Elizabeth's Daughter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Just flipped QVC on and they were launching a new range called Elizabeth's Daughter. Skincare aimed at young skin. But it's 95% natural, for sensitive skins and the lady said could be used by the whole family. Anybody heard of it? I'm trying to be a good farter :angel:, but am still attracted to natural skincare ranges!

I just saw that and was also interested. Only issue for me is if it's 95% natural, whats in the other 5% i wonder if it's alcohol.

Is it anything to do with Liz Earle ?, I know she has at least one daughter, and her name is Elizabeth !, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ?? :flower:

just had a look on their website and it says

Ingredients we would never use...
We don't include parabens, sulphates or petrochemicals. Parabens, a type of preservative, have had a bad press, the case for which is still not proven, therefore we do not use them. Sulphates and petrochemicals, on the other hand, entirely deserve their status as undesirables.

Sounds like it might be worth a try

I've heard of it and seen it in a few mags recently. Whilst it is aimed at younger skins, apparently those of us with older skins (ie not teens!) can use it as well.

They say none of their ingredients (or the products) are tested on animals too which is good. Not sure what the cut off point is though for their ingredients.

Is it anything to do with Liz Earle ?, I know she has at least one daughter, and her name is Elizabeth !, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ?? :flower:

No nothing to do with Liz earle, On the website it says they are sold exclusively to Harvey Nicks. Can't be bad :flower:

It does look a very nice range.

I just saw that and was also interested. Only issue for me is if it's 95% natural, whats in the other 5% i wonder if it's alcohol.

this term of natural is actually a bit misleading, alcohol for instance is a natural substance, so is bismuth, but it causes some pople problems.

They sell it in Macy's in New York so it must have quite a following. Wouldn't use it on my old wrinkly skin though, better for the teens I think! x

I've read quite a lot about this in magazines.

No,nothing to do with LE - in fact I think its been "formed" with someone stealing LE's idea!

Sorry, rainbowdottie, what idea? The natural ingredients?

Just the idea was born out of child's problem skin,and mother was giving up and made her own, and how the ingrediants are all sourced naturally.Might be a bit harsh to say that they stole LE's idea - its just the magazine article I read (so long ago,I think I was on holiday?) really read like a LE story

You can get a 4 piece starter set form Elizabeth's Daughter direct for £20 (not sure what the P&P is); this is the same that QVC sells for £25 + £3.95 p&p minus the shower gel, so it seems great value. Here's the link

http://www.elizabethsdaughter.co.uk/p-23-the-starter-set-4-x-40ml.aspx

The QVC pack has 40ml each of cleanser, moisturiser, shower gel and mask with a full size 50ml of the glossing balm, worth £18. The ED's site has the starter pack for £20, but with cleanser, moisturiser, shower gel and balm all at 40ml.

The QVC pack has 40ml each of cleanser, moisturiser, shower gel and mask with a full size 50ml of the glossing balm, worth £18. The ED's site has the starter pack for £20, but with cleanser, moisturiser, shower gel and balm all at 40ml.

Thanks Concordia, I'd not realised that! I'm miffed that I didn't watch the show and the link to the video on the QVC web site doesn't work, so I'm still wavering over this, now with the added dilemma of which kit to get...:cheeky:

Just the idea was born out of child's problem skin,and mother was giving up and made her own, and how the ingrediants are all sourced naturally.Might be a bit harsh to say that they stole LE's idea - its just the magazine article I read (so long ago,I think I was on holiday?) really read like a LE story

Cheers, I hadn't realised that there was a story of this kind behind LE...

Cheers, I hadn't realised that there was a story of this kind behind LE...

I know that LE was a trusted person/name in the industry but I've always been led to believe that this was the story behind the concept?

The same magazine (Wish I could remember which one - it was running an article about success stories with starting your own buisness) also featured LE with the ED story.

I've been using the moisturizer for the last month each morning and love it. I'm twiddly umpty four and find that it gives me a real boost of moisture which I don't get from those aimed at my supposed mature skin. It also has SPF15 in it. The pump gives you a generous amount, which makes sure I also use it on my neck and the decollate.

I'll probably get the set from QVC which would make a good travel kit, and has the mask in it as well.

Also have the glossing balm...reminds me of a nice smelling vaseline texture. Tastes resonable and have tried it out on the back of my hands last thing at night. They feel quite good in the morning.

Latest posts

Back