Fashion Clearence with EMU TSV 07/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just threw out my two pairs of Emus .I wore them quite a bit but no way do they last for years and years as is suggested during the demos .The lady who represents them even brings in her old Emus to demonstrate how well they wear .She must only wear them when it is a dry sunny day or only around the house .Even the waterproof Pattersons let in water after a while.

No more Emus for me.

Last edited:
"Fashion clearance with Emu"?

I bet that bird wouldn't even be able to stop Sara G from wittering on at full volume

I'm afraid disagree, I've found that Emu and Celtic Sheepskin last longer than Uggs.
After wearing Uggs for a few years, I found my arches have collapsed and I now need to insert an orthotic inner sole.
Fortunately, some Emu boots have a removable inner sole, so I can take it out and put my orthotic in.
Just wish Celtic Sheepskin boots had removable inner soles too

It must be me then .Or maybe the 10 year old versions were better constructed.I don't drive and tend to walk a lot and get caught out in all weathers so I wouldn't go for any sort of sheepskin boots in future.Its not EMU v UGGs, they are just not for me.

In the case of the Pattersons .They are demonstrated by immersing in water. but over time they do start to leak if you wear them in wet conditions.Thats what I purchased them for , wet conditions. The presenters clearly state you can walk the dog ,go out in snow ,wet conditions etc.

Maybe I got a dodgy pair. It's Welles for me from now on .

you cant beat uggs. i still have the first pair i bought 10 years ago

I have a pair of Uggs from about 8 years ago that are still going strong. I don't wear them as much as my others though because they are a little too big.

EMU Originals Hakea Lo Water Resistant Sheepskin Boots
Item Number: 148368
QVC Price £147.00
Todays Special Value Price £91.96
P&P: £6.95

The Hakea Hi sheepskin boots from EMU feature double-stitched seams and a water-resistant finish, plus they offer all the comfort and warmth you'd expect from a classic sheepskin boot. Along with their chic design, these boots also feature stylish detailing with a hi-lo collar and faux-buttons on the outer-sides making them sure to be your autumn/winter favourites.
Colour options just for you - along with the classic EMU shades of Black and Chestnut, the Hakea Hi also comes in three seasonal shades - Purple, Indigo and Ash - specially created just for QVC.

Lighter and more comfortable - thanks to a more flexible dual-layered EVA midsole that has additional cushioning, and new memory foam inserts in the sole for supreme comfort and support.

Year-round comfort - the premium Australian sheepskin used to construct these boots breathes naturally, keeping your feet warm in the winter and cool in summer, while naturally wicking away moisture to prevent odours.

Rounded toe
No fastenings for easy on/off
Breathable sheepskin lining
Oversized, faux-button design detailing
EMU branding on the button detail, outer heel and sole
Outer: sheepskin leather; inner: manmade EVA; sole: manmade
An updated outer sole, featuring outstanding grip and durability
Boot height: 26.5cm (10.4")
Heel height: 20mm

Colour options:

Charcoal
Black
Purple - only available at QVC UK
Indigo - only available at QVC UK
Chocolate
Ash - only available at QVC UK
Chestnut

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.148368

I found the Emu slippers not worth the money despite JR ringing their praises a number of years ago when I bought a TSV. The sheepskin at the heel area wore down so quickly yet I have no trouble with other manufacturers/brand names. I'm one who wouldn't "splash the cash" on this over-rated brand but each to their own and their experiences.

So how does an Emu TSV work on clearance day? Is it a style that's rubbish and no one wants? (not good) or do they buy them in, then charge a well lower price meaning the extremely high price is taking QVC customers to the cleaners ripping them off on the way there? (even worse)

I think most people prefer the classic styles so maybe they don't sell as many as expected. If I were going to get another sheepskin booti wouldn't go for this style. however they did start with all sizes which most of the others in the sale didnt so who knows .

So how does an Emu TSV work on clearance day? Is it a style that's rubbish and no one wants? (not good) or do they buy them in, then charge a well lower price meaning the extremely high price is taking QVC customers to the cleaners ripping them off on the way there? (even worse)

nope these have been on air before & sold out at a feature price of £122 + just before christmas

I just threw out my two pairs of Emus .I wore them quite a bit but no way do they last for years and years as is suggested during the demos .The lady who represents them even brings in her old Emus to demonstrate how well they wear .She must only wear them when it is a dry sunny day or only around the house .Even the waterproof Pattersons let in water after a while.

No more Emus for me.

Never been a fan of them. Look ridiculous and pricey, no thanks! :mysmilie_13:

nope these have been on air before & sold out at a feature price of £122 + just before christmas

Oh ok, must be the second one then, were they've ordered stock in (obviously a small amount of stock in each size mind, there's no way QVC will take a hit for any reason) then called it "clearance" price, how odd.

Old ladies booties from the 70's. My great aunt used to wear them, except they had zips up the side in those days. Sorry to those who love them, but not for me. Think rain mate, pac a mac, emu style booties, queen style handbag . . . . I suppose I'm of a certain age :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back