For goodness sake Alison!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is only one way to watch AY

with the sound of and only put the sound on if there is an item you want to info on, or better even: check it out on the internet!
Wonder if her husband is hard of hearing - ups am I being catty?

I've noticed recently that if a product's on easy pay, she always says what a bargain it is for the single easy pay amount, not the total. Very misleading.

I don't think she's an expert either. She's not up to date on newer products and treatments & I always hear her advising callers to use this, that and the other from ranges QVC sell, when some people would be better off going to the doctor for some of their symptoms. She considers giving honest advice as being recommending a Decleor product to a caller during an Elemis show.

She might have been in the business 20-odd years, but she hasn't seemed to keep up with her training. Our training director told us to aim to learn something new every day, keep on top of new advances & pass the knowledge on. Not just stand there & brag about how long we've been doing the job - especially if symptoms point to a person needing REAL professional help. Conditions like rosacea & acne can be better helped with prescription items, not some of the over-priced tatt AY pushes! Thank goodness for the MBG!

While I enjoy using some of the skincare ranges on QVC & have felt & seen benefits, they are just cosmetic ranges, not medicinal. She should know that & advise accordingly.

Rant over.

I totally agree with all you have said AE. I have noticed a few of the presenters emphasising the first easy payment as though it is the total cost of the product and I have also noticed that a lot of the items that they have on EP are not overly expensive. Its easy to get caught out thinking...oh, thats only 8 pounds this month, I will go for it, then it happens again, and again. Once, in a mad few hours on a beauty day I spent a fortune like that - most of it got sent back untried, it just seemed a good idea at the time and not very much money till I added up what I would be paying out each month!!

There have been several occasions when a t caller has come through with tales of their teenagers acne - sometimes this can only be dealt with by using a long term course of special antibiotics. I know its good to try other stuff firstor as well like Liz Earl, but I know from experience that if you delay seeing the doctor about this, it can lead to scarring (to which AY would recomment Prolagene!!).

Maybe she thinks that as she is presenting the shows with the new products from the companies that QVC deals with, that is all the new training she needs.

Bet

alison probably thinks who needs the doctor when they are only a t caller away from God herself

ive heard her saying she ahd bad acne herself as a teenager and put or wanted to put bleach on her face!!but aprently she cured it with decleor!wich i tried for my acne and thaught it was going to be a miracle cure cos she said it worked for her(it wasnt)i had to go on a cource of roacutane for 6 months, allthough it worked for a while its back now not as bad but thats another story! i think someone said before they really play on our insecuritys.

Oh sorry Magsy, I didn't get any pop-ups.

Well for those of you who don't want to click on the link, this website sells Fran Wilson products including Fran Wilson anti-wrinkle serum, Fran Wilson day cream, Fran Wilson cake eyeliner, Fran Wilson eye lift, Fran Wilson instant brow stencils (think Shavata!) and so on.....and it's all cheap stuff :disgruntled:

Alison Young is either deliberately lying to make us believe we are buying some prestigious product formulated by an expert (are you allowed to lie like that on shopping channels?) or she hasn't got a clue about the products she's selling.

Also, the brand is so wonderful and prestigous that QVC America don't even sell it any more, they haven't had it all year. :mad1:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back