Exmoor Style - Sausage Man Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Andrew "Ive never met a woman who didnt enjoy my sausage" Beuccleugh is back, this time fronting Exmoor Style meat.

Gets about a bit doesnt he?

On a serious note, entirely absent of innuendo: a while back when there was a discussion about the absence of Buccleugh I posted that I knew (through a mutual acquaintance) that Andrew Burgess would be back at QVC with a new brand. This is who he now works for; and from what was said on air, he is the co-founder.

So is there really no credit crunch, amazed people pay this money.

New here, although have hovered for years!! Anyway, back to Buccleuch. I bought some when they were on QVC last Christmas, when they came I was appallled by the quality and felt that I had been misled as on air they were saying things like the burgers were all meat with nothing added and nothing taken away - well, they were also full of additives - flavour enhancers, preservatives, flavourings etc. I contacted the ASA who agreed with me and apparently made QVC promise they wouldn't repeat the claims. Then Buccleuch dissapeared!!! Before you buy this Exmoor style stuff, just make sure you check how much pork in in the sausages and beef in the burgers. I certainly won't be buying these!!!!

OMG just checked out the price of the sausages. £22.20 + £6.50 p & p. I've been buying waitrose free range and organic ones at £3.09 for 400g

I never trust sales people who tell you that the product they are selling is 'the best' then a few months later they are selling a rival brand and guess what that is now 'the best' - Funny??

New here, although have hovered for years!! Anyway, back to Buccleuch. I bought some when they were on QVC last Christmas, when they came I was appallled by the quality and felt that I had been misled as on air they were saying things like the burgers were all meat with nothing added and nothing taken away - well, they were also full of additives - flavour enhancers, preservatives, flavourings etc. I contacted the ASA who agreed with me and apparently made QVC promise they wouldn't repeat the claims. Then Buccleuch dissapeared!!! Before you buy this Exmoor style stuff, just make sure you check how much pork in in the sausages and beef in the burgers. I certainly won't be buying these!!!!

Welcome Spendspendspend and what an amazing first post! Good on you for making a stand.

Is it just me, or was some of what Julian total pish? Didn't much like the comment about the rare steak either!

Just use a good local butcher, we have ones in my town and surrounding villages that produce lovely Traditional Lincolnshire Sausages, cant see why people spend silly money on QVC for food.

Then again you could order a load and eat it and send back the empty boxes for a refund less p+p :33:

Just use a good local butcher, we have ones in my town and surrounding villages that produce lovely Traditional Lincolnshire Sausages, cant see why people spend silly money on QVC for food.

Totally agree with you, if you do have a local butcher near you, use them and support your local businesses. The meat is usually reared and slaughtered locally and is sold at much more reasonable prices and is of infinitely better quality than some of the more dubious stuff sold in supermarkets.

I get my meat at Mr Briss the butcher if any one watched The League Of Gentlemen you will recognise the butchers shop.
All my meat comes from farms around me and slaughtered on the premises at the back of his shop so everything is top quality and not top prices.
Got taken in by the speil of the scottish meat from qvc it was awful and very over priced never again will I buy food from anywhere other than my local butchers.

Sorry. I can't understand anyone buying food from QVC. The prices are laughable.

One of the best shows I watched in the lead up to last Christmas was with Debbie Greenwood flogging Thorntons. She started the hour saying she was the envy of all the presenters being alllowed to scoff chocs for an hour. She was sinking her gnashers into this, that and praline coated the other with gusto - for the first 15 mins. It then took a predictable downturn until the last quarter, when she turned decidedly green and through gritted teeth was asking the guest to sling her another blackcurrant cream...

Worked wonders! Made me feel as sick as dog and didn't eat sweets for a week!

Latest posts

Back