Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well she looks the same as always to me apart from her hair which look a slightly different colour and she has clipped that ****** fringe back so looks like she's growing it out. In fact in the couple of minutes I've just seen she looks quite healthy and tanned.

A woman pushing 50 with a fringe clip looks institutionalised. She needs to borrow a clip fringe whilst she is growing hers out.

I think Jill looks good in the skinny jeans and the blue patterned top she's currently wearing on the Mr Max show. Not keen on the cardi she's got on with it. Blue is a really good colour on her. Generally she looks better with a bright pop of colour, rather than pastels, and definitely better than dark colours.

I'm guessing the jeans are her own, although the top and cardi are Mr Max (who miraculously do a top small enough to fit her (or she's been pinned into it).

She did make a boo-boo earlier in the show, saying the item was 100% polyester. She was reading the wrong bit of info (it was one of the chiffon trimmed items) as the principle composition of the garment was viscose, but generally she's making sure the essential information is being given on the products.

Definitely seems to be growing out that fringe.

Just caught a glimpse of her on the Max show. I thought she looked skinny and drawn and OH asked if she was the one who'd been ill. The fringe is a disaster. Really, now is the time to soften your look, not to look more angular and my concern is that she isn't very well, tan or no tan.

Healthy teeth are not determined by their colour - I don't think Jill's teeth need a good clean - no spinach poking out or anything. Teeth do change colour with age and if you have sensitivities then whitening is not always possible. Her teeth are normal - we have become conditioned to now seeing ultra-white gnashers which are quite a recent arrival. You only have to look at TV from the 80s backwards to see that.

As to being 'scrawny', she looks healthy enough to me. She is a fitness fan and a runner - that changes your physique.

Her teeth look yellow as though she's gone overboard on the ciggies and coffee, she needn't have glowing whithe teeth but she's in a profession where appearance counts and her teeth DO LOOK DISCOLOURED. Fact.
Any old whitening toothpaste will improve the look of her teeth.
As for her physique she's overdone whatever she's doing, I'm reminded of the law of diminishing returns when whatever you are doing to stay fit is making you look sick and unfit. Yes in my oppinion she does look scrawny.
Well done you for jumping to her defence, but loyalty doesn't change the truth or other people's opinions

Just caught a glimpse of her and she looks ****** dreadful,she talks with a frown on her face which shows all the lines on her forehead and I don't think it's my TV but she looks really orange.

i think the thick eyebrows make her look less attractive. some people dont want to be normal weight. jill likes being the way she looks. but in real life she must look very tiny

i think the thick eyebrows make her look less attractive. some people dont want to be normal weight. jill likes being the way she looks. but in real life she must look very tiny

I have a friend who is a very similar build and size to Jill, and she looks skinny but healthy (and I feel like land of the giants next to her) :mysmilie_5:

I don't know whether Jill is a smoker being heavily into fitness and all that-but her skin and mouth lines give the appearance of someone who has smoked or is a smoker.

I don't know whether Jill is a smoker being heavily into fitness and all that-but her skin and mouth lines give the appearance of someone who has smoked or is a smoker.

True but it could just be lack of sufficient body fat. Everyone knows that "plumper"faces look younger.

I found this photo of Jill from a few years ago , what a difference (and yes i know everyone ages etc but i think its the hair being lighter makes a world of difference) ....

jill_snagged.jpg.jpg

I found this photo of Jill from a few years ago , what a difference (and yes i know everyone ages etc but i think its the hair being lighter makes a world of difference) ....

View attachment 10819

Wow, she looks really pretty. I remember when she first started QVC but not what she looked like, just goes to show you that taking excersise too far can have a detrimental effect.

She looks lovely in that photo and the hair suited her then, but now ... I watched a recording of Mr Max and she looked gaunt, wrinkled and, well, orange. Her face has changed shape, so should her hairstyle. It really stood out in comparison with the lovely US guest lady. Jill, enough is enough. Stop over-exercising, eat sensibly (you wouldn't be obese if you ate just a little more) and get a restyle. But my main concern is that she's not well and the fake tan is to cover up.

I think it's real tan........hasn't she just been to Florida?
I was cringing during the Mr Max show, she was being really rude and dismissive to the lovely guest

Funny we're all different - I think Jill looks well-groomed but really unattractive in that picture - can't pinpoint what it is exactly but definitely not pretty in my opinion.

I found this interesting article on the subject of whether running is aging or not.

Seems it could be that the environment in which you run, and the distances you cover can make you look older, especially as the fat stored is much less for distance runners. I get the impression that while Jill is not out there doing a marathon every other week, she does a fair distance, and could fall into this category.

But for all our concerns or criticisms, she's probably laughing on the inside because her body age could well be improved (and there is now plenty of science to show that restricting calorie intake can have life-extending effects) - you only have to read The FAST Diet by Michael Moseley (or watch the BBC program where he interviews some of the researchers) to see this.

By keeping fit she's doing everything she can to maintain a healthy lifestyle and prolong her life. Personally I don't see what the problem is. Being a bit overweight to soften the face and wrinkles is not a healthy lifestyle choice!

Yes I don't think her hair suits her and the clothes she wears don't do her any justice, but to be nasty about her because she's slim, fit and active I think is a bit of a poor show.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back