Elizabeth's Daughter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I prefer to believe that the people who put small print anywhere are just being mean!

Middle age? At the risk of sounding like Alison Young - we are soooooooo not going there! :eek: :D

Although I do remember an actuary at a party telling me that middle age was officially pegged at 36 - which isn't so very old I s'pose! :D

You're right we're soooooo not going there. I'm now going to think of it as being like a fine wine. maturing and getting better with age.
Going back to all these products with Alcohol and Lanolin i really wish QVC would mention these ingredients are in the products(although i know why they don't)
AY bleats on about the horror of not using soap and water but she keeps very quiet about not putting known irritants on your skin when she's trying to flog products!!

Not surprised they didn't get back to you, Lanolin and alcohol are two of the biggest irritants for skin. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Have to admit it's going straight back unopened. I will risk the rise in my returns rate! Lanolin is a no no for me. OK, it's only in 1 product, but the rest of it bothers me enough to not want to give it a try. I am sure some folks will have great results and I wish them well. I will stick with A'kin for the moment.

Have to admit it's going straight back unopened. I will risk the rise in my returns rate! Lanolin is a no no for me. OK, it's only in 1 product, but the rest of it bothers me enough to not want to give it a try. I am sure some folks will have great results and I wish them well. I will stick with A'kin for the moment.

Don't blame you at all. So much for being a natural product. I suppose they get away with it by saying 95% natural. I'm going to stick with my LE.

I finally went to the optician who told me that's what happens when you hit middle age. Blimey fine lines and wrinkles and now dodgy eyes!!!

We get the dodgy eyes so that we can't see the wrinkles.:grin:

Going to stick my head above the parapet here & say that, to be absolutely fair, most (if not all) the ingredients mentioned are actually also present in Liz Earle products! *ducks* lol
Am sitting here with little fold-out leaflet & apart from a few differing PEGS, the ingredients lists are pretty much of a muchness!
(Have ordered set for DD to try as although she loves LE, the C&P is borderline too much for her & I thought if she got on with the range, she might prefer the gel cleanser that they do!)
Difficult admittedly but in comparison with many brands, product listing is not as horrendous as it first seems, though mentions of the word 'natural' etc. are maybe best avoided as it conjures up something other than the stark (& necessary as far as preservatives etc, go!) reality! :flower:

Going to stick my head above the parapet here & say that, to be absolutely fair, most (if not all) the ingredients mentioned are actually also present in Liz Earle products! *ducks* lol
Am sitting here with little fold-out leaflet & apart from a few differing PEGS, the ingredients lists are pretty much of a muchness!
(Have ordered set for DD to try as although she loves LE, the C&P is borderline too much for her & I thought if she got on with the range, she might prefer the gel cleanser that they do!)
Difficult admittedly but in comparison with many brands, product listing is not as horrendous as it first seems, though mentions of the word 'natural' etc. are maybe best avoided as it conjures up something other than the stark (& necessary as far as preservatives etc, go!) reality! :flower:

Interesting isn't it? I don't use much Liz Earle - so apart from being shocked to the core to find out that she uses PEGs, Parabens and perfume in most of it I don't really know that much detail about the ingredients. Although of course the camphor and eucalyptus she's so fond of are known irritants as well.

But at least she doesn't seem to use a lot of silicones Like Sarah Chapman does. Heavy use of silicones really gets my goat because they're in there to fool us and make us think that something wonderful is happening to our skin when in fact we're just coating it in silicone which isn't in the least bit good for our skin... (Plus many people have an adverse reaction to silicones too )

Interesting isn't it? I don't use much Liz Earle - so apart from being shocked to the core to find out that she uses PEGs, Parabens and perfume in most of it I don't really know that much detail about the ingredients. Although of course the camphor and eucalyptus she's so fond of are known irritants as well.

But at least she doesn't seem to use a lot of silicones Like Sarah Chapman does. Heavy use of silicones really gets my goat because they're in there to fool us and make us think that something wonderful is happening to our skin when in fact we're just coating it in silicone which isn't in the least bit good for our skin... (Plus many people have an adverse reaction to silicones too )

I used to get a reaction when I used the Smashbox Photofinish Primer.. It used to make my skin feel like silk, but my skin did break out whenever I used it.. The silicone was the culprit.. I changed over to Laura Geller Spackle & had no problems.. I also had problems with BE Mineral Veil, made my skin very itchy :sad:

I used to get a reaction when I used the Smashbox Photofinish Primer.. It used to make my skin feel like silk, but my skin did break out whenever I used it.. The silicone was the culprit.. I changed over to Laura Geller Spackle & had no problems.. I also had problems with BE Mineral Veil, made my skin very itchy :sad:

Thanks Daisy2911 for sharing your experience ! :confused2::flower:

I have always been reluctant to using silicone and never dared putting Photofinish on my skin.
Thanks to you I will never try it on ! :flower::flower:

Thanks Daisy2911 for sharing your experience ! :confused2::flower:

I have always been reluctant to using silicone and never dared putting Photofinish on my skin.
Thanks to you I will never try it on ! :flower::flower:

Glad to help Flora.. There are so many other primers for you to try that don't contain silicone.. I hope you find one that works for you :wave2:

Photofinish light is a darling product without silicone (I think) or salicylate ingredients either. Aspirin or its derivatives are a huge problem that only the Australians seem to take seriously.

Latest posts

Back