Elizabeth's Daughter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm really tempted to try this - it does have good reviews and is aimed at sensitive and problems skins - I'm just worried that I'd try it and find once again its no different to any else :( becoming seriously disillusioned about skincare these days.

I might give it a go primailry becasue it seems a good price and is quite a comprehensive range for a new brand.

THanks for your review jacaranda its interesting to know how it performs on a erm ahem slightly more mature skin like mine :)

Well, I ordered a set. Going on hols next week, so if it arrives will give it a go. Have emailed the company though, to see if it might be suitable for older, but oily and sensitive skin, no reply yet. ATM everything is giving me a bit of a rash, even A'kin, if it has scent. The A'kin unscented doesn't seem to be causing a flare up, so maybe the ED might help. Also kept the Sophyto moisturiser as that is unscented. The company said the alcohol was teeny and acts as a preservative.

I've emailed Elizabeth's Daughter 4 times asking questions about ingredients and they have never ever replied.

On this basis alone they can kiss my lily white @r$e - and kiss goodbye to any of my money. :mad:

I've emailed Elizabeth's Daughter 4 times asking questions about ingredients and they have never ever replied.

On this basis alone they can kiss my lily white @r$e - and kiss goodbye to any of my money. :mad:

Way to go A'kin :grin:

Is it anything to do with Liz Earle ?, I know she has at least one daughter, and her name is Elizabeth !, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ?? :flower:

Etched into my brain along with loads of other useless junk is LE on breakfast tv years ago telling us as if we are all complete morons that her new daughter would be called Lily and it is short for Amaryllis pronounced very carefully for us syllable by syllable. I always think said flower looks like a triffid and I'm fairly sure it was this incident that sparked my dislike of LE.
I also think the nothing to do with LE, Elizabeth's daughter is a daft name but I'm not the most family orientated of people :D:emo:

Vampyre, you reminded me of my dislike for Liz Earle...totally irrational really because it was when she was writing about beauty care and her experiences...just thought she was so disappearing up the back route...have been tempted by her stuff, but have this inability to order it!!!!

As to scent in Elizabeth's daughter, there is a smell...quite clinical, but I certainly wouldn't have said perfumed.
BTW I have a mature, slightly combination skin, with occasional psoriasis. Very sensitive to lots of stuff, but in my favour I drink gallons, or should I say, litres of water a day.

My ED set arrived today. I will post the ingredients list in "The Drop" for those interested. (it may take be a while, very small print) The set claims it is 90% natural. Some of the ingredients I do not understand, so hopefully someone out there with more knowledge can say whether they are good or not.

I am still puzzled why she called it 'Elizabeth's Daughter' if it was me I would have probably named it after her, unless she has an odd name of course??

Apparently she is developing a range for boys and it's likely to be called '& Son' - the names don't inspire me at all to order anything. Visions of Steptoe spring to mind...:cheeky: ooh there will be queues on the phone for that one! :tongue2:

:mad:

Having now seen the ingredients list I think I can figure out why! PEGS, lanolin, alcohol, lots of chemical sounding things...:cheeky: Looked at the A'kin and Sophyto and they're not as scarey.

Having now seen the ingredients list I think I can figure out why! PEGS, lanolin, alcohol, lots of chemical sounding things...:cheeky: Looked at the A'kin and Sophyto and they're not as scarey.

Not surprised they didn't get back to you, Lanolin and alcohol are two of the biggest irritants for skin. Please let us know how you get on with it.

This is not to say that any of the following ingredients that I have picked up on are bad per se - just that they are known irritants and if you market your products at sensitive skins then the products should not contain so darn many of them! Grrr!

Lanolin is defintely a massively common irritant - although I s'pose it helps that many people who have reactions to it don't know that it was lanolin that caused the problem. People tend to blame the brand and not look at the ingredients.

diproplyene glycol The Cosmetics Database says "Type of Concern: Human irritant - strong evidence.
Product Conditions: products for use around the eyes, on the skin, or may be aerosolized (airborne)
Source: Cosmetic Ingredient Review Assessments"

benzyl bensoate scores a red for danger 8 out of 10 for toxicity at The Cosmetics Database. It says it is a "Known human immune system toxicant"

Phenoxyethanol Used as a fragrance ingredient as well as a preservative, this is in particularly wide use in natural skincare - and is approved (after long, hard consideration) by the Soil Association for use in organic cosmetics, as it was deemed less problematic than many, many other preservatives. However, it’s not entirely without question marks over it; it can be irritating to some people, and cause contact allergies. It is also synthetically derived - one of a handful of synthetics permitted in organic cosmetics. As other acceptable preservatives emerge, Phenoxyethanol may gradually be phased out by beauty manufacturers: watch this space. Green Beauty Bible

cocmidepropyl betaine "Known human immune system toxicant" National Library of Medicine HazMap

Cinnamal "Occurs naturally in cinnamon bark, cassia bark extract and root oils; it is one of the most common allergens, and must be listed as a separate fragrance component on labels because of this." Green Beauty Bible

Linalool "A compound found in lavender oil which has to be listed on labels because it’s one of the most common allergens." Green Beauty Bible

Limonene "Naturally occurring in star anise, caraway, celery, oranges, cumin, fennel, marigold and more, this compound has to be listed on labels because it is one of the most common allergens." Green Beauty Bible

Ooh and all those PEGs in products for sensitive skin? Nooooo! They're not safe for use on damaged skin.

http://www.beautybible.com/green_pag...ents-index.htm

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here. I don't always understand why one thread gets moved and another doesn't - so apologies if I'm doing it wrong. (It wouldn't be the first time! I get lots of things wrong :D)

Can I just say I'd rather you delete my post if it's in the wrong rather than have the whole thread moved out of the public domain. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by saying that. :eek: :heart:

Last edited:
Thanks Love A'Kin that was a very informative, if a little scary post! Great links too, very useful. I too am trying to use more natural skincare and posts like yours remind me why that is a good idea.

I doubt your post will be moved, my understanding is that things get moved when they are posted on the QVC part of the site but don't concern QVC matters or products. Since Elizabeth Daughter's is a range sold by QVC, I guess you're fine, but I'm sure Sazza will explain it all better if I've got anything wrong!:flower:

I have to also add my thanks agaon LoveA'Kin, jet again you have saved me money, and your information is well apprecfiated.

Under the heading of getting things wrong...I forgot to say a heartfelt and massive thank you to Concordia for risking crossed eyes and RSI by typing out the Elizabeth's Daughter products Ingredients Lists in The Drop.

You Beauty! as Delboy might say ;) :D I think you've probably saved many many people some wasted money time and effort ordering this stuff and sending it back.

Lanolin makes me very itchy. I returned some Decleor product because it conatined lanolin.

I always refer to my skin type as sensitive - especially for the face. In reality I have only ever reacted to two things badly. One was an Elemis try enzyme mask - swollen eyes, lips and badly burnt face - and lanolin wehre I itched and sratched like billy - o!

Lanolin makes me very itchy. I returned some Decleor product because it conatined lanolin.

I always refer to my skin type as sensitive - especially for the face. In reality I have only ever reacted to two things badly. One was an Elemis try enzyme mask - swollen eyes, lips and badly burnt face - and lanolin wehre I itched and sratched like billy - o!

i never knew Lanonlin was in the decleor products i always wondered why it made my skin react. I wish they'd make the ingredients list larger on the products.
I like to kid myself the writing is getting smaller and it's not my eyes:wink2:

i never knew Lanonlin was in the decleor products i always wondered why it made my skin react. I wish they'd make the ingredients list larger on the products.
I like to kid myself the writing is getting smaller and it's not my eyes:wink2:

I've got a magnifying glass in my handbag! :D :blush:

Latest posts

Back