Frank Usher Accessories TSV 16/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shes more than likely been given a sample for free so i dont know why shes saying she will order one..

Boucle knit is a nightmare. The finish is like little loops which pluck so easily and then kind of ladder. Jewellery, zips etc catch on it and then before you know it the garment looks like a cat`s been at it. I had a boucle cardie once and it was a nightmare.

If anybody likes the boucle but not the fur then this one fits the bill, if you put BONUSD16 in the code box you also get 20% discount which makes it just £16.
Here`s the link https://www.bonmarche.co.uk/womens/boucle-cowl-neck-poncho-089429.html?dwvar_089429_color=33
poncho.jpg

Has Frank Usher been moonlighting, or is it a classic case of a factory making the same products for different brands, but different prices depending on who's putting their name to/who's selling the product, my money's on it's the same factory. http://www.bowsboutiques.com/tarama-faux-fur-trim-monochrome-poncho-22770.html

We have here, in nutshell, why QVC are so hung up on brands... they think it gives them free licence to charge huge mark-ups on ordinary goods. Greed and stupidity so often seem to go hand in hand...

We have here, in nutshell, why QVC are so hung up on brands... they think it gives them free licence to charge huge mark-ups on ordinary goods. Greed and stupidity so often seem to go hand in hand...

wow what a con. also the presenters were trying to say that the poncho would fit up to a size 22. this advert clearly states that its up to a size 16 :angry:

Ummmmmm, took delivery of the taupe tsv and in all honesty it will fit up to a 22, and after a quick blast of hot air from the hair dryer on the fur (after being packed), its something I will wear. Currently on one crutch after hip op, and this poncho is ideal as there are no thick coat sleeves to manoeuvre with. Will wear it this afternoon to the docs surgery and my only worry is there'll be someone in the waiting room thinking "oh she watches qvc " !!!!!

My black one came today and after a quick blow dry it looks lovely. i will definitely wear it as i love wraps as they are comfy for wearing in the car - coats can feel like being 'bundled up'. I was also worried everyone will look and say she got that from qvc - but who cares it wasn't cheap so at least they won't think thats only a fiver from Primark or wherever LOL

Rosey, don't you even care who says anything. People say things to me like "oh you're wearing your telly dress again". Yup, and at least I don't look like I spent six years at Greenham Common and haven't washed either since then. I liked the taupe one but I thought it could have done without the fur down the front, although it looked lovely on June.

Apologies to anyone that was at GC and hasn't washed. Of course, you are allowed to do that too :mysmilie_59:

CC

Last edited:
Ummmmmm, took delivery of the taupe tsv and in all honesty it will fit up to a 22, and after a quick blast of hot air from the hair dryer on the fur (after being packed), its something I will wear. Currently on one crutch after hip op, and this poncho is ideal as there are no thick coat sleeves to manoeuvre with. Will wear it this afternoon to the docs surgery and my only worry is there'll be someone in the waiting room thinking "oh she watches qvc " !!!!!

Ah, but they'd have to watch themselves to know you watched! :nod: :mysmilie_59: Hope you are healing well and not in too much pain. How were the pies? x

Rosey, don't you even care who says anything. People say things to me like "oh you're wearing your telly dress again". Yup, and at least I don't look like I spent six years at Greenham Common and haven't washed either since then. I liked the taupe one but I thought it could have done without the fur down the front, although it looked lovely on June.

Apologies to anyone that was at GC and hasn't washed. Of course, you are allowed to do that too :mysmilie_59:

CC

People are so rude!! Can't bear snobbery in any form. Am generally a calm person, and hate confrontation, but rudeness always makes me want to :angry:.

If I do buy stuff from Q and anyone remarks on it I always say I got it from the shopping channel.Im not ashamed to say where I got something .Im choosy about what I buy so trust in my instincts .

The poncho looked great but just too much fur for me personally .And it looks like you can buy the very same one elsewhere ,not exclusively Q.

Enjoy wearing it and don't worry about what anyone might think.

My black one came today and after a quick blow dry it looks lovely. i will definitely wear it as i love wraps as they are comfy for wearing in the car - coats can feel like being 'bundled up'. I was also worried everyone will look and say she got that from qvc - but who cares it wasn't cheap so at least they won't think thats only a fiver from Primark or wherever LOL

Glad you like it, wear what you want to wear - people who pass comment about where you got it from are just showing their own insecurities.

I have no problem telling people I bought something on QVC. If they look down on me because of it, that's their business a d doesn't affect me in the slightest. Apart from anything, life's easier keeping things simple, rather than prevaricating in some way... I still recall how annoying and inconvenient I found ponchos were in my youth... warm and cosy until my arm had to emerge. Ponchos vs sleeves... sleeves win every time for me.

Minx In Space ........... thank you for enquiring ! yes am home now after the hip op - bit traumatic as they whip you out of hospital as soon as ! but on one crutch now and tottering around like learning to walk again, cant drive for another 3 weeks, so overdosing on daytime tv - hence the spend on Q !!!! The pies are ok, not a lot of gravy though so can be a bit 'dry', but fine for emergencies.

Incidentally for those that liked the original fur trimmed cape by F Usher, then here's the same but in a beautiful forest green.

http://www.jdwilliams.co.uk/shop/gr...on?Ntk=Simple&hnid=10966344&spv=true&type=cmr

Bet you looked a million dollars x

Its kicking off on the Q Facebook page about this TSV. Many saying same product available much cheaper but different brand name on it elsewhere. They were under the impression that this Frank Usher piece was exclusive to QVC? But it looks like its mass made and different brands put their own label on it and charge what they want. No difference in quality, so QVC needn't come back with that chestnut. Of course QVC are looking in to it.......................................................................................... and still waiting for them to get back about it.

Latest posts

Back