Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mally is one of those people you could happily stick their head down the toilet just to ruin that perfect makeup , AND that voice.
Another candidate would be Kelly Hoppen to decimate those curls AND that voice.
Then Sara Griffiths to let the eyebrows swim free

She does seem to like the prepubescent girl look. Not unusual for those suffering anorexia which is a sad observation. Has she ever had children?

I don't think Jill has any children - her bulldogs are her children, aren't they? I don't think they've found Scruncher, sadly. There are often retweets of searches for him and other people's missing dogs in Jill's Twitter feed that you can see on her blog page. I suppose that Jill has Mr Bojangles, and maybe has another one to keep him company.

She does seem to like the prepubescent girl look. Not unusual for those suffering anorexia which is a sad observation. Has she ever had children?

I don't think she is anorexic and it's unfair to raise that as a possibility as it is a serious mental health issue - she is naturally thin and enjoys her exercise. I feel sorry for the skinnies in society that can't gain weight - why do we assume they are ill? Runners particularly can look very wiry and unhealthy.

Also, I don't get what having children (or not) has to do with anything - it's not always by choice so, again, it's a bit unfair to draw assumptions from that.

I don't think she is anorexic and it's unfair to raise that as a possibility as it is a serious mental health issue - she is naturally thin and enjoys her exercise. I feel sorry for the skinnies in society that can't gain weight - why do we assume they are ill? Runners particularly can look very wiry and unhealthy.

Also, I don't get what having children (or not) has to do with anything - it's not always by choice so, again, it's a bit unfair to draw assumptions from that.

I'm not particularly a Jill fan but was genuinely concerned that her size might not be purely vanity as she reminds me of a friend who was ill. I asked about children as you in general need to be a healthy weight to have been able to conceive. I don't know much about her only from seeing her on QVC over the last 18 months but she doesn't look like a naturally ultra thin person.

I'm sorry to have offended but I was actually trying to be understanding rather than be nasty.

She's too thin and tries too hard to be an age she'll never be again. I've said it before (and got shouted down by all and sundry a while back) - ALL of them need to cut out the long and lank hair and/or get it restyled to suit their faces. Sorry, folks, but you'll never convince me that keeping long, lank hair makes you look younger. Nothing smacks of mutton and lamb more than someone who's trying to get away with a hairstyle that they used to be able to get away with in their teens. You need a style that will suit your changing bone structure and long and lank doesn't do it.

I think it's sad that they feel they have to try to be an age they aren't and it must be a strain. But it's their choice and if the job didn't pay well, they wouldn't put themselves through it, would they?

Well one she does not have botox or fillers, so easy to see with the fringe now swept aside. If she were so vain she would have those, the fact she shows her forehead for one.

The hair, my friend has hair the same. Its not lank just very very straight and not much you can do with hair like that, it won't hold a curl well not without a full tin of hairspray and only for an hour. The heated curlers never worked for her either again without the tin of hairspray. Jill's is very shiny, which is usually an indicator someone's in good health. The women who starve themselves to a Zero usually have awful hair. I remember when she first started at QVC she only did the keep fit shows, she had a degree in that field.

I flicked over last night just to see what she looked like, expecting from this thread her to be a skeleton. Actually apart from the hair now swept to the side she looks exactly the same.

Thatu I totally agree with your about the hair it looks dreadful on older women and JF would do well to have a good cut and style along with a few of the other presenters. I have very fine hair And find short styles are so much better for me as I've got older. As a teenager in the late fifties and early sixties I had very long hair with Ponytail and then the big Bouffant style but when I turned twenty I had it cut a bit shorter and have kept it much shorter ever since. I think Jilly, Julia and Clare could all do with a good hair cut. I know lots of people on here will disagree with me but this is my opinion.

I'm not into JF bashing but I had to turn her off in the end, in the late Mally show. Not because of how she looks but the constant 'I this...' and 'I that...' - her supersize ego needs to be reigned in! And it really grates that she constantly tries to make us believe that whichever brand she's on with is the only one in the world she uses and wouldn't possibly be without. I would have ended up chucking something at the TV but I can't afford to replace it, so I turned over instead!

I'm not particularly a Jill fan but was genuinely concerned that her size might not be purely vanity as she reminds me of a friend who was ill. I asked about children as you in general need to be a healthy weight to have been able to conceive. I don't know much about her only from seeing her on QVC over the last 18 months but she doesn't look like a naturally ultra thin person.

I'm sorry to have offended but I was actually trying to be understanding rather than be nasty.

You were neither malicious nor offending, as others seem to feel and create an argument, so don't worry.

It IS possible to give straight hair bounce, chop it to bob length with long layers and then use large rollers for volume -it works for me and I've baby fine straight hair naturally. I think JF is clinging to being in her 20's - her body may still be there but her face certainly isn't, and a softening style is needed.

Hair has nothing to do with length per se but rather suitable style for your face AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME (not when you were 18) and more than anything condition, condition, condition. Sorry to disagree with those who think JF's is shiny, I think it always looks dull, lank and greasy.

Somebody nip on set and give her a hairgrip!

I think they were listening over at QVC Towers!!!

Jill is wearing a hair grip tonight (on with Kelly Hoppen TSV right now and again at 11pm with Elemis. I wonder if she's growing the fringe out?

I think for very fine, poker-straight hair which is not abundant, I think she generally makes the best of what she's got, within the confines of her never-changing styles.

I suspect a shorter length might help her to get more body into her hair and keep it. Mind you, as she's a keen runner, having hair long enough to completely tie back out of her face makes sense.

She looks less tired tonight - but is wearing a black top that looks like it's got a gold bacofoil strip down the middle.

AlimK said that the green top she was wearing on the Eek show had been given to her by JF. Apparently it was an Annalee+Hope one. Well that was one unwanted freebie!

AlimK said that the green top she was wearing on the Eek show had been given to her by JF. Apparently it was an Annalee+Hope one. Well that was one unwanted freebie!

I think it is incredible, and very arrogant, to gush about stuff she can barely disguise her distain for, and still expect us to be good little sheep and "jump to those phones" to buy the stuff she can't wait to get off. We really aren't that stupid.

I think while 1 colour of the KH TSV has gone, this is another TSV they are having to push hard till the close of the day. In Debbie's absence, that job so often falls to Jill.

Hair has nothing to do with length per se but rather suitable style for your face AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME (not when you were 18) and more than anything condition, condition, condition. Sorry to disagree with those who think JF's is shiny, I think it always looks dull, lank and greasy.

Really you think that is greasy and lank, sorry but you are talking rubbish. Go google greasy lank hair, nothing like JF's.

Here is lank fine greasy hair

http://hautehairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2461848949_5e5352a38c.jpg

Really you think that is greasy and lank, sorry but you are talking rubbish. Go google greasy lank hair, nothing like JF's.

Here is lank fine greasy hair

http://hautehairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2461848949_5e5352a38c.jpg

You can't really make a comparison between that picture and JF, firstly there's different levels off greasy from mild to heavily like that picture, secondly it would help if that woman would've put a brush through it. Looking like you've been dragged through a greasy hedge backwards is never a good look for anyone.

I think Jill's hair is always clean and shiny and I think long hair suits her. I don't think a shorter style would suit her at all.

The only beef I had with her hair was the fringe in her eyes, and maybe she is sorting that out now.

Her teeth need a good clean too and she needs a few good meals she looks too scrawny, I do hope she isn't as unwell as she looks

Perhaps she has overdone the Pilates and dieting. When you get to a certain age the lack of subcutaneous fat makes us look very haggered and dragged too much muscle work and a restrictive diet adds to the worn out effect

Her teeth need a good clean too and she needs a few good meals she looks too scrawny, I do hope she isn't as unwell as she looks

Healthy teeth are not determined by their colour - I don't think Jill's teeth need a good clean - no spinach poking out or anything. Teeth do change colour with age and if you have sensitivities then whitening is not always possible. Her teeth are normal - we have become conditioned to now seeing ultra-white gnashers which are quite a recent arrival. You only have to look at TV from the 80s backwards to see that.

As to being 'scrawny', she looks healthy enough to me. She is a fitness fan and a runner - that changes your physique.

Latest posts

Back