Dyson AM05 Hot & Cool Fan White TSV 28/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder what the tsv price will be? Found it online between £297- £370, depending on colour. Anyone got one of these?

I got the metal/blue one last year and think it was just over £300. It was a present to myself as a bit unjustifiable but I have fans going all the time in Summer and use hand fans all year round, never going out without one!!!

We have one (not from QVC ) and Dyson is sending us a box and prepaid label to send it back for a check.

We have one (not from QVC ) and Dyson is sending us a box and prepaid label to send it back for a check.

Same here. I just read about this in the paper. Mine was not from Q either but please do check on the website if you bought one of these. I got mine last November.

Thanks for Heads Up. Just registered on Dyson website and mine does need to be checked/repaired. Got it from QVC in September 2012.

just phoned my sister bought it from qvc and its that model that needs fixing. the comments are not that complimetry regarding dyson now being based in china

I saw this and, whilst Dyson are acting accordingly by recalling the fan heaters they are, I feel, rather tardy in so doing. Models from 2012 are affected, so the potential for disaster has been present since then. A lot of the time when items are recalled, it is merely as a precaution. Let us hope that is the case in this instance, and no-one has suffered injury through ignorance.
It does bring one phrase to mind : Quality control?

BUMP!

Excuse me for doing this but just wanted to give more people a chance to read about the product recall.

Has anyone received their box from Dyson yet?

Just an update for those affected. I reported my fan on 18/3 and the box has just been delivered. It comes by parcelforce as a large box, not a folded up through the door job so you have to sign for it. Quite a box to carry to the Post Office too!

Just an update for those affected. I reported my fan on 18/3 and the box has just been delivered. It comes by parcelforce as a large box, not a folded up through the door job so you have to sign for it. Quite a box to carry to the Post Office too!

Thanks for update. I reported mine about the same time but still waiting for the box.

So this is a TSV again today!!!!! Seems too soon after a recall to me!

I am sure Q would check out all their stock, well hopeful anyway, but I would recommend people go to the Dyson recall webpage and enter their serial number (it is on the box) just to double check. If it needs to go back, free p&p all round, thank you very much.

Anyone else notice the low cut dress the rep was wearing, i was surprised Michall (whats his name) could keep his mind on the job.

I am sure Q would check out all their stock, well hopeful anyway, but I would recommend people go to the Dyson recall webpage and enter their serial number (it is on the box) just to double check. If it needs to go back, free p&p all round, thank you very much.

They recalled all 2 million units sold which is commendable. I would like one but wonder if the white will go yellow after many years. Would anyone educate me on this please?
Also, we can't blame the Chinese people for their gov rules. With cosmetics/ skincare I personally believe its a different issue but again I need to look into it more.

I realize that Dyson have dealt with the problems and I have had good service over the years from them with a vacuum(not from Q) that has occasionally gone wrong. I have found that their customer service advice and help has been great, however knowing that this product has had a problem overheating and even has been known to catch fire, it's not a risk that I would be prepared to take. My sister-in-law bought one of these fans last year and had a problem with it straight away. She took it back to the shop that she bought it from and got a refund. This was well before Dyson made the re-call public and I do wonder how long this had gone on for before something was done. For me personally, as I said it's not a risk that I want with the hassle that comes with it, but appreciate like everything we all have our own experiences.
As far as QVC having this as a TSV, maybe Dyson wanted to offload what's left of the current model,checked out no doubt, before a new model is launched-just a thought.

Latest posts

Back