Facebook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope you aren't all going to desert this forum, I like it here:sad:
No plans from me, it was just a contigency plan incase the site closed, due to the problems. Hopefully maybe sorted :thinking::thinking:

I can't be fiddled with Facebook. I do Twitter and LinkedIn for work and that's enough for me.

So we didn't need the new fb site that capriossi set up? I'm confused

It's the proper ST page but it's not used very much. I don't care either way! I was never expecting it to be that active anyway, especially as it's a page not a group, therefore I can't keep it closed! I suggested that Sazza put the link up in case you all wanted to like that page too :D

No harm in liking both. You don't have to post on either. I like hundreds of pages on FB that I never participate in, but I choose to get updates from them on my newsfeed.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I already have a FB account set up a few years ago, just for family and very close friends.I only sign in once in a blue moon . I find FB very nosey with people knowing all your business, so I am careful what I write in there....only letting them know what I want them to know:giggle:
I too checked in the ST FB page, and like Sparkly Barbs said there is nothing there.
I hope you aren't all going to desert this forum, I like it here:sad:
I have created another account for the link given out here by Capriossi (.thank you for that:mysmilie_508: )simply because I don't want to lose you all from here, in case something happens to this site...:sad:
I don't think this forum will cease, because Graham said that whatever happens, he will go on with this forum and I have full faith in Graham:up:
Graham has done a very good job and I am sure he will bounce back soon.
I don't want this forum to cease, because we have so much precious information here and it feels so much like "home".

I already have a FB account set up a few years ago, just for family and very close friends.I only sign in once in a blue moon . I find FB very nosey with people knowing all your business, so I am careful what I write in there....only letting them know what I want them to know:giggle:
I too checked in the ST FB page, and like Sparkly Barbs said there is nothing there.

I have created another account for the link given out here by Capriossi (.thank you for that:mysmilie_508: )simply because I don't want to lose you all from here, in case something happens to this site...:sad:
I don't think this forum will cease, because Graham said that whatever happens, he will go on with this forum and I have full faith in Graham:up:
Graham has done a very good job and I am sure he will bounce back soon.
I don't want this forum to cease, because we have so much precious information here and it feels so much like "home".

None of us want this forum to close, but how Graham is going to keep going without the money to support the site is
beyond me. I hope his mood has changed and maybe he's had good news from other sponsors etc. We can all but hope
for a miracle x :thinking:

None of us want this forum to close, but how Graham is going to keep going without the money to support the site is
beyond me. I hope his mood has changed and maybe he's had good news from other sponsors etc. We can all but hope
for a miracle x :thinking:
I had already informed him about Google, but there is another source too that can help, but unfortunately I cannot remember their name. These people will count on the clicks on certain links that are given and if as many of us click on those links and go to their advert (you don't even have to buy or do anything) they generate some revenue to the forum administrator. Graham is the best person to seek and apply. He has to sound positive and it will help if he does not mention of the QVC episode.

This was another reason for asking Graham to set the controls for letting only registered members to enter the forum. Google and the other agents take into account on how many registered members there are in the forum that they might patronise .......this forum has nothing to worry because it has a good number of members already and not only that, the members are active too:happy:

I have a suggestion for Sazza and Graham. Some of you will like it and some of you won't - remember its only an idea. Rather than just having a ST page to like why not set up a proper account almost as if you're a person? That way everyone can join just like on here but from a business point of view you can still redirect everyone back to here for shopping links and traffic (for revenue purposes). This would be beneficial in a number of ways:

1. If there is ever a problem with this site server wise etc, or Graham does close it there is another way for you all to have contact.
2. From a business point of view, rather than Graham thinking it may spoil this site, it could in fact increase traffic here ten fold or more. Like it or not Facebook is huge and why not take what you can out of it and use it for your benefit - in many ways.
3. I realise that privacy is a big thing for many. Well with that in mind what's to stop people having two Facebook accounts? One for your real life family and friends if you wish and a new one using your anonymous name on here. The only friend you make is with ST and you post only what you'd post on here. Yes people can put annoying pics up and links etc but then so could they here if they wished. ST can monitor who they accept as friends etc.

There are of course negatives as with everything but why not embrace the idea. MORE to the point Graham should see this as a great business opportunity to get this site more well known. I have a work one now and it's invaluable.

As I said just a thought :)

I have a suggestion for Sazza and Graham. Some of you will like it and some of you won't - remember its only an idea. Rather than just having a ST page to like why not set up a proper account almost as if you're a person? That way everyone can join just like on here but from a business point of view you can still redirect everyone back to here for shopping links and traffic (for revenue purposes). This would be beneficial in a number of ways:

1. If there is ever a problem with this site server wise etc, or Graham does close it there is another way for you all to have contact.
2. From a business point of view, rather than Graham thinking it may spoil this site, it could in fact increase traffic here ten fold or more. Like it or not Facebook is huge and why not take what you can out of it and use it for your benefit - in many ways.
3. I realise that privacy is a big thing for many. Well with that in mind what's to stop people having two Facebook accounts? One for your real life family and friends if you wish and a new one using your anonymous name on here. The only friend you make is with ST and you post only what you'd post on here. Yes people can put annoying pics up and links etc but then so could they here if they wished. ST can monitor who they accept as friends etc.

There are of course negatives as with everything but why not embrace the idea. MORE to the point Graham should see this as a great business opportunity to get this site more well known. I have a work one now and it's invaluable.

As I said just a thought :)

That's what I've done. I can get up to allsorts on FB now :giggle:

You'll need a different email address to register though. I just created a sub account off my main one. Simples.

I joined facebook a year ago to keep in touch with stepson who moved to Canada. Following advice someone gave me in The Drop I set up a separate email account and joined under a pseudonym. All the privacy settings are correctly set and there hasn't been any problems.

However I don’t like it very much, find it totally confusing and can't really get to grips with it. I go there occasionaly to look at photos and make the odd comment on his wall - that's as much as I want!

Although most of us here are strangers to each other there's still a feeling of intimacy which makes it a pleasing place to visit. Long may it continue.

Looks like you have been rumbled BB. Perhaps you should have disguised yourself.

Looks like you have been rumbled BB. Perhaps you should have disguised yourself.

I know! There's me, with the same name, same profile pics, and same big fat attitude not expecting to be recognised.

I shoulda known better! :thinking:

I don't get why people seem to be intimidated by fb. I joined in 2008 and have never had a problem. I have family abroad and it allows me to keep up to date and chat constantly to them. My sister and I would be lost without our daily scrabble fix! I see exactly what my kids are doing ~ even though 2 of them live round the corner and one's still at home lol. I've made some wonderful friends and caught up with old school/uni friends. I think properly used, it's a fantastic creation and I'd really miss it if it was taken away.

Silly boy Burlz!!! :wink:

Aww, all this forum/FB lark is starting to get a bit silly again isn't it?! Why do people take it all so seriously?!! :confused:

I'm not intimidated by it. I just can't be bothered. It's one more thing to fiddle with and I would really rather not.

I can see the reasoning behind setting up the Facebook group. It's a good idea.

Personally i love reading your mischief on FB burly, it makes me chuckle and is a change from people either moaning about delayed refunds or praising hideous christmas decorations.

Whats happened, i missed it. Is Burly barred . Me , i.ve been bit more subtle and gone and planted a few things and not
got noticed, a few seeds of doubt here and there . Sneaky me :angel:

Latest posts

Back