Facebook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Someone on here mentioned Facebook and QVCamber claims - I joined Facebook this evening so I could see this posting. Aggh! QVC Facebook so busy that my poor pea-sized brain got so irritated, couldn't find anything, things kept shifting! so I logged off. I must say that I am not a fan of Facebook. Snarly can handle this website. Just about:heart:

I thought i was the only one snarly . I can't get my head round Facebook. All my friends are on it but i just resort to the methods of communication i know best. I use the phone, text and E mail, that's enough for me.

.Adie Butler
MY GOD just watching the qvc on tv and cant belive the crap they are telling people about amber! they are to the point of lying to the public ie "baltic is the oldest amber in the world" No ...chinese, canadian,new jersey,burmese,siberian,lebanese and isle of wight amber are all much older, baltic is 35/40 million years old isle of wight is one of the oldest at arount 105/120 million years old
Missed the start did they inform the public that all the amber they are selling maybe baltic but its the scraps and left overs that are melted down and reformed, its not natural amber, it could have been dust and crumbs that mere melted into lumps.
another thing the women said "there could even be bits of butterflies in it we just dont know" what crap! if it had any form of insects in, it would have gone to the "amber factory" to be melted down!!!!!
Also in the reformed amber you get attractive patterns known as 'sun spangles' these are these are cracks tha...t ARTIFICIALLY produced then the amber is heated HOWEVER the lady selling the amber said they were natural inclusions! LIE not inclusions total bull!

I CANT BELIVE WHAT RUBBISH THESE PEOPLE AR TALKING AND MISLEADING BUYERS, ALSO WHEN THEY SAY REAL AMBER YES ITS REAL BUT NOT IN ITS NATURAL FORM, IT MELTED AND RESHAPED!

THEY NEED TO STOP TELLING FIBS AND READ THE BOOK "AMBER, THE NATURAL TIME CAPSULE" BY ANDREW ROSS OF THE NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM!

REGARDS ADIE

This is the original post. There were lots of replies, too many to copy

Ta!

Thanks Lovelies. I feel better! after your posts. I was starting to live up to my name and that's NotAGoodThing ;-) x Snarly

Yes, Facebook you can't search for posts, just scroll until you find. I did see that post and the fallout, the sycophants rushing to defend their beloved QVC, others agreeing it was miss selling.

For me its a question of happening upon a interesting post.

Phew, what a relief, I'm another one who just cannot see what all the fuss is about Facebook.:down: This constant need some folk have to tell all their "friends" what they're doing every 15 minutes has (thankfully) escaped me.

And there was I thinking I was a dinosaur, the only one who didn't "get" Facebook & wasn't a member.
Really glad to know I'm not alone.

Vienna, how kind of you to retrieve it for me. :heart: I had ordered and returned a 3part ring from this range, last year - it looked like plastic. Maybe this explains why. "Verrry interesting." Ta x Snarly

If not being on Facebook or Twitter means I'm a dinosaur then I'm positively prehistoric! I cannot see the attraction of spending time telling people what I've had for breakfast (in a prescribed number of words) or following people's antics on Facebook.

I understand that people join Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends and therefore have a private account I can't comprehend the need to have a public 'account' that anyone can access. Personally, I keep in contact with friends and family via face to face meetings, the phone, email or texting. Invariably Facebook and Twitter (the public accounts) just leave people open to derogatory comments etc., and dare I say it ......... bullying, in some cases.

I have moved with the times technologically, but with those two options I'm quite happy to dig my heels in and ignore them.

Yay I'm not alone. I've never even tried facebook or twitter but I know I won't get on with it. This is as far as I go (and I spend far too much time here - dread to think what I'd be like if the other stuff was part of my day too). And that's another big thumbs up for Graham - must be a clever bloke firstly to hit on the idea of the forum and then to have the know-how to set it up.

.Adie Butler
MY GOD just watching the qvc on tv and cant belive the crap they are telling people about amber! they are to the point of lying to the public ie "baltic is the oldest amber in the world" No ...chinese, canadian,new jersey,burmese,siberian,lebanese and isle of wight amber are all much older, baltic is 35/40 million years old isle of wight is one of the oldest at arount 105/120 million years old
Missed the start did they inform the public that all the amber they are selling maybe baltic but its the scraps and left overs that are melted down and reformed, its not natural amber, it could have been dust and crumbs that mere melted into lumps.
another thing the women said "there could even be bits of butterflies in it we just dont know" what crap! if it had any form of insects in, it would have gone to the "amber factory" to be melted down!!!!!
Also in the reformed amber you get attractive patterns known as 'sun spangles' these are these are cracks tha...t ARTIFICIALLY produced then the amber is heated HOWEVER the lady selling the amber said they were natural inclusions! LIE not inclusions total bull!

I CANT BELIVE WHAT RUBBISH THESE PEOPLE AR TALKING AND MISLEADING BUYERS, ALSO WHEN THEY SAY REAL AMBER YES ITS REAL BUT NOT IN ITS NATURAL FORM, IT MELTED AND RESHAPED!

THEY NEED TO STOP TELLING FIBS AND READ THE BOOK "AMBER, THE NATURAL TIME CAPSULE" BY ANDREW ROSS OF THE NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM!

REGARDS ADIE
Lol @ Adie, feel better for getting that lot off your chest hon?? The amber lies get me cross too, not just on Q but other channels are guilty of spouting all this crap as well. When they say you just might receive a piece with a trapped insect as a selling ploy this especially makes me spit cos those pieces are collectors' items and too valuable to be found on any shopping channel. Personally I'm not a fan of amber but have a general interest and even I know this.

Another FB hater here, imho it's a hiding place for bullies, trolls and self obssesed attention seekers who have nothing better to do with their lives. I've read about Stephen Fry's hissy fits when someone disagrees with him on Twitter and find him particularly pathetic.

I use FB a lot to keep in touch with family and friends but I DETEST THE WEBSITE in its design and the way it works. Think of the new QVC website and then make it 100 times worse, and you are getting there.

To find a post you saw a few days ago, you have to spend ages scrolling down and down and down....... until you eventually find it, but constantly having to click on "older posts" to read the next page. Then, just when you find it and start to read it, someone puts a new post at the top and you zap back there and have to start again.

I've literally spent over an hour trying to find the CROWN thread started by Bridget Hill. And searching for her name didn't help at all. You can't search for a keyword either.

just as a matter of interest what happened to keeping in touch with family and friends by speaking to them.
We're breeding a generation of kids who think the only way too communicate is by Facebook or twittering. I think that's quite sad.

just my opinion.

Can't be arsed with Facebook either. I know a couple of people who say they use it and all they do is big-up their pathetic lives on it.

Another one here who has absolutely no interest in Facebook or Twitter. In fact, I'm not a lover of texting either but see the advantages at certain times when it may not be convenient to actually speak to a family member or friend but you need them to know something, like a surprise party or whatever. Also, just what is the point of Twitter? Are there really so many people interested in what others are doing at all times of the day and night? If so, then they really need to get a life and start enjoying better things it has to offer is all I can say!

Yes, it's back to the 60's for me when it was always a pleasure to actually TALK to someone face-to-face or over the phone if you were lucky enough to have a landline that is!! How about letter-writing? I always enjoyed that too and still feel excited when I find Mr Postie has pushed one through the box! Yes, I'm getting on a bit and I have moved with the times in certain respects but bring back the great "old-fashioned" way of communication, there's nothing to beat it.

I'm on there, despite shunning it for a long time. I used it a lot too. But it got to the point where all I was saying to myself when I logged on was "ffs"!!!! I got sick of people's kids and thick people clicking "like if you want to save a child, ignore and you don't care" :banghead:

I posted that I would keep my account open should I want to contact any of the long lost friends and family I found there (so far I haven't) but I would no longer be active. People were aghast!!

I truly hate it :(

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I rarely post on FB but I use it mainly for their online games. I`m a keen scrabbler and find their scrabble app the best online. I play people from all over the world and with friends too. It has its uses and like most sites its ok in moderation. I know people who log onto FB almost 24/7 which wouldnt do for me but there are lots of other sites people log onto 24/7 too, not just FB. I used to frequent an american forum and i swear some people must be logged onto it every minute of their lives.

I couldn't agree more BL. I'm only in my forties but feel ancient when I extol the virtues of handwriting letters or reading a proper book not using a kindle.
Oh the good old days

Latest posts

Back