Doll10 Beauty TSV 03/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think this is going back the Brow products is pants, I don't know how she does the demo on air I can't see any difference after playing for a few days.
You can’t see any difference miss molly? Mine goes on so heavy I had to change the brush and apply with light hand otherwise it’s too much too dark and too thick.

You can’t see any difference miss molly? Mine goes on so heavy I had to change the brush and apply with light hand otherwise it’s too much too dark and too thick.

No honestly and I have fair eyebrows:wonder: strange but reading the reviews on the single item on Q there are a lot of poor reviews.

No honestly and I have fair eyebrows:wonder: strange but reading the reviews on the single item on Q there are a lot of poor reviews.
I don’t know, mine is very soft and picks up a lot of colour however light I try and I have dark brows.

On the other hand I’m not very happy with foundation, my skin eats it and it highlights the dry patches that are more visible towards the end of the day.

On the other hand I’m not very happy with foundation, my skin eats it and it highlights the dry patches that are more visible towards the end of the day.

Sounds like you are dehydrated... are you using a primer? That would be a good way to stop your foundation going patchy... ideally you would use a primer, but also up the moisture in your skin prep... I would heartily recommend you have a look for some tips on this on Caroline Hirons' blog. There are "cheat sheets" for routines and for dehydrated skin which might help you.

Sounds like you are dehydrated... are you using a primer? That would be a good way to stop your foundation going patchy... ideally you would use a primer, but also up the moisture in your skin prep... I would heartily recommend you have a look for some tips on this on Caroline Hirons' blog. There are "cheat sheets" for routines and for dehydrated skin which might help you.

I shouldn't be dehydrated (I think), I use moisturiser night and morning, but no primer as don't have much time in the morning. I'm being careful with moisturiser in the morning as later in the day my skin can become oily. Will try the primer tomorrow, thanks May.

I read Caroline Hirons' blog what gets posted on here, otherwise I find navigating on her website confusing. I shall give it a go again.

I shouldn't be dehydrated (I think), I use moisturiser night and morning, but no primer as don't have much time in the morning. I'm being careful with moisturiser in the morning as later in the day my skin can become oily. Will try the primer tomorrow, thanks May.

I read Caroline Hirons' blog what gets posted on here, otherwise I find navigating on her website confusing. I shall give it a go again.

Best area to aim for is the right hand side... search at the top then the cheat sheets directly underneath.
;
Here are a few to get you going: Winter skin; Dry or dehydrated?; Hungover Skin/Parched weather-worn skin/Nurses/Teachers...

You can have dehydrated skin even if your body is well hydrated, especially in the winter. Using a serum with hyaluronic acid should help. That shouldn't make your skin oily as it's adding water rather than oil to the skin. If you use one that has hyaluronic as its base or right at the top of the ingredients list then spray the face lightly with a water spray or spray toner before application. If it's further down the list and the serum is silicone based then don't bother. The spray is to make sure you're giving the hyaluronic some water to take into the skin, if you don't give it that it can take water out of the skin instead which you obviously don't want.

You can have dehydrated skin even if your body is well hydrated, especially in the winter. Using a serum with hyaluronic acid should help. That shouldn't make your skin oily as it's adding water rather than oil to the skin. If you use one that has hyaluronic as its base or right at the top of the ingredients list then spray the face lightly with a water spray or spray toner before application. If it's further down the list and the serum is silicone based then don't bother. The spray is to make sure you're giving the hyaluronic some water to take into the skin, if you don't give it that it can take water out of the skin instead which you obviously don't want.

yes to this :eek:)

also, having dehydrated skin (rather than dry skin, which is not the same) can make the skin overproduce oil,
to try and compensate in the absence of moisture, and becoming overstimulated as it tries to deal with the dehydration

re the hyaluronic acid, i get what srhgts said above, true for most serums
however the NIOD MMHC works to mosturise on the deeper levels after a period of continued use
http://niod.com/product/multi-molecular-hyaluronic-complex-15ml

i have found that to be true and my skin is now making more of its own moisture
without me needing to provide so much surface hydration
after about 2 to 3 weeks using this ...

I have the NIOD MMHC from the two peace kit but was saving it for 'harsh conditions' e.g. long flights etc as the bottle is tiny 15 ml. I am going to have a look through my stash and see if I can find something else, I should have Emma Hardie Hydrating Lotion and am/pm moisturiser.
lilith, have you seen the new NIOD Flavanone Mud mask? I'm currently on waitlist
http://niod.com/product/flavanone-mud-50ml

I have the NIOD MMHC from the two peace kit but was saving it for 'harsh conditions' e.g. long flights etc as the bottle is tiny 15 ml. I am going to have a look through my stash and see if I can find something else, I should have Emma Hardie Hydrating Lotion and am/pm moisturiser.
lilith, have you seen the new NIOD Flavanone Mud mask? I'm currently on waitlist
http://niod.com/product/flavanone-mud-50ml

haha, i have indeed seen it,
and snaffled it up at Victoria Health
been using it just over a week
i don't want to be too gushy,
but it is amazing
after first use (you can leave it on for a good while, i did 2 hours, not drying like 'normal' clay)
it already sorted out my funky ingrown hair bumps on chin
then i used it two more times last week, but just on the t-zone
and a hydrating mask on the cheeks and forehead
and today again a full face one
the skin on the t-zone had been worse than on the rest of my face (bigger pores, breakouts, marks)
and it is getting smoother and more close the skin on the cheeks now

and in combination with the CAIS/MMHC, my skin seems to be getting better and better now
bouncier, feels healthier and happier and more resilient and less fragile - and marks from break outs are healing well
and i have left out now at this stage more of the surface pampering serums and oils
i used to have to use to pamper it within an inch of its life so that it was glowing and felt comfortable
but it took 2 or 3 weeks for me to feel that i don't need all the extra product anymore

i think the CAIS needs the MMHC as a minimum to work plus a mosturiser on top
or if not MMHC, the Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age from Boots
that's what i understood Brendan said via the various chats

the 15ml MMHC may seem small, but it is highly potent
and not full of fillers like other serums which may be mainly water and glycerin
it takes a little conscious change to be aware that the skin will not feel full of product
because the deeper layers of the skin absorb it
and the temptation is to put more on, because it feels unusual
the first few times i think i used more than the 5 little drops needed
but now i am used to it
i think my 15ml bottle of MMHC will last me 2 to 3 months,
same with the CAIS

if i were you, i'd get the MMHC out, put over the top of the CAIS
and finish off with EH am/pm cream (a thin coating)
and observe closely what is happening over a week's time
hopefully, your skin is going to stop eating up your foundation
as well as going a bit into overdrive with the oil production
because your skin is balanced oil and water wise

the MF mud mask would also be great as not harsh or drying
but cleaning out pores gently
whereas a really absorbant clay or stripping mask
may temporarily be cleaning out the pores,
but it can then again stimulate more sebum production
and you get into a vicious circle and overstimulating your sebum production

here is the mud, still in stock https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Flavanone-Mud/11914

i think it may be exclusive to Victoria Health at the mo

i also got the NEC Neck Elasticity Catalyst today
and i am well excited about how that may work on my chin, jawline and eye lids

i know it sounds a bit silly
but i wake up every morning and boucning out of bed to have a look at how my skin has improved
which is quite a lovely change from avoiding the mirror as everything was heading south ....

p.s. lots of really good information on Victoria Health, probably the best source for NIOD anywhere

I'm on 'waitist' at Victoria Health, they emailed me with lengthy apologies. Basically I placed an order last Sunday, and they could't fulfil it. So they don't have it in stock, but let people buy it as it's still showing in stock at this moment, and then an apologetic email goes out.
I have been using NIOD NEC for over a week now and I think that it's working. I didn't buy it for the neck but to rebuild elastine in the skin (like it's supposed to) that I may have lost due to my love of sunny weather, and I wasn't keen on using spf back then. I use it on the face and décolletage over CAIS.

I'm on 'waitist' at Victoria Health, they emailed me with lengthy apologies. Basically I placed an order and they could't fulfil it, and knowing it too well they still show it in stock so people buy it, and then an apologetic email goes out.
I have been using NIOD NEC for over a week now and I think that it's working. I didn't buy it for the neck but to try to rebuild elastin that I may have lost due my love to the Sun and I wasn't keen on using spf back then. I use it on the face and décolletage over CAIS.

oh, i see, i thought you may have been on waitlist on Deciem website (which lists it but says 'email me when back in stock')
and if you haven't seen it already, Deciem has 20% off at the mo on all NIOD and other of their brands
use code YEAROFTHEMONKEY
and i have also found out, and have been impressed, Deciem says (incl in their t&c's)
that we can return any product that we have tried and that is unsuitable for a full refund for a whole year
(QVC eat your heart out )

v good to hear about NEC working for you
*ooh look at us, speaking *fluent* NIOD, haha*

Thanks lilith I was actually going to email them and ask if they can do some kind of autodelivery for me and a small discount ))) as I go through CAIS too quickly.I have now finished 15 ml bottle and half way through 30 ml bottle using on face, décolletage and hands.
Great to know about deciem returns policy.
Edit: I've ordered CAIS 30ml and saved £12!

I second the Hylamide Sub Q recommendation. There's also another one recommended by Caroline Hirons made by Pestle and Mortar that I like. They're both around £30 but you really don't need much so they should last a long time. Hylamide is quite often 1/3 off in Boots.

Latest posts

Back