Email - billing error

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
I've had an email today saying..

"We just wanted to contact you regarding a billing error that occurred on Wednesday 12th January 2011.

Regrettably, a technical issue resulted in a number of customers being charged or refunded twice for their items and you may notice this when checking your bank or credit card statement. We'd like to advise you that the reversal of the duplicate transaction took place on Tuesday 18th January 2011.

However, we would like to take this opportunity to say how sorry we are, particularly if you have been inconvenienced. Measures have been put in place to ensure this does not happen again."

Not having recieved my relevant cc bill yet, I haven't been able to check.
But, as I notice there's a sticky thread concerned with double charging, it would seem this might be a regular occurance. :wonder:

I think it was made sticky because so many people may have been affected but this is the first time I have heard of it happenening at QVC, also the first post was dated 16/01/2011.

i have just opened mine..i shall double check it....i know they charged me ywice for same item & gave me a load of tosh as to why.....grrrrrrrr

I was charged twice for two sparate items. One was for an item on Easy Pay and the second was a one off payment.

I received both refunds last week. I got the email from QVC today. Now, that's what I call 'efficient.' :headbang:

Horse/stable door/bolted comes to mind because everyone should have had the email the day that the error occurred ..... not two weeks later.

It was only because of the thread, that's been made 'sticky,' that I went and checked my account online and found out that I'd also been overcharged, so I'm really grateful to this forum.

I just hope that everyone who was affected has now had their money refunded.

Overcharged on the 12th but not refunded until the 18th. Presumably this happened to everyone who placed orders on the affected day(s). Lots of interest generated on those extra payments, nice little earner for QVC. :rolleyes:

nice little earner for QVC. :rolleyes:

Isn't it just!

My credit card bill arrived today &, having checked, it's an easy pay payment (last of 3) that they took double amounts for, so not even a new order!

It really just isn't good enough is it?

I got the round robin email today too.

I think the least QVC could do would be to tailor the email to each person with the exact details of the amounts and what has happened. This basic email is not really enough.

Latest posts

Back