe but it covers up a multitude of horrors on my forehead so I still keep it,albeit I now have it thinned out more.

At Jill's age it's likely she is hitting menopause and if it hits hard your looks, hair ,conidence,everything, starts taking a battering ,so I'm not going to criticise her looks because its hard enough going through it.

That's a very fair point, Turandot.

It may be that growing the fringe out will be a short-lived experiment, but at least she seems to be giving it a fair go. No more :emo: from her - but the other presenters can make up for it I'm sure...

I hate that term that QVC "designers" throw around "we design for reall woman" obviously women below a size ten aren't real woman, they're pretend women................must just add I'm a real woman because I'm a size 18, yep, I'm not pretending to be one, I am actually real, moving parts and everything. :mysmilie_14:

Couldn't help but chuckle at this....... 'design for real women' as opposed to what ? transvestites ? I'm surprised the pc thought police haven't pounced on this - they do for everything else.

I don't think she looks well, whatever it is. It could well be the menopause, but that involves weight gain rather than weight loss. She's certainly not the bonny lass she was in that photo.

And yup, brissles, agreed. Why shouldn't smaller sizes be as real as bigger sizes? Come on, pc brigade, you've missed a trick here!

On the photo there's actually some roundness in her cheeks although she still looks slim but now her cheeks just look hollow. Whatever the reason she doesn't look great at the moment.

Talking about health issues, I get angry when I hear of women buying kelp to effect weight loss. It messes up the thyroid gland by making it overactive and health food shops shelves were emptied when a very ill advised feature appeared on morning TV.

Seaweed is in spirulina. Taken from Wiki: Seaweed extract is used in some diet pills. Other seaweed pills exploit the same effect as gastric banding, expanding in the stomach to make the body feel more full.

Don't mess with the body.

Couldn't help but chuckle at this....... 'design for real women' as opposed to what ? transvestites ? I'm surprised the pc thought police haven't pounced on this - they do for everything else.

Real women as in "post pubescent" or fully developed, like a fully developed adult female is supposed to look when she becomes fertile. This means breasts, hips, periods and dare I say it hairy bits! I don't like to describe anyone as not a "real" woman but I think this is where the term has come from. A woman who is undernourished and unhealthily skinny, with bones sticking out, no breasts, no hips etc would be suffering from an illness and may have stopped having periods, and therefore is "too thin" to conceive. I must stress that I realise many women don't want to conceive or can't, that's not the point I am making. I am just commenting on the female form as mother nature intended to try to understand where the term "real woman" may have come from.

Did anyone else see JF Presenting the steam mop last night in 6" wedges she made that stupid little man with her (Phil?) look like a shortsighted munchkin he was so much shorter than her and kept squinting through his extra thick specs. I thought i was watching some god awful experimental comedy show.
As for Ms Franks she def is too skinny her knees are the same width as her thighs her legs looked like two empty biros. I wish she'd present the food hours so she could have a snack.

Last edited:
Did anyone else see JF Presenting the steam mop last night in 6" wedges she made that stupid little man with her (Phil?) look like a shortsighted munchkin he was so much shorter than her and kept squinting through his extra thick specs. I thought i was watching some god awful experimental comedy show.
As for Ms Franks she def is too skinny her knees are the same width as her thighs her legs looked like two empty biros. I wish she'd present the food hours so she could have a snack.

I caught a glimpse of her and she did look grossly underweight, QVC should act like responsible employers and point it out. As for Phil, I'm afraid as soon as I hear "kills 99% of E-Colii, Salm........... the channel can't be changed quick enough.

Latest posts

Back